What's new

Question Need help playing against Grundy

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Hey.

I always get blown up online by Grundy players. I can't seem to find a way to get out of his grabs after a knockdown. I try to wakeup, poke, dash but nothing seems to work. He just eats it (armor) and grabs me for a 25%+ combo. Also his Super, how can I escape it? People just dash around like madmen and grab me, I can't dash back fast enough. I have close to no MU experience against him and I lose almost every match against him. I play Green Arrow and Green Lantern.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Hey.

I always get blown up online by Grundy players. I can't seem to find a way to get out of his grabs after a knockdown. I try to wakeup, poke, dash but nothing seems to work. He just eats it (armor) and grabs me for a 25%+ combo. Also his Super, how can I escape it? People just dash around like madmen and grab me, I can't dash back fast enough. I have close to no MU experience against him and I lose almost every match against him. I play Green Arrow and Green Lantern.
You can b3 MB.
Or neutral jump 2 into a full combo

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Alright, for his WC (Walking Corpse) the move that has 3 hits of armor, you can avoid the grab completely if you use a move that alters your hurt box. The only example I can think of off the top of my head is Grundy's own F+1,3. If you have a string that lets your character jump or spin, or turn around, or whatever, that's an alter (I think it's altering, I don't really know the word at the moment to describe it.)

Now the super, if you're in the corner you're kinda fucked. But here's a strategy to it, if he jumps over you anticipating your jump, you dash under him and get the fuck away till it runs out, he can't dash in his super state so one dash and you're outta there. It's a 50/50 guess so guess correctly. If he just throws it out, just run away as far back as you can.

Green Lantern's mini gun blows up Grundy's WC for free by the way, abuse that and the MB for it mid screen, it's safe too, you should never give Grundy a reason to throw it out mid screen randomly.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Alright, for his WC (Walking Corpse) the move that has 3 hits of armor, you can avoid the grab completely if you use a move that alters your hurt box. The only example I can think of off the top of my head is Grundy's own F+1,3. If you have a string that lets your character jump or spin, or turn around, or whatever, that's an alter (I think it's altering, I don't really know the word at the moment to describe it.)

Now the super, if you're in the corner you're kinda fucked. But here's a strategy to it, if he jumps over you anticipating your jump, you dash under him and get the fuck away till it runs out, he can't dash in his super state so one dash and you're outta there. It's a 50/50 guess so guess correctly. If he just throws it out, just run away as far back as you can.

Green Lantern's mini gun blows up Grundy's WC for free by the way, abuse that and the MB for it mid screen, it's safe too, you should never give Grundy a reason to throw it out mid screen randomly.
That super is really dumb, he gets a ridiculous speed boost while hes in it right? Can't Grundy cancel his WC into different moves though? He seems like a really tough MU, I need to play against a lot of Grundys before I can get out of his stuff. Thanks for the minigun tip though, I'll be sure to pick Lantern against Grundy next time.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
That super is really dumb, he gets a ridiculous speed boost while hes in it right? Can't Grundy cancel his WC into different moves though? He seems like a really tough MU, I need to play against a lot of Grundys before I can get out of his stuff. Thanks for the minigun tip though, I'll be sure to pick Lantern against Grundy next time.
Make sure you ask THTB for more GL Vs Grundy match up. He actually plays/mains GL.

I actually don't know about Grundy's super that much, I seldom use it. So I can't tell you about the speed boost thing.

Grundy can cancel his WC, that's it. He can't cancel it into other things but he can do a string/special move AFTER his cancel, but he has a recovery period inbetween the cancel and him inputting a move, it also depends on when you start hitting him during the WCC that it becomes punishable. If you hit him early he has 3 armor on it, if you hit him when he cancels he has nothing on it. I'll add you on live so we can play later.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Make sure you ask THTB for more GL Vs Grundy match up. He actually plays/mains GL.

I actually don't know about Grundy's super that much, I seldom use it. So I can't tell you about the speed boost thing.

Grundy can cancel his WC, that's it. He can't cancel it into other things but he can do a string/special move AFTER his cancel, but he has a recovery period inbetween the cancel and him inputting a move, it also depends on when you start hitting him during the WCC that it becomes punishable. If you hit him early he has 3 armor on it, if you hit him when he cancels he has nothing on it. I'll add you on live so we can play later.
Thanks. I really want to learn how to play against Grundy, I'm tired of constantly getting bodied by Grundy players. Just played one before I made the thread, asked him how I can escape the grabs and super, he replied with...

Glad there's people on this forum who can actually give good advice instead of... that.
I need to grind this MU out with you until I feel comfortable facing against random online Grundys.