What's new

Strategy Neutral Game Harley

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
So.... extreme damage and flashy combos are all well and good against a training dummy.. But lets talk about her neutral game and what you do with The Jokers darling while trying to set up and get in?

-Those pesky jumpers- all I do is jump!!! How do you handle it and what are your go to moves?

-I crouch and spam 1 when in close!! How do you handle it and go to moves?

At first I liked to think of Harley as a rushdown character, but the more experience I get with her, the more I learn her tool set, the more I see her as a hang back, annoy them, let them come at you.. Bait and punish hard type character. Which.. I am okay with.

What are your thoughts?

Reifu

Cassie in training
A good jumping 2 beats most random jumpers. If they do a deep jump in d2 seems fairly safe thing to do. Also MB Cupcakes on a good jump in read nets you a nice combo.

Mostly I feel the same about her as you described. First I look at how the opponent starts the round and I try to be laid back and patiently wait between long-mid range and annoy them with guns and possibly cupcakes (also these catch the random jumpers) if I have the meter and they try to play the zoning game with me. So far they've given up on it and eventually try to come at me and I do just what you described, bait and punish or just go poking them myself just to see how they react. Usually people don't block max range b22 too well since it's fairly far hitting low so I have gotten many combos off of that (I expect people to eventually learn to block in this game so let's see how things develop).

D

Deleted member 9158

Yeah my problem is, is that I've been treating her like a rushdown character when she clearly isn't. She works best at about mid-screen I find. But I'm also having issues with heavy zoning like Deathstroke and even Superman. I ran into a superman on XBL the other day and could not for the life of me get in on him since he stood back and threw dozens of laser beams at me. any tips?

Reifu

Cassie in training
Yeah my problem is, is that I've been treating her like a rushdown character when she clearly isn't. She works best at about mid-screen I find. But I'm also having issues with heavy zoning like Deathstroke and even Superman. I ran into a superman on XBL the other day and could not for the life of me get in on him since he stood back and threw dozens of laser beams at me. any tips?
Haven't fought any Superman yet but by looking at vids and streams it seems that the laser beam where he raises his gaze from the ground can be jumped over. The end parts of the laser animation don't seem to have an actual hit box so even if you seems to jump into the last parts of the laser it doesn't actually hit you.

D

Deleted member 9158

Haven't fought any Superman yet but by looking at vids and streams it seems that the laser beam where he raises his gaze from the ground can be jumped over. The end parts of the laser animation don't seem to have an actual hit box so even if you seems to jump into the last parts of the laser it doesn't actually hit you.
It's confusing for me still, but if he does it in the air if you dash forwards as you see him do it, it seems to whiff allowing you to close the gap. Zoning is a different kind of animal in this game. Well, for me so far anyways.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I found one thing that help Harley in a fight is taking advantage of her mobility using the interactables. Places like Atalntis and Arkham Mess Hall can give an extra edge in mobility to either advance or even confuse. After reading this I think she is more a bait and catch kinda characte, which is cool since its just all new to me in the way I normally play a character in a FG.

Eshi

Noob
Harley can rush down. Once she's at point blank range, 2B3 is +10 on block even though it looks unsafe so it frame traps like a motherfucker. Just that one string repeated has a 5 frame hole when perfectly timed so nobody can actually stop it without super armor or push block.

For getting in on zoners, her forward dash recovers really fast so she can just block projectile > dash to get in, or she can silly slide > tantrum stance cancel to cover huge ground.

D

Deleted member 9158

Harley can rush down. Once she's at point blank range, 2B3 is +10 on block even though it looks unsafe so it frame traps like a motherfucker. Just that one string repeated has a 5 frame hole when perfectly timed so nobody can actually stop it without super armor or push block.

For getting in on zoners, her forward dash recovers really fast so she can just block projectile > dash to get in, or she can silly slide > tantrum stance cancel to cover huge ground.
Yeah her 2 B3 string is amazing, I've started using it and it's been working wonders. Yeah her forward dash is amazing, I've been using it now to get around zoners. With mixed results so far, but that's what practice is for. Thanks for the input!