What's new

NetherRealm teases several incoming patch changes on Twitter

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Starting about 8 hours ago several members of NetherRealm Studios including Ed Boon himself began teasing the incoming balance patch. Some nerfs include Alien's tail whip being subject to Sub-Zero while a clone is out. Some buffs include Bo being able to cancel projectiles with his staff.

Below are a few teases images from twitter, plus links to the rest of the changes.

Bo buff link
bo.png

Alien nerf link
alien.png

Last edited:

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Anyone who calls the Mileena nerf ridiculous is nuts! The pop up time she has on normal ball roll is all kinds of stupid. Normal roll pops you up for so long Mileena can get knocked down when trading the hit, she can get back up, do her laundry, walk her hell hounds, floss those lovely teeth, throws some sais at a picture of Kitana, then return to the stage to finish a full combo. It looks like she will still be able to combo off of it with the nerf, but it seems NRS shared my belief that floating in the damn air that long from a non enhanced move is bullshit.

I do not expect Mileena mains to be happy and I understand some will fight TOOTH and nail to call foul...but you should know by now that NRS giveth, then they take away.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Let's wait and see what happens with that Mileena change, it might be a fair change...
Also... Does this kinda confirm that D'vorah, Mileena and Takeda will have hurtboxes with their normals too?

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Interesting adjustment on Mileena. I thought they would just adjust her Piercing related strings, but it looks like they are adjusting her as a whole. And, I'm OK with the Cutthroat Nerf. B121 not coming out if the opponent blocks and guesses correctly is a fair trade I guess. I'm glad to see NRS is being surgical about this and not nerfing his base tools, indirectly hitting both Commando and Cybernetic.

Frenzy

Noob
While it's too early to tell how this roll change will affect ethereal, I think a variation specific roll would be nice.

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
So far not a fan of this patch.
There's not much "balancing" as much as there is doing some dumb shit with characters; Mileena specifically, god damn her ball roll is gonna be stupid good now.
More specific opinions:
Alien - Well needed nerf. I hope they do a lot more with frame data and more hurboxes on his tail; very good for balancing this OP piece of shit.
Kitana - Not sure why you're enhancing pressure properties for a zoner, hmmmmmm...
SZ - Just what the fuck? Is this a command throw of sorts off of D4 or fixing the end lag on D4 for a tick throw? Either way it seems far too good imo, and gonna be tricky to deal with
Mileena - FUCK YOU, PAULO.
Jonhhy - No one plays fisticuffs
CSZ - YES BABY JESUS THIS WAS SO NEEDED. I'm more-so hoping its increased start up on ice ball rather than decreased end lag on target combos, I was REALLY happy with this one!

EDIT:
Just learnt on Scar's stream that Mileena's ball roll is NOT comboable unless meter burnt now. In short, thank Paulo instead of fuck Paulo lol.

Last edited:

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
There's not much "balancing" as much as there is doing some dumb shit with characters; Mileena specifically, god damn her ball roll is gonna be stupid good now.
Stupid good? From what I can see, it appears as if you need to spend a bar to combo off her roll now.

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
Stupid good? From what I can see, it appears as if you need to spend a bar to combo off her roll now.
Yea i just learnt this right now actually, was gonna edit my post.
Apparently the roll goes further now and is not comboable unless meter burnt.
I take back any shit talk I've said about Paulo in the past 14 hours.

Reactions: JDM

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
More specific opinions:
Alien - Well needed nerf. I hope they do a lot more with frame data and more hurboxes on his tail; very good for balancing this OP piece of shit.
Kitana - Not sure why you're enhancing pressure properties for a zoner, hmmmmmm...
SZ - Just what the fuck? Is this a command throw of sorts off of D4 or fixing the end lag on D4 for a tick throw? Either way it seems far too good imo, and gonna be tricky to deal with
Mileena - FUCK YOU, PAULO.
Jonhhy - No one plays fisticuffs
CSZ - YES BABY JESUS THIS WAS SO NEEDED. I'm more-so hoping its increased start up on ice ball rather than decreased end lag on target combos, I was REALLY happy with this one!

EDIT:
Just learnt on Scar's stream that Mileena's ball roll is NOT comboable unless meter burnt now. In short, thank Paulo instead of fuck Paulo lol.
The hell is end lag? You mean recovery frames?

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Fist bump cancel? But theres a-list... A bit reduntant if you ask me. Glad they did something about fistcuffs, nevertheless.
However i see that bo buff. I know flaco is rolling around somewhere lol'ing.
Im calling it right now!!!
MASTER OF STORM buffs!!

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Fist bump cancel? But theres a-list... A bit reduntant if you ask me. Glad they did something about fistcuffs, nevertheless.
However i see that bo buff. I know flaco is rolling around somewhere lol'ing.
Im calling it right now!!!
MASTER OF STORM buffs!!
We still have to check how that supposed cancel works, if it gives advantage, if it allows to combo off strings on hit...many questions. Anyway, it's not redundant at all, it uses meter, unless many other changes are done to fisti, A-List (if untouched) will still be the best variation.