What's new

nerves at tournaments

yep i have the same feeling,even when i play online against other players .It usually happpens before the match starts . Then i calm down and learn their tactics .:hammer:

MKK hanzo

Im playing on videogame tourneys since 1997. And on MK tourneys I have over 50 in my back and I STILL GET NERVOUS when playing. Dont know what to do. Thats why you see me rocking in casuals but playing veeeeeery safe in tourney matches... :\

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Yeah, I know the feeling and I'll try the music thing. But I don't get nervous all times against the same players, it's wierd.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
how do some of you guys over come your nerves during tournament play?

i find myself shaking a lot, especially in the legs.. my heart races and it really effects my play cause im so damn nervous..

i dont think anyone noticed this of me at NEC.

i just played a semi final mk2 online tournament and i wanted to win so bad, but my fucking legs just were shaking a lot, i was getting real frustrated with it..

is there anyone else that suffers form this? and how do you go about over coming this?

i plan on doing some research to find ways to calm myself inside during these tournament matches.. during casual play it NEVER happens :confused::confused:
It's funny you mention this, because at WB when I played against Summoning and btbb99 I felt the same way at times. I was in total focus and I played some of the best games I have played in a long time.

NoDoubt

nasty
i cant stand 1 person watching me play let alone a few hundred so its really hard for me at a tourny 2 keep calm, but i just gotta overcome that issue someday. Wearing a hoodie at brawl helped i guess lol...i needed somethin that wud make me feel closed in my room somehow

when my matches are finished, i just hide in the corner and eat chocolate barz

Garfed

Noob
I'm not nervous. But I have when I started. Some people bring the iPod to listen to music and block out the people....