NeoRussell, "if they plan to travel overseas, the opponent they play will not be as nice" Angola

Discussion in 'Tournament Accommodations' started by STORMS, Dec 7, 2012.

By STORMS on Dec 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM
  1. STORMS

STORMS Owner / Director
    Administrator

PSN:
    HEISSTORMS
    As many of you know, NeoRussell went on a trip to Angola, Africa back in October to meet his girlfriend's family. While there, one of Russell's goals was to meet up with the countries fighting game community "scene" and see what it was all about. Russell goes in to great detail concerning the trip and is a must read for anyone who would someday be interested in making the same journey to the country.

Regarding the players and the community, Russell states that Capcom and Namco players were nowhere to be found and that the scene the town called "Natgil" had consisted of Mortal Kombat players who went by the "Mortal Kombat Titans". Russell describes their community as being "honest with their gameplay". Read Russell's blog in full below:

[​IMG]

First off, Welcome to TestYourMight! My main objective nowadays is to keep you as updated as I possibly can in regards to NetherRealm Studios news, especially dealing with Mortal Kombat and Injustice.

Thank you for your support!
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournament Accommodations' started by STORMS, Dec 7, 2012.

1. 9_Lives
      9_Lives
      Epic! That's what MK should be like everywhere. Also, props to being one of the few non-jaded Jade players! So rare that I dropped the character since all I ever found in the forums was nothing but complaints and long since discovered OTG tech.
    2. REYTHEGREAT
      REYTHEGREAT
      Good read. Glad you had a good time there.
    3. Vagrant
      Vagrant
      Sounds like an awesome experience man. Glad you had a good time.
    4. NeoRussell
      NeoRussell
      Hey Cool, thanks Storms for the post. It was a great experience. Hopefully I can stay longer next time. We are all connected by one game guys, and that's MK. Love the FGC.

NeoRussell
    5. Eddy Wang
      Eddy Wang
      GG's NeoRussell, we will glad you welcoming you again, or anyone who decides to visit us ^^

I have to say it, i didn't really knew what GGs was until he explain to me directly, and i felt so hype on that day lol, that i would wanted to do more sets with you.
    6. G4S J360
      G4S J360
      Awesome read. Neo Russell introducing the world to that Philippines jade tech
      Owerbart and Shady like this.
    7. B Pryme
      B Pryme
      Man that is awesome, and im proud to be apart of this community. Cool to see the game getting love over there. Btw their setup looks legit!!
    8. BenGmanUk
      BenGmanUk
      'Honest with their gameplay' huh. I like it. Great read and fair play for seeking out the MK scene there. That's hardcore.
    9. Euphoric
      Euphoric
      This made me feel fuzzy inside. Good stuff :).
    10. THTB
      THTB
      Good read! Can't wait to see some of the Angolan players make it over to the States sometime. :)
      Eddy Wang likes this.
    11. PPJ
      PPJ
      neorussel da man
    12. Owerbart
      Owerbart
      awesome stuff! russell!
    13. SZSR
      SZSR
      @CDjr, improving international relations since 1992.

This was really cool Russell, i'm happy we have players like you to go out of your way to meet the rest of the community.
      CrazyBread likes this.
    14. Dramatica
      Dramatica
      That was awesome, thank you!
    15. CrazyBread
      CrazyBread
      It's a small world after all...well when you've got MK9 in the mix. Reading this and watching the vids made me feel like I was there. Very cool!
    16. Zangrief
      Zangrief
      One love, One heart!
    17. Noob Saibot
      Noob Saibot
      Thanks for sharing. Props to the Angola MK scene.
      Eddy Wang likes this.
    18. DarkSlayerSmith
      DarkSlayerSmith
      We thank you all for the love! BTW NeoRussell we wanna see you again next year we are all looking foward for the battles that we could not fought(because of the short time your had to stay with us),there is so much we left unsaid.
      PS:some of our friends here back home started playing with jade(weeks after your departure), coz in some way you inspired us to not look down on FEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH:eek: TIER!
      PEACE!!;)
      Eddy Wang likes this.
    19. Essay
      Essay
      I literally had a dream several months back that I made the exact trip Russell did from Canada to Angola and played MK with Eddy Wang. Way to live my dream, NeoRussell. It's just too bad you hadn't been studying Portuguese for the last three years like I have been. :p
    20. mrpowerhouse
      mrpowerhouse
      awesome post Russell, it's nice to know how fighting game communities flourish in other countries.

a little off-topic though: but when will you visit the Philippines again? being a Rocket Raccoon mainer in marvel, i would LOVE to see your Coon tech in person. also marcus and the rest of MKPH would definite love to meet you :)
    21. solidsnake
      solidsnake
      Russell we had a good time during your short stay and we welcome any players to visit us :). Awesome post and Kudos for making us have some visibility out there.