What's new

Question Neutral Jump Punch glitch?

Matix218

Get over here!
Hey guys,

I was messing around in training mode yesterday doing a smoke combo with a NJP in the middle (the one that reverses them back into the corner, 3d12, njp, telepunch, 3d12, ender) and i noticed that sometimes the NJP would not come out, even though I was sure that I had inputted it properly. I then just started testing a naked njp for consistency and noticed that sometimes randomly the njp would just not come out even though I was pressing the input for both jump and punch (using 1 for punch) the same way every time. Is this an input bug type of glitch or am i inputting punch too early or still holding up or something (i tried to make sure i was letting off of up just in case this was the issue but it seemed to randomly not come out regardless of this). I play on a Hori FC3 pro pad (just got a new one too so i know it is in perfect working order) and i have never had any issues with this pad so I really doubt it is that, it may be just something that I never noticed before even though i have been playing MK9 since launch day. Has anyone else experienced NJPs just not coming out (the character will still jump up, just no punch comes out)? This seems to be completely random but in testing it i noticed that it is rather frequent that the NJP will not come out. Just wondering if this has been noticed by anyone else and if there is any trick to make sure the NJP always comes out?

EDIT: Also i know the input is going into the game because the input for 1 showed up on the list of inputs in training mode so i know its not that my controller has a bad square button or something of that nature.

the piano method helps (according to others, i've never tried it)... slide your finger from 1 to 2 or vice versa. i'm not sure if it's a glitch or anything, i always assumed it was a timing issue

Matix218

Get over here!
the piano method helps (according to others, i've never tried it)... slide your finger from 1 to 2 or vice versa. i'm not sure if it's a glitch or anything, i always assumed it was a timing issue
Ok so basically other people have had this issue too? And they piano between 1 and 2 to "double" the punch inputs and make sure it comes out? Curious to hear more feedback.

Ok so basically other people have had this issue too? And they piano between 1 and 2 to "double" the punch inputs and make sure it comes out? Curious to hear more feedback.
yeah they have, with reptiles 321 e.dash njp combo in particular. i looked around the reptile forum for some of the threads (i was sure there was like 50 all dealing with how to land the combo) but only found one.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/who-mastered-the-bnb.14787/

i've always just practiced the timing though. never noticed a difference using the piano method.