What's new

Question Need Timing Helps

Justice

Noob
I'm having a hard time getting consistent timing for a F3/B3 after a Cat Claws or a background bounce. Does anyone have any tips (other than the obvious practice, practice, and more practice)?

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Wait until the animation finishes before you put in the input. Turn off release check if you are really having trouble. Release check takes off the button removal input (aka letting go of a button 1, 2, 3) as a factor so

BASICALLY what you put in is what you get.

Reborn

Noob
The one thing to remember when practicing combos and confirming moves is no mashing. If something is not working properly, try different timings and only hit the button ONCE. If the move does not come out, you hit the button too soon. If the move wiffs, you hit the button too late.

Justice

Noob
That's the thing with the F3 at least. I can't tell if I'm whiffing early or late. It seems to connect pretty close to the ground.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeah just wait until the cat claws is done then input the move. Takes some getting used to and honestly I still drop it every once in a while.

Reborn

Noob
That's the thing with the F3 at least. I can't tell if I'm whiffing early or late. It seems to connect pretty close to the ground.
My best advice is to watch combo videos and mimic their timing until you find the rhythm. If you completely miss you hit too early. If you connect with the f3 and don't get the wiff you hit it too late.

The key is to aim for the ankles.