What's new

Video/Tutorial - Necromancer Necromancer optimized combos and oki

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Hey everyone!

I've been delving into this variation a lot lately and I've found some stuff that I haven't seen discussed. It's nothing super advanced, but some basic tools. It's all down in this video:

If you prefer reading, here's a breakdown.

* I no longer do the optimal d2 combos. I find I drop them too much so I go for 1-2% less with 112 ender that are a lot easier.
F4, db2 EX third hit, dash, NJP, rc, 112 (ender) - 27-28%
112, df4 EX, njp, walk forward 112 (ender) - 34%
112, df4 EX, njp, dash, 1, 112 (ender) - 35% (sideswitch)
b3, f22, df4 EX, njp, rc, 112 (ender) - 34-35%

* For enders I go for either the grab (df4) or HS (db2).
- HS guarantees a flick check if they don't delay their wake up (tech roll or not). They can't jump, backdash, etc, they have to block the flick (free 2% and some meter). When they start delaying their wakeup you can whiff flick for free, building some bar and still get the check on max delayed wakeup. If they max delay their wakeup you can go for the unblockable db1 which is only escapable by forward dashing or jumping forward.
- grab allows for run up 312 flick check. It's safe and has no gaps. It does 4% chip (current build) and gives ~1/3 of a bar. If they get hit you can confirm into shoulder. If they delay the wakeup the string is long enough to force them to block either way. You can also end at 312 (-7) or go in to HS without gaps.

Hope this was of some use. Take care.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Wow, this is pretty cool.

I'll be trying out some necro today and I'll put these combos in my game, good job.

I'm salivating at the mouth at how awesome this tech is and that it needs to be more exposed to our community. Another well done video, man.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I approve of all this. A flick check from full screen means your opponent is now vulnerable to db1's lol. I like all the Shinnok work you're putting in.

Also, does 312xxFlick work? Like is it safe I mean? I'm too shook to use it in a match.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I approve of all this. A flick check from full screen means your opponent is now vulnerable to db1's lol. I like all the Shinnok work you're putting in.

Also, does 312xxFlick work? Like is it safe I mean? I'm too shook to use it in a match.
It's -8 with some pushback. I heard amulet is safe(ish) in beta though (more pushback)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So the combos you provided aren't actually optimal because they do less damage, they're just easier. MsMiharo pls :DOGE God I hope they actually buff this variation properly, making the unblockable slightly faster makes no difference :|
EDIT: I forgot flick isn't actually safe but -8, 312 isn't safe either but -7. #buffnecro
Yeah those aren't safe lol.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
So the combos you provided aren't actually optimal because they do less damage, they're just easier. MsMiharo pls :DOGE God I hope they actually buff this variation properly, making the unblockable slightly faster makes no difference :|

Yeah those aren't safe lol.
Yeah I clarified in the video that they're optimal in the sense that they're easy and do pretty high damage, but yeah I should've worded it better. I blame it on English being my third language #thestruggleisreal

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah I clarified in the video that they're optimal in the sense that they're easy and do pretty high damage, but yeah I should've worded it better. I blame it on English being my third language #thestruggleisreal
It's cool, while I was in the lab testing these out and seeing if I could optimise them any further I actually found you can convert from a raw grounded uppercut in the corner and messed about with conversions from that lol.