What's new

n00b here

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
hey guys! new member here and looking to frequent this board as much as possible.

a little bit about me..(this will be a long intro)

I've been a fan of the MK games since the start and have played the following:

MK - MK4/Gold
MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero
MK9
MKX

I didn't play many of the console versions after Gold, mainly because I had moved away from them and just started playing PC games. It's been that way ever since, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

I came close to buying a console back when MK9 came out, seeing as how it was a reboot of all the klassics in a modern era. I held out, hoping it would come out for PC and it did.

I started playing MK9 late last year up until April of this year when MKX came out. Both games are so different to me, as everything I once knew about combos and juggling from past games went out the window. I had to learn a completely new style of play, but I must say it's been a rewarding experience so far.

While I only have a Steam account, the thought of buying a PS4 or XBOX ONE for this game has crossed my mind due to poor netcode for PC, but if I do decide to bite the bullet, I will wait for a Komplete Edition of the game. I have found that when I used a PS4 to try the game online, I only had one match where the session had ended prematurely. All other matches were virtually lag-free. I have heard netcode still sucks regardless of platform, but to see so many game lobbies full on the PS4 version of the game, it sucks the PC isn't the same. :(

Anyway, I'm excited for new content to be released, but wish NRS and WB would fix the netcode. I'm glad support will be alive until KP2 is released. I just hope the game isn't dead before then.

My mains are Kitana and Ermac. I haven't played enough of anyone else to really be able to master them. Feel free to add me on Steam (name is in profile), and look forward to chatting with you all!

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Welcome to the land of knowledge, trolls, and KHAOS! Enjoy your stay and please, don't feed the trolls. They bite.

Who are your mains for MKX and who did you main in MK9?

evolution07

lol don't worry. if I feed the trolls it will all be with smiles :p we know they hate that

I main Kitana and Ermac in MKX.

MK9 I didn't get enough play to main anyone because MKX was around the corner, but I did become pretty good with Sonya and Rain.

I wish MKX had the ability to play folks on consoles like the new SF will, but maybe when Hell freezes over...

True Grave

lol don't worry. if I feed the trolls it will all be with smiles :p we know they hate that

MK9 I didn't get enough play to main anyone because MKX was around the corner, but I did become pretty good with Sonya and Rain.

I wish MKX had the ability to play folks on consoles like the new SF will, but maybe when Hell freezes over...
Good attitude. You'll need it here in this toxic wasteland called TYM.

Both are great characters in MKX. Keep it up.

MK9>MKX lol.

I heard that it may happen but it's more than unlikely to occur. Kind of wish they went with the Fallout 4 direction and allowed XB1 and PC to cross paths. However, I don't it will because of how far behind PC is to the consoles.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast

I reckon you got some trainin' with trolls in steam forum, welcome to tym habibi:D

evolution07

I heard that it may happen but it's more than unlikely to occur. Kind of wish they went with the Fallout 4 direction and allowed XB1 and PC to cross paths. However, I don't it will because of how far behind PC is to the consoles.
that would be cool seeing as how XBOX and PC are the same platform.

are the game lobbies on XBOX pretty full like the PS4? a friend says XBOX is better than PS4 due to corporate reliability...

evolution07

I reckon you got some trainin' with trolls in steam forum, welcome to tym habibi:D
LOL oh the amount of hate there is laughable. It's no different than YouTube or Facebook. I've been around it long enough to just SMH and put trolls in their place.

True Grave

that would be cool seeing as how XBOX and PC are the same platform.

are the game lobbies on XBOX pretty full like the PS4? a friend says XBOX is better than PS4 due to corporate reliability...
Sometimes yes, other times no. Depends on the time and day, but you can always find a match. If not there then ask someone here for games. Also, after owning both systems, I'd say Xbox One is better for online IMO as opposed to PS4. Although PS4 I believe runs better for offline.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Nice one on the informative intro :) Only two questions for you, where are you from and do you keep up with the MKX comics?

evolution07

Nice one on the informative intro :) Only two questions for you, where are you from and do you keep up with the MKX comics?
I'm from the Bay Area over in Cali. I don't follow the comics as I only found out not long ago they exist lol guess I should get on those