What's new

Name & Shame the Cable Pullers :)

Agilaz

It has begun
Yeah, I'm pretty salty about now.

Since the Kombat League began, people quickly figured out they could save their points if they're on the verge of losing, simply by disconnecting their ethernet cable or otherwise severing the connection between the console and the internet.

This has cost me and apparently plenty of other people many, many points, effectively denying us the higher tier rewards of the league through cheating.

Since NRS cannot or will not fix this, I have decided to open this thread and post every single username of people who do this. You are all of course allowed to contribute, but please make sure they're actually doing this. I'm not interested in people who just quit normally, or even mid-match. If you got your W, it's fine. If you didn't, that's when you post.

PS4

Rainydevil44
KINGSWAY_KING
(more to be added, cause believe me there are many)

A few points:

• Do NOT harass the people under any circumstances. This thread mainly exists to inform people on who to look out for.
  • I'm doing this cause I'm salty AF and I would have been in Demi God already if it wasn't for these imbeciles.
  • I will delete this thread once NRS actually does something about this.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Too many to count bro. There must be a “how to be lame” tutorial on some youtubers channel.

I guess I could kinda understand when you start getting deducted points. At least there is a motive behind it. I’m getting disconnected in kombatant where you don’t lose any points for losing lol. It’s just to be an asshole and deny points to the winner.

Agilaz

It has begun
What's the point of this if you can't decline people in ranked? You will not avoid those players, the "inform people on who to look out for" function of the thread does not exist.
You can occassionaly decline, I know the last guy I played who did this had a decline option. I know it's ping-based, but still, it can happen.

Other than that, a lot of this is catharsis. I'm not above admitting it.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I'll just change my name after I get exposed. Money ain't nothing but a thang. Just joking, but the disconnect glitch has been around forever. I'm not convinced they can do anything about it or they would have years ago.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I'll just change my name after I get exposed. Money ain't nothing but a thang. Just joking, but the disconnect glitch has been around forever. I'm not convinced they can do anything about it or they would have years ago.
Other games do though. Not a fighting game, but Rocket League has it sorted (I think). You still get your rewards, but I don’t know if the person DC’ing gets a loss. But hey, it’s better than what NRS does at least as you still get your points.

Lol 'Cable Pullers' is a great pejorative.
I've only had like two in grand masters, definitely more in the previous tiers.
I'll be gladly adding their names here when i run into more.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
As much as I really enjoy playing this game, it's obvious that it's pretty cobbled together in a lot of ways. What surprises me is that KL was delayed multiple times and still has issues like this.

D

Deleted member 35141

Feel bad for those people that get exposed that legitimately had their internet crap out, nrs just needs to fix this and show a disconnect % so we dont start witch hunts.
Lol who am I kidding NRS wont fix this and ill continue not playing it, theyd only fix it if it was in published review by like ign or gamespot.

Vagrant

Noob
PS4

Im_The_Tribute

On a match I was gonna rank up on. He waited for me to pick cass, then went with Jade and got bodied, then went with Geras and got bodied. He wasn't very good with either character. Kept trying to hit buttons after getting hit with d4 or on wake up. He pulled the cable on the last round after he woke up FBd.

Then he sent me a message that said "Irdc dude, Im dealin w shit rn so I left"

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
We all know we can't prevent them cheating and can't decline anyone below 150ms at start of the match but this thread is still a good thing ultimately. The more promotion on this specific problem the better.

My problems with Kombat League Season of Blood is the following:

Lag Switches:

Players who tank your connection so they can make punishable move unpunished. This is achieved by using multiple devices on your shitty WiFi connection or by using programs that increase ping and ultimately ruin the rollback netcode.
Note: many players don't understand that when Rollback is functioning properly it turns 10f 7+3static into 3f delay that is constant. But rollback has its ups and Downs. On bad connections (mostly WiFi) it fluctuates far too much for the netcode to accurately rollback. But when its a stable connection the gameplay is generally constant 3f delay.

WiFi Connections:
We should be able to choose Wired/WiFi before playing sets in KL.

Ability to Decline:
As it stands currently we can only decline ping above 150ms. I feel this should change. What they should do is allow anything above 100ms to be declined but hide Win/Loss and % from opponents view so players won't decline based on stats. That way players can choose to decline unstable or potentially laggy connections.

No penalty for disconnected matches:
As this thread states players can have perfect records and easily climb up the leaderboards by unplugging at fatality screen after they lose. They lose no points and there is no record it even happened. This needs to go!

The point system in KL:
Its a joke, after making it to grandmaster its exponentially harder to climb the ranks to Elder God because the point system is unjust. You are not only playing people in your Rank you are playing all ranks and if you lose to a lower tier its incredibly outif your favor win or loss.

Rewards are lackluster past champion:
Anything above the bottom 3 ranks only gives you time crystals which are basically useless. Maybe this can be made more rewarding. This is fine if they fix everything else.

FT2 Sets:
You don't have much tine to adapt to your opponents in Kombat League. I understand some think FT5 is too long but why not have the option for all players? Add the ability to choose FT2/FT3/FT5 before searching opponents.

If all of this was fixed I feel Kombat League would be perfect especially if they add Shang Tsung skins as rewards.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Feel bad for those people that get exposed that legitimately had their internet crap out, nrs just needs to fix this and show a disconnect % so we dont start witch hunts.
Lol who am I kidding NRS wont fix this and ill continue not playing it, theyd only fix it if it was in published review by like ign or gamespot.
That's the thing, everyones circumstances are a lot more varying then we realize. Unless there's a mic, there's not enough evidence that every single player is trying to be malicious. I usually give people benefit of the doubt. Hell even when I get a t bagger, for the sake of my own ego I assume they are trying to input a fatality or mercy (Regardless if its clearly a t bag). Players read in to each other too often, that's why its so easy to get tilted.