What's new

NCR2016 Registration is Live

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
www.norcalregionals.com

MARCH 25 TO 27 - SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA

Plan Your Gaming Agenda
Main Events

Street Fighter V, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U., Guilty Gear Xrd, and Mortal Kombat X.

Community Choice Games

Chosen by players like yourself, each year NorCal Regionals plays host to a wide variety of Community Choice Side Games. Ensure your game of choice is at NCR, by registering for your game of choice today.

Exhibitions

Always a highlight at NCR, exhibitions will be announced soon!

After Hours Gaming Room
(Open Friday and Saturday from 12AM- 4 AM)

Ready to play all night? Then NCR's After Hours Gaming Room is where you'll want to be. Outfitted with full gaming setups for after hours practice and competitive grudge matches.

(Someone has already added a Rock, Paper, Scissors side tournament. Register for that soon before it gets full!)

Last edited:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Oh wow NCR recognizing a NRS game?

What a crazy world we live in.
I've heard this notion before, but this being only my second major, I'm not sure what the issue was in the past. What happened at previous NCRs with NRS games?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I've heard this notion before, but this being only my second major, I'm not sure what the issue was in the past. What happened at previous NCRs with NRS games?
Absolutely nothing.

For anyone reading this and thinking of going to NCR, you should only go if you're planning on entering multiple games(preferably SF or Mahvel). If all you do is play MK then it's best to not go, the TOs don't give a flying fuck about it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I've personally had a really bad experience with the one NCR I went to.

The TOs are infamous for disliking the NRS scene, not sure why. I mean NCR 2013 was the weekend after Injustice came out, and rather than choosing to be the FIRST Injustice major, they decided not to run it for no reason. I literally ran a bracket in a hotel room instead.

They also just treated us like garbage. They put the MK9 players in a separate room with no space, DQd people playing SF at the same time (I was DQd from SF for playing in MK9, and Chris G was DQd from MK9 for playing SF)

When we got down to top 4 which was on stream on Sunday, they wouldn't even tell us what time it was, they just told us to check their website (which the time for MK9 wasn't even on)

I think this is the first time since April 2013 that they've had an NRS game as a main game too. I mean, I totally encourage everyone to go out and support the scene as much as possible, but I won't be spending money to travel to NCR again after how they treated us.