What's new

Need some guide or master, my dream to become a pro player

Ok, this is kinda embarrassing but at first, my friends beat me like a LOT even if they didn't have the game, then i got the game and practiced, and beat them (yeah), but all the training It took was playing every day for some hours to get the hang of it, but then my friends bought MKX and in a few days they started to beat me again :(, as if I suck at mortal combat and sometimes I win but now its rarely, I drop a lot of combos (play Cassie Cage) and I am (as my friends told me) very predictable after some time with a character.
Can anyone help me, become a teacher or some thing like that and to improve my gameplay?, it is my first fighting game in my life and I want to get good enough for some local tournaments in my country. I would really appreciate the help
PS: right now my "main" character is Cassie cage, but decided to branch out because freakin sub zero always zones me out, can kinda play with Kung Lao, Jason, Takeda, and I am trying to learn Tremor now that he is out (also predator maybe, he is cool, lol), by the way, sorry if my english is a little bit off the edge, I am from a country were I can't practice it a lot

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Ok, this is kinda embarrassing but at first, my friends beat me like a LOT even if they didn't have the game, then i got the game and practiced, and beat them (yeah), but all the training It took was playing every day for some hours to get the hang of it, but then my friends bought MKX and in a few days they started to beat me again :(, as if I suck at mortal combat and sometimes I win but now its rarely, I drop a lot of combos (play Cassie Cage) and I am (as my friends told me) very predictable after some time with a character.
Can anyone help me, become a teacher or some thing like that and to improve my gameplay?, it is my first fighting game in my life and I want to get good enough for some local tournaments in my country. I would really appreciate the help
PS: right now my "main" character is Cassie cage, but decided to branch out because freakin sub zero always zones me out, can kinda play with Kung Lao, Jason, Takeda, and I am trying to learn Tremor now that he is out (also predator maybe, he is cool, lol), by the way, sorry if my english is a little bit off the edge, I am from a country were I can't practice it a lot
Kombat*

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Word of advice. Keep practicing Cassie and make her godlike. Use practice mode and put the computer on reversal, then try to snuff out EVERY armored attack each character has. Take notes of those you can and cannot punish and any setup you may or may not be able to pull off from those. Keep posting and speaking with these guys. They are awesome(yes even the assessssssssss).

From there, play, play, play, learn, learn, learn. I try to use every character so its easy to blow them up. I think its a must if you don't have a group of people to test with besides.....(ducks)..online.