What's new

Mysterious Kombat League Delayed a Week

So you know that icon for something called "The Kombat League" that pops up whenever you go to play MK11 online? The countdown timer had us set to find out what that was today, but it appears to have been reset to go live "In 7 Days".

^There's a screenshot. The reason for the delay and what the Kombat League even is about is up in the air, NRS hasn't said a word about it (beyond a brief acknowledgement on the last Kombat Kast). Some speculation on a stream Mustard was doing is the delay might be so this happens when Shang Tsung releases. But who knows? We certainly won't for another week. But once we get word, you can be sure we'll let y'all know what's up.

Comments

I'm beginning to think stuff like this is going to be why NRS has said they are " going to support MK11 a lot longer than they have other games."

Not because they want to.. but because it is so chock full of shit that should have been done upon release they have to continually support this game to fix all the major issues.

I can tell you what's the worst. Being entitled to the point even something that was given to you as a bonus makes you write bombastic shit on the internet just to get your ego stroked from people like you. And here is a hint: It's not just you, dude.
"Given as a bonus" I paid 60€ for this game. Nothing from it is a bonus. You kissing ass certainly doesn't help with holding NRS accountable for their shit.

I can tell you what's the worst. Being entitled to the point even something that was given to you as a bonus makes you write bombastic shit on the internet just to get your ego stroked from people like you. And here is a hint: It's not just you, dude.
i think we've seen enough shilling, its not entitlement we all paid full price for a full game and got 65% of one and some paid for a dlc pack of which we have only seen 1 character. 2 modes were literally broken at release, the competitive balance is a joke, and a competitive mode that should have been in at launch keeps getting pushed back with no explanation. there is no excuse for any of this, if NRS is going to be this irresponsible with their IP they deserve some complaints, people kissing ass doesnt help these problems get fixed at all

Ehhh wot?

There’s a very easy way to deal with this. Make an organized effort to boycott their online service until they start communicating better. It has worked with other games.

Everyone: NRS, and all other game developers, should take care of their employees better.

Everyone still: #$% @#$%*#! Why don't they hurry up and release all the content already!

They already confirmed that the league is coming in last week's Kombat Cast. It's on its way! I'd rather a delayed product than a broken, not-ready-for-prime-time one.

When did say they were gonna support this game for a long time. What they meant was everything is gonna take longer to get done.

Everyone: NRS, and all other game developers, should take care of their employees better.

Everyone still: #$% @#$%*#! Why don't they hurry up and release all the content already!

They already confirmed that the league is coming in last week's Kombat Cast. It's on its way! I'd rather a delayed product than a broken, not-ready-for-prime-time one.
I knew shit like this was gonna happen when those "stories" came out. Y'all wanted their employees to have better work conditions, now u will have to wait longer for EVERYTHING! You're welcome.....muthafuckas.....

"Given as a bonus" I paid 60€ for this game. Nothing from it is a bonus. You kissing ass certainly doesn't help with holding NRS accountable for their shit.
Yes it is a bonus, because they never actually announced it before launch. So they could've not add that mode at all as well. None of us knew about it until we got the game.

i think we've seen enough shilling, its not entitlement we all paid full price for a full game and got 65% of one and some paid for a dlc pack of which we have only seen 1 character. 2 modes were literally broken at release, the competitive balance is a joke, and a competitive mode that should have been in at launch keeps getting pushed back with no explanation. there is no excuse for any of this, if NRS is going to be this irresponsible with their IP they deserve some complaints, people kissing ass doesnt help these problems get fixed at all
LMAO 65%? Did you ever play SFV, Tekken 7, SC6 or MVCI at launch? NRS/WB gave as a fully fledged game with a full story mode, 3 Arcade modes, 2 Survivor modes, 24 character roster with one need to be unlocked, a full customization mode with tones of options, and so much more. No other fighting game company gives so much content in their games, let alone every 2 years. Also, several top players like REO already said that MK11 is actually super balanced and we can clearly see it in the very few Top 8's we had so far. And the only mode that had issues with was the TOT's and only because of the difficulty, and they fixed in less then 2 days, while it took Capcom 2 years to fix their Survival mode in SFV along with all of the incomplete shit in SFV. And MVCI is still an incomplete game to the point that their DLC lineup ended up being a mess. And we shouldn't had that mode at launch, even if there was no delay, we wouldn't get it at launch anyway, It would've probably taken at least a month regardless. Tekken 7 had it's players to wait like 3-5 months between each DLC character, MK11 is not even 2 months old and we are about to get Shang Tsung next week, after we used to get a DLC character almost every month in MKX and IJ2, or even several at once.

All I'm doing is stating the facts. You guys just stroking each other's ego, because you are so afraid that someone will blow you up, because the "cool" guys here just wanna have fun at the expense of NRS, and if you don't go their way, they will blow you up too. Because the competitive NRS community, just like others said here, has become a lot more entitlement over the years, and it's a well known fact.

Oh we can't enter an online mode that we don't 110% know for sure what is it gonna be like that they never talked about before the launch of the game? You have already all the online modes you need that we had for years now and we were fine with them so far, while some games like SC6 give like less then 50% of of them.

That is entitlement.

That's what you don't wanna hear, but that is the truth, and you know it.

Last edited:
I knew shit like this was gonna happen when those "stories" came out. Y'all wanted their employees to have better work conditions, now u will have to wait longer for EVERYTHING! You're welcome.....muthafuckas.....
You are right that these are just "stories" and nothing more, but do you really want them to purposly work faster even if it will truly be not good just to get what, one online mode faster?

Again, entitlement.

Luckily, since they haven't even announced what the fuck Kombat League even is, I forgot it was even supposed to be today. Their lack of communication is actually helping soften the blow of their lack of communication.
It's not a lack of communication, it's just a delay for something that is just a bonus.

I'm losing interest in this game fast. Not because of the gameplay or anything, but because of being fucked around by NRS on numerous issues. Haven't touched the game in almost a week.

Hopefully they get their shit together like they were before.

NO kidding!!!! How ridiculous of people to buy something for 60.00 and ask that its features function as advertised and its content be accessible in a stated time frame.........
Or even its re-stated time frame.

NO kidding!!!! How ridiculous of people to buy something for 60.00 and ask that its features function as advertised and its content be accessible in a stated time frame.........
Or even its re-stated time frame.
Except that this particular part was never advertised, that's the point. Invalid joke detected.

Not sure what's more pathetic; the non-existent communication, or the dick-riding.
I can give you two better options: Being entitled yourself, or riding on the entitlement dicks of others just to feel like you're a part of "something", and that "something" is not pretty.

If you consider the fact that the countdown exists solely to communicate the beginning of the Kombat League, and it counts down for 30 straight days only to be reset for the 2nd time, that's not even a lack of communication, it's just lying.

Plus they said on the last Kast there would be "more information on the Kombat League coming soon", so any intelligent person would assume that means before the countdown hits 0 and the mode is released; it wasn't implied at all that it might be delayed.

I remember people saying months back that the marketing for MK11 was just fine, even though they have been tight lipped about EVERYTHING since the beginning and we only get key information at the last minute if at all.

I dont have issues with waiting for content, but at the very least communicate and be honest.

NRS is not some infallible company and I'm glad we've been treated to this wake up call. Hopefully they get their shit together and make a fun game.

Except that this particular part was never advertised, that's the point. Invalid joke detected.

I can give you two better options: Being entitled yourself, or riding on the entitlement dicks of others just to feel like you're a part of "something", and that "something" is not pretty.
Imagine having the corporate boot this far down your throat. Pathetic.

It’s a part of their product, that’s fact. They let the countdown run down to 0 multiple times and then just reset it, without letting fans know what is going on at all. That is called lying, with a false release date put on a feature in their game that they just don’t acknowledge or adhere to and reset it whenever it reaches 0.

It’s okay, keep licking NRS soles and I’m sure they’ll give you the KP2 for free. Kek.

Hmmmm. Bad reading skills cheif. I said content be accessible in its stated time frame not just what was advertised.

By the way technically this shit was advertised. The second I launched the game for the first time and accessed the online menu AT THE VERY TOP of the menu there was this big box. BIGGER THAN ALL THE OTHERS (kinda like they really wanted me to see it.......... almost like an.... Advertisement?

Yea and it had a countdown too!

And that countdown has now been reset twice. LMAO

You are right that these are just "stories" and nothing more, but do you really want them to purposly work faster even if it will truly be not good just to get what, one online mode faster?

Again, entitlement.

It's not a lack of communication, it's just a delay for something that is just a bonus.
Sad you view what is a core feature in any game today as a "bonus". Oh ranked systems that aren't archaic and actually rewarding, eh, that's a nice "bonus". Stockholm syndrome hard at work here.