What's new

My Video Guides (Please Critique)

(replaced)

This is my first attempt at a video guide. It's simply a teaser of what's to come if I receive mildly positive feedback. So yeah, please tell me what's good or bad so far and if you want me to finish it/make more. I'm aware that Hanzo has made several of these; however, I'm trying to gear mine more towards people with very little experience with the particular character (like people who have just picked up them up and aren't sure what to do).

New version:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=FYzniDRo638

The only thing I think you should do is make the basic combos a little less basic. Also take out his moves. Other wise I like what I see.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Nice presentation, good music choice. As far as specific Kano combos/strategy, make sure to include more damage and extensions. He's got a lot more potential with his popups and has some of the easiest corner combos in the game. Keep plugging away, looks great.

Looks promising, I like that you included things like running forward then cannonballing. I think that's more important than just showing combos.

Houzi

Noob
Yeah, strategy tips are always good. Like the longest sweeps, I didn't know that shit. Now I do, and the running cannon ball. Keep putting more strategies and the combos are good but you can make them easy in the beginning then get more advanced farther into the video you get. I LIKE, Keep it Up!!!!!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Best tips:

Dont use SNES, use arcade version of UMK3, preferrably Rv 1.2.

Yes, you need to pratice/learn how to do more higher damaging combos. This is a site for competetive MK, and these combos are very basic and are of entry level difficulty.

I'm trying to gear mine more towards people with very little experience with the particular character (like people who have just picked up them up and aren't sure what to do).
Tim Static said:
Yes, you need to pratice/learn how to do more higher damaging combos. This is a site for competetive MK, and these combos are very basic and are of entry level difficulty.
Tim, its a starter guide.

Fusionized, its great, start with the basics and take your time creating a quality video, good luck.

ZAQ

Noob
Aside from getting right what you are trying to teach ppl, I don't think you really need music in it. If you do put it in, make it quieter and in the background so the people watching it are focusing on the game.

Make the text larger and available for longer.
But you would be better off wording it better so that it is less text to read.

Tim, its a starter guide.

Fusionized, its great, start with the basics and take your time creating a quality video, good luck.
Granted it's a beginner guide, but adding an airthrow to a jump kick isn't all that difficult, and doing his 4 hit instead of 3 hit isn't really anything beyond a starter level either.

Hopefully when the ful vid is created it will cover all aspects though

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Granted it's a beginner guide, but adding an airthrow to a jump kick isn't all that difficult, and doing his 4 hit instead of 3 hit isn't really anything beyond a starter level either.

Hopefully when the ful vid is created it will cover all aspects though
3 hit (knee starter) is better in rushdown, which should also be included. The 4 hit should only be used off a JP starter.

Very good idea. Alot of text though, you'll have to reduce that to the minimum. And the combos, while are basic, need to be the highest percentage of basic combos. For instance the one you used (Kano pop-up to JK) can easily add a walk in HP before the JK. And the sweep in the corner should be a HK even for players new to the game.

Sheisse hit the nail on the head, imo remove the music entirely. The text was too fast. The combos were too easy. DreamCatcher is 100% correct, the fact that the four hit should almost never be used kind of hurts the entire video.

Sheisse hit the nail on the head, imo remove the music entirely. The text was too fast. The combos were too easy. DreamCatcher is 100% correct, the fact that the four hit should almost never be used kind of hurts the entire video.
Understood, the demo that I put out was very messy/rushed, but I will make sure to greatly improve on it for the next release.

I'm taking everyone's comments into consideration and I will shortly release a much more revised version. Thanks for all your suggestions and support.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Fusionized, if you are dedicated in getting some guides made, talk with me and ded_ sometime, we can provide you with the footage and some wording, and you can make the guides if you'd like. We've never really had the time to collaborate on it.

Fusionized, if you are dedicated in getting some guides made, talk with me and ded_ sometime, we can provide you with the footage and some wording, and you can make the guides if you'd like. We've never really had the time to collaborate on it.
That would be great; how should I get in contact with both of you?

MaDWaK

Noob
yea it looks pretty good to me. maybe make the text a bit more visible. and a little larger. and try to get a hold of the arcade version of umk3.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You can message me on AIM, I mentioned it in passing to ded_ last night but we'll see what happens.

How come you only have the 3hit hp combo, use the 4 hit one instead. If you do a 3 hit one use the hk starter one and explain what situations it's better to use in.