What's new

Question need help with pokeing

hey guys i was wondering if you can help me out with pokeing and interupting some attacks with sub-zero i tried d4 and d1 it doesint do me no good what would be the best moves to poke and interupt with

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
D4 is all sub has really. His d3 is OKAY to throw into the rush down part of your game, but his best poke is d4 for sure. Just don't abuse it or you will get crossed up and combo'd in the face. NEVER USE d1. Its at disadvantage on hit, just don't use it. The key to poking our of pressure is reads and knowing the other character's strings. This is a pretty broad question that can't really warrant an acute, specific answer. Learning how to poke is really about match up experience and knowing frame data. Do you have any specific matchups you're wondering about?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
You must not be using his d4 correctly. It is indeed not his fastest poke, but it is claimed that he has the best d4 in the game (I don't know if this is true). If it does land, you can dash your way in and start pressuring away. The d4 is not meant to be used to win a poking war.

d3 is a very good poke for Sub-Zero, actually. It helps him when he's under pressure and can really throw the opponent off.

His d1...don't bother with it. beef_supreme already worded it best, so I won't bother explaining why.