What's new

Net F2 Net Checking: Viable or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Based off the following post from the Ermac section and the frame data from the Cyrax section.

Basically, what if instead of ending a combo with a Net instead of Ragdoll/Anti-Air? That would reset the opponent, leaving them at enough advantage to follow up with an F2, and finally checking with a Net or Bomb of your own, depending on how you read your opponent.

Yes after f4 resets, i use f2. This move has frame advantage of +5. d1 is uniteruptedable after this except from super armor/xrays.
Most of the time after this move, ( i guess people are too antsy/impatient/ or just dont know ermac) people try to jump in, away or do some action, so its easy to check people and get a tks.

Its hard to land f2 after a jump in punch since it can be interupted, or just while in close range combat because it comes out on frame 21.
Very easy to see this coming and stop it.
But if you use the reset to get this in, it can work wonders.

for instance, if you end a combo in a reset, go for a f2. After this like i mention above, check the opponent with a tks.
NOW, once you get another reset, end it again with an f2. Now depending on your opponent, if they are smart enough they wont move because they'll get grabbed by tks again. People do tend to be smarter after eating this once. So now that you have them respecting the tks after the f2 trap, this opens up new things.

From here, you can:
-dash in grab
-dash in d1/d4
-dash in and start a block string.
-jump away
-cross over jump
-f4
-another f2 to confuse them even more (get them to move to grab them with tks lol)
-cross over jump in kick cancel into iafb
-dash in into iafb.
-dash in, into unblockable
-dash in, into unblockable cancel

see, you can do anything after a f2, its just a matter of reading your opponent.
my favorite useage of this so far has been using an unblockable after the f2. I canceled this and dashed back. The opponent went to jump over me and i aa uppercut into a reset combo, and then back in f2.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i'm going to make a thread about ending combos with a net right now, its something ive been testing extensively for a few weeks and finally managed to put to some sort of use in Dink's tourney last night.

zaf

professor
why is this even a new thread, i mean like my information in this.
are you talking about ending cyrax combos into net for resets like ermacs?

ELC

Scrublord McGee
why is this even a new thread, i mean like my information in this.
are you talking about ending cyrax combos into net for resets like ermacs?
Yes: if I'm not mistaken, ending a combo with another net, then using F2 to take advantage of the advantage from the reset, then checking with a Net or Bomb could open new possibilities for Cyrax mindgames by instilling fear of jumping or fear of blocking in them, allowing you to open them up for more damage.

EDIT: Though ... since Mustard created a new thread like he said and this is only one of many possibilities to follow up a combo-ending net ... perhaps this thread could be merged into that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.