What's new

Tech New Bane Tech/Combos...I think.

Hey guys, I have never posted here before. I have been playing MK9 since its release and now Injustice. Sorry the video is kind of long. I try to explain a lot throughout the video. I have also corrected my known mistakes in the video using text captions. Please let me know what you guys think of this. Thank you.

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
I'm definitely going to try the standing 1 123 c.grab as a cross up anti air. That is the only anti air that I've seen that leads into a combo. Ending b22 with a run seems pointless to me. It leaves you with no setups and the damage sucks. b22 into 123 c.grab leaves you in a great position and it has way better damage. Keep up the grind.

I know the c.grab combos have higher damage but this might be worth throwing in once or twice a match. On block or tech roll hit there are def. setups. My XBL is Virgil146 if you want to play sometime. Thanks for the input :)

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
thats actually really useful to keep pressure and if you can pressure someone into the corner you can do the bane loop and just stay in pressure and you can just hold them there all fight

In the corner they have to block or wake up because bane will just keep running throughout the entirety of their wake up frames :)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
For anti-air, have you tried his f.3+ MB? Its really big hitbox above and in front of you, and since he hops in the air its nearly impossible to still make it over him. Add in also the follow-up combos. Costs a bar, but thats still going to be in the area of 35% damage for an anti-air.

EDIT: Nvm, f+3 MB has too much pause. Standing 2 hits all the way to above his head, its a better option imo.

Holy shit. Standing 2 is so much better lol. Thanks for the input!

*Edit* I actually think standing 2 might be too slow to be an effective anti air :( in game I've been having way more success with standing 1

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Pretty sure out of an anti-air catch you can go into different strings. Standing 2 links into pretty much any of his neutral strings, so I mean its not like theres any shortage of combos. To my knowledge 123 body press and 123 MB double punch are your best options, body doing about 27% without venom and punch doing 25% but having some insane wall-carry potential.

With level 1 venom, body does 30% even, with about 35% for EX press. Double does 28%

Kidigital

@KdashDigital/Raiko Digital
Hey friend F2, D catches people who are attempting to junp away from me or not at the risk of crossing up on forward jump. I use it more for out of sweep range. Also, Between you and me sometimes depending on height I can combo into 1,1,3 :confused: I also have a question. Has anyone noticed that after certain knockdowns bane can command grab you on wakeup frames? It sort of looks like an OTG but its not. For instance I will do B 2, 3, D3 and throw out the command grab a little before they get up from hard knock down. Only way I have seen out of this so far is to wakeup attack. Any one else come across this?

My friend and sparring partner mains aquaman and he said I threw him out of every wake up attack he had. We are both very good mk players and he's an above average ssf4 player. It would even show up as a wake up attack but I'd eat a hit and throw. It even beat his parry and his really fast trident multi hit attack. I think, depending on when you throw it out, banes c.grab stuffs most wake ups. Next time we play ill record the match and post it :)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Has anyone noticed that after certain knockdowns bane can command grab you on wakeup frames? It sort of looks like an OTG but its not. For instance I will do B 2, 3, D3 and throw out the command grab a little before they get up from hard knock down. Only way I have seen out of this so far is to wakeup attack. Any one else come across this?
You can get out of it by using armor, it was discussed in the bane corner grab reset video. Basically you are forcing them to either have armor on wake-up and open themselves to a punish (if their armor is slower, like grundy walking corpse), or burn a meter to do MB b.3. MB f.3 usually has too much pause to not be eaten by the grab.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
sadly, I could not find any cross-up setups off the move, which makes it not as useful.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I had a set with using that charge knockdown distance to land meaty grabs in the corner. Nice to see another string works midscreen as well.

Kidigital

@KdashDigital/Raiko Digital
You can get out of it by using armor, it was discussed in the bane corner grab reset video. Basically you are forcing them to either have armor on wake-up and open themselves to a punish (if their armor is slower, like grundy walking corpse), or burn a meter to do MB b.3. MB f.3 usually has too much pause to not be eaten by the grab.
AAAhh okay yeah me and my friend tried this out in practice and I actually found the same thing applies for the x ray of his and the only way he could get out was invincible wake up which the timing for is really difficult apperently. We could test in the lab if you like for further tests of this gimmick :D GT: Kidigital

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
So you used what I showed in my video??? If so, that definitely just made my day :3
I had something similar for the corner. It is based off charging on ground when they're still hittable before waking up and the distance like sets up for a grab.

AAAhh okay yeah me and my friend tried this out in practice and I actually found the same thing applies for the x ray of his and the only way he could get out was invincible wake up which the timing for is really difficult apperently. We could test in the lab if you like for further tests of this gimmick :D GT: Kidigital
I played you today online lol. I'm Virgil146. Didja like my bane? :p