What's new

Need some help with a combo

Nava

Noob
On the wiki it shows this combo;

TKS, aaHP,HP, teleport punch (miss), aaHP, JK, TKS, aaHP,HP, aaHP, JK 8 hits 82%

I cannot hit that no matter how hard I try. I can get off a TKS, aaHP,HP Telepunch whiff, aaHP,HP TKS, aaHP,HP JK for 7 hits 55%

How is it you get off the aaHP, JK, TKS? Im assuming its a deep JK, but I still cant get it off.

Any ideas? I guess a link to a video with the combo performed in it would be the best, but a better explanation would help also

EDIT- I also cannot get the aaHP,HP, aaHP, JK. I try and aaHPHP walking aaHP but it always misses. Ive tried hitting it sooner and hitting it last second, but I cannot get that to connect either.

Nava

Noob
Now, is that only possible in MKT? i know that combos are possible in MKT that arent possible in UMK3.

Also, why did it only do 71% ? wiki said 82% ?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The final version of PSX MKT and UMK3 combos are virtually 100% identical. There are certain combos on N64 MKT are possible that aren't in UMK3.

The reason it says 71% on not 82% is because Ermac's TKS is not added to the combo, and in a non-damage protected combo, each TKS does 5.5%, so 71% + 5.5% + 5.5% = 82%

MKK hanzo

The final version of PSX MKT and UMK3 combos are virtually 100% identical. There are certain combos on N64 MKT are possible that aren't in UMK3.

The reason it says 71% on not 82% is because Ermac's TKS is not added to the combo, and in a non-damage protected combo, each TKS does 5.5%, so 71% + 5.5% + 5.5% = 82%
EDIT: beat me to it. Sup Shock? Great you guys opened again.

On topic: There are a few combos that dont connect on MKT psx and in the arcade do cause of characters size.

Ermac vs male ninja: Ermac cornered: HKLP, whiff TLPT, aaHP, aaRH. TKS, jump straight K, Glitch TLP cancel. In arcade it connects leaving the opponent in the corner and gettin you out of it, we call it "hitting with his back". In MKT PSX on male Ninjas, Ermac dont even hit the opponent. Its possible on Jax and I think Stryker. Dont remember well.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah that's a combination of screen size and character size. The res for the arcade is different than PSX, and the sprites are about 85% the size, so these two factors make for some issues on comboes like that.

i need help upgrading a combo, it is one hit away from being 100%

shang tsung GE setup, {Ermac} run under roundhouse, TKS, HP, HP, JK, RH, HK (about 98% or so)

best way for placement of this combo is have shang stand at the tombstone in the corner of the grave yard stage so u can run under roundhouse w/ out push back

that might be the MAX DAMAGE but i think it can be upgraded.........suggestions?