What's new

Need some advice

Hi everyone,hope you've all been having a good christmas. I know I have.

Anyway I just joined the site but have been playing mortal kombat casully for a number of years.

I need help. I do not mean to sound pretentious but I feel I have reached the point where independant practicing against the AI or a non-controled (not quite sure how to say it so I just inverted that word) opponent will do me no good.

I know that the best way to get better is to play better people but all of my friends don't play it as seriously or as well (again not wanting to blow my own trumpet) as I do.

I do not own an xbox360 so sadly I cannot play UMK3 on xboxlive.

What do you suggest that I do? Sorry for the long post.

P.S. This post isn't to say i'm any good, just better then my friends.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yeah, Kaillera is pretty much the only way to go then, and that isn't particularly good. :-/

And playing the computer is pretty much worthless. All you can really do is practice combos, but not actual strategy.

I think your screwed unless you get XBlive.

Its not like you can go to an arcade and play against other good people, for obvious reasons. Live is definetly the way to go. Why can't you get it? No money, slow connection, parents won't let you(if thats how old you are), X reason?

I don't have an xbox360 nor do I plan on getting one.

I'll probably wait for the PS3 as that's where the other fighting games are going, virtua fighter 5, tekken 6 etc.

I don't really have enough money for 2 next generation consoles

Is killera really that bad? Why?

dreemernj

Ambassador
For what it is, Kaillera is actually great. It's free software that has created an online gaming community. But, fighting games require such a high level of precision to play, it's difficult to not suffer from the lag, choppiness, and button loss that you encounter on Kaillera. From what I can tell, the usual quality of gameplay on XBL is equal to or better than the best you can get on Kaillera, and you don't get that quality on Kaillera very often.

And 360 will be getting VF5, maybe Tekken 6 will make it 360 next if the trend of lost-exclusives continues. ;-)