What's new

Question - Quan Chi Need button inputs for vortex

Ravosa

Wild Card
I saw the tournament footage of PL getting caught in the vortex and my friend mains quan chi and wants to learn it. I don't know what the inputs are from the video. Sorry if this is clutter, I'll remove this post when somebody replies with the inputs. Thanks guys.

mfkaoz

Banned
After your starter into trance just summon bat, standing 3, send low bat (down+L2/LT) and immediately do b2. Not that hard at all.

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity
But that was pre-patch right? Now with the delayed resummon can you still do it? i havent tried it, i usualy the normal 50/50 setup

The delayed re-summon just means you have a 1-2ish second cool down (as you've probably noticed). I'm pretty sure the vortex still works like mfkaoz said, since you have ample time to summon after the trance.

Ravosa

Wild Card
I thought I saw a post saying something like D3 into either B3 starter or B2 starter. He was also doing some NJP stuff in the vortex with the low bat.

xAnnunaki

tethysocean
There's serval ways to end or start the vortex. I usually go trance,puggles,D3,low bat, B2 and on read go into trance or exrune.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
No one is answering the OP's question lol. He doesn't know the inputs to the vortex, as in the combos/set ups themselves, and is asking what they are. Not "do the setup and the 50/50".

Just spoke with shujinkydink, here's what he had to say on the vortex inputs,

" Low bat, b2 trance. Then either low bat , njp, 4 trance. Or 3, low bat b2 trance. Rinse and repeat"

Hope this helps OP, I had trouble with it too until he mentioned this.

Aramonde

Noob
So your friend saw the match but cant figure out how to do it just by looking at it? Its not like its a 13 combo or something.

xAnnunaki

tethysocean
This may sound noobish but how and where do I go to get the variation symbol under my avatar?

Never mind, I find it. ..haha!

Ravosa

Wild Card
So your friend saw the match but cant figure out how to do it just by looking at it? Its not like its a 13 combo or something.
No, I saw it. He didn't. And I had never touched quan chi before. I got it down now though took literally 5 minutes in the lab. Feels kinda broken sometimes.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
No, I saw it. He didn't. And I had never touched quan chi before. I got it down now though took literally 5 minutes in the lab. Feels kinda broken sometimes.
It is broken until you release a well timed backdash beats the njp option for full punish lol. You have to hold the standing resets though. But with some practice blocking it's not so hard. It's almost always low/oh. People would rather bitch about it then go in the lab and practice blocking it

Ravosa

Wild Card
It is broken until you release a well timed backdash beats the njp option for full punish lol. You have to hold the standing resets though. But with some practice blocking it's not so hard. It's almost always low/oh. People would rather bitch about it then go in the lab and practice blocking it
Yeah, now that my friend knows it I've had to record it in the lab to be able to get out of it. If somebodys not familiar with it though it's an easy win. Hard to adapt to if you've never seen it before.