What's new

General/Other - Venomous New and Improved Venomous D'Vorah Buffs Explained

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Hey TYM,

As I'm sure many of you know, both Venomous and Brood Mother received some buffs in the new patch. While I don't quite feel the Brood Mother buffs are enough for me to make the switch off Swarm Queen, I definitely think the Venomous buffs are significant and will make Venomous D'Vorah a character to be feared. All my findings so far are included in the video below. Enjoy!

@Take$$$
@Blind_Ducky
@Braindead
@Sindelia
@Vak Phoenix
@SaltShaker
@TopTierHarley
@RunwayMafia
@anyone else interested

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Dirty. I wonder if this will be better than SQ even after they fix the cancels.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Thanks for the tag. Man that is amazing. Seeing it on display helped me understand why the buffs were so beneficial than reading it. I agree that in some of the more footsie oriented variations Venomous might be the go to one to use.

Great changes and additions to the character.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So happy about this. I love this variation (I dislike the cancel mechanic in SQ).. Ive been saying I would come back to this game if this patch impressed me, and it def has. Between this and Kano.. Omgooses.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
It's hard to say. I haven't even played a match with the new patch yet lol. What do you think?
It is hard to say because of the fucked up cancels, but I'll get to play against Magician in a bit and get a feel for the current strength of Venomous. He cant mash shit out of my spray anymore so it'll be playable lol. One thing to note is characters like Quan got help against D'Vorahs f112 WC pressure, which probably makes it a bit weaker since it loses a braindead matchup.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Can someone explain why you lose health sometimes and sometimes you don't after her hits?

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Eh, it's only been a few games but Venomous feels fine. It's strong as fuck, but it's not busted at all. Probably not better than SQ at all, but I can see an argument being made very soon due to people not understanding difficulty=/=balance. Hopefully someone can provide a better one after that happens.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
It's able to reach 20%.
The only time stacked damage is going to be insane is when you play against that guy who never blocks.
Yea they only increased the damage on spray, the coding might have read that as venom overall. I'm fine with it being fixed as it is a bug. Venomous will still be good.
I don't think anyone would notice the difference if this stayed for months then got patched. Very very very rarely is the stacking going to go THAT far over what it was before. Fun to do in training mode though.