What's new

Question - Liu Kang need help with Liu Kang's safe and go-to strings

BKV2

BloodRayne for MK1
So i started maining liu kang and I have some pretty good Bnb's and meter combos but im still puzzled on implementing it in an actual game. what strings are safe on block if there are any ? People have told me f213 was safe but I usually get punished. what should be my go to string ? whenever I try 113 I usually get uppercutted. how should I be playing liu kang ? im using dragon fist variation btw

i usually do f213 and end it with his elbow special which i believe is safe and is good pressure. Are you getting uppercutted during the 113 string or once u complete it?

BKV2

BloodRayne for MK1
i usually do f213 and end it with his elbow special which i believe is safe and is good pressure. Are you getting uppercutted during the 113 string or once u complete it?
Yeah I just started doing that and its really safe. My main problem is just inputting the combos though like there's only a certain circumstance where I can do it right. for example if i b2 you ill run and go into the f44 string easily, however i kinda have trouble doing the f44 string any other time. its like I just choke or something lol. I also feel like i cant stop people after their strings the poke works sometimes for me but is there no way I can punish with one of my strings or something. Im on the xbox one so if you wanna help that'd be fucking amazing

BKV2

BloodRayne for MK1
i was good at mk9 but now i dont think fighting games are for me. there's certain simple things im expected to do thatmy fingers just aren't comfortable with like liu kang's f21 frame trap i just cant do that. im also getting beat out by people that just constantly poke me like what the heck ? i really dont know anymore

5M0K3

Grandmaster
i was good at mk9 but now i dont think fighting games are for me. there's certain simple things im expected to do thatmy fingers just aren't comfortable with like liu kang's f21 frame trap i just cant do that. im also getting beat out by people that just constantly poke me like what the heck ? i really dont know anymore
Sometimes you just need to switch character

BKV2

BloodRayne for MK1
Sometimes you just need to switch character
i was supposed to main johnny but they screwed him up. Liu is the only person I can be competitive with the thing is with the matches I lose I know I could win if my fingers just wasn't so slow or awkward with kombos midscreen like f44 or if the run feature wasn't in because it messes me up big time