What's new

Name 3 TYM members who you'd want to main the same character as you, and 1 that you wouldn't.

coolwhip

Noob
Cage IMO

Man this is tough

Off top of my head top 10 if all specials were removed

1. Cage
2. Kang
3. Kit
4. Kenshi
5. Mileena
6. Baraka
7. Sonya
8. Lao
9. Smoke
10. Sub
11. NW

That was really hard and I'm not too happy w it
Does Sonya's military stance count as a special move? That would change things...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
He wouldn't have nut punch tho :p, so I would have to go with maybe Liu kang because he would still have his ABC combos. Most characters need special moves in their combos but liu doesn't
Jax would still have his corner combos and half his midscreen pressure, + jk~throw if throw counts :)

coolwhip

Noob
Jax would still have his corner combos and half his midscreen pressure, + jk~throw if throw counts :)
No corner reset though, or any sort of zoning, gnp set-ups on knockdown. Plus the F4 string would still whiff on low hitboxes. He'd still be decent though. We need to determine whether air throws are counted as special moves.

No corner reset though, or any sort of zoning, gnp set-ups on knockdown. Plus the F4 string would still whiff on low hitboxes. He'd still be decent though. We need to determine whether air throws are counted as special moves.
I am assuming cyrax still has a command grab and his ridiculous d4, so he would still do well. Also noob saibot would be one of the worst lmao.

coolwhip

Noob
I am assuming cyrax still has a command grab and his ridiculous d4, so he would still do well. Also noob saibot would be one of the worst lmao.
Yeah, that's a very good point. @Pig Of The Hut Cyrax should be top 5 on your list. D4 + pressure/command throw mix-up, and all things considered, he would do decent damage with his 212 string off of a jump in punch on hit. It does more damage than most strings in the game. Sigh...Cyrax, still broke.

Also I am cool with all the drama because it is staying within the game and not on a personal lvl. I want to see pop offs, blow ups, and etc. I am hoping mkx has ridiculous rivalries and drama because that creates hype.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
No corner reset though, or any sort of zoning, gnp set-ups on knockdown. Plus the F4 string would still whiff on low hitboxes.
Well, no one else would have zoning or resets either without specials, so that doesn't matter much. He'd still be sitting very well compared to a lot of other special-removed chars.

coolwhip

Noob
Well, no one else would have zoning or resets either without specials, so that doesn't matter much. He'd still be sitting very well compared to a lot of other special-removed chars.
My preliminary top 7 in no particular order is Cage, Liu Kang, Cyrax, Kitana, Jax, Smoke and Sonya (military stance shouldn't be considered a special move, though we do need a ruling about air throws).

E

Eldriken

Yeah good point, Liu would have the best damage in the game, which would make him ridiculous since B3 becomes a ridiculous cunter-poke (it already is), and his pressure is scary as it is. Plus, his big hitbox wouldn't be as big of an issue in many match-ups. MIT's prophecy about Liu Kang would finally come true :p
Was "cunter-poke" intentional? lol

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
Dja best NW hold dat
I loved watching his NW play. his win was very impressive. I concede
Dja is a very smart player on the up n up

-illuminati approved
I really appreciate this opinion of me guys glad Ican put a show on. Also honestly I wish I could of attended tournaments earlier but than again I had no way so I missed the 2/3 majors here including mlg Anaheim which I registered for But got bodied by my ride. Fly Idk if you watched the first ilab but I played slayer,satsui,nubs,and basically supes that day if you want to check it out. I've been kind of the shadow in the nightwing community. also I'd like to apologize to fly for ever thinking that his online nightwing performance I've saw is the same as his offline. When I went offline I could actually react to stuff and be viably "fundamental" offline. I'm just going to let results talk for me instead of my mouth lol. I hope I can continue impressing. Hopefully at scr if it happens I can do well.

Last edited:
Piglett...you know I gotta hype this up...
But on a serious note, ive never crossed you. If anything you changed up but who gives. Fuck feelings! KILLUMINATI is very real.

Blind duckhead...prove it at KIT

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I really appreciate this opinion of me guys glad Ican put a show on. Also honestly I wish I could of attended tournmanents earlier but than again I had no way so I missed the 2/3 majors here including mlg Anaheim which I registered for But got bodied by my ride. Fly Idk if you watched the first ilab but I played slayer,satsui,nubs,and basically supes that day if you want to check it out. I've been kind of the shadow in the nightwing community. also I'd like to apologize to fly for ever thinking that his online nightwing performance I've saw is the same as his offline. When I went offline I could actually react to stuff and be viably "fundamental" offline. I'm just going to let results talk for me instead of my mouth lol. I hope I can continue impressing. Hopefully at scr if it happens I can do well.
its night and day different to me online vs offline. Apology accepted and keep playing at a high level...that is something many NW players don't know anything about.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Piglett...you know I gotta hype this up...
But on a serious note, ive never crossed you. If anything you changed up but who gives. Fuck feelings! KILLUMINATI is very real.

Blind duckhead...prove it at KIT
Lol okay. I can't believe how delusional you are. Like you seriously think you have any chance of beating me?