What's new

My UMK3 Reptile Tattoo

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
As some of you know, I have been wanting a Reptile tattoo for quite some time, even before MK9 was released. I finally figured out which version to use for the tattoo, and booked the tattoo appointment about 5 months ago (this was the time slot to work with the artist I wanted to work with). Yesterday, the day finally came and the tattoo turned out better than I could have imagined. It is right above my ankle and goes to a few inches below my knee, making it about a foot tall. The Reptile tattoo and the MK logo tattoo are a few inches apart, making them a perfect tie in for a leg sleeve eventually. You can see how close it is to the MK logo tattoo in the 2nd picture. Here are a few pictures at different angles and different lighting.

The detail put into this tattoo is amazing. The skin tones, the shading, the background shading, the shading within the green, etc. Its definitely my favorite tattoo.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. All of my friends kept telling me just to go to a recommended shop in town they had went to in the past, but I knew if I did that, the tattoo might turn out bad. I thought even if it turned out okay, it would not be as good as it would be if I waited. I am now so glad I waited. I will never go to another artist again.

Anyone who wants the artists info, PM me and I will be glad to send it to you. He works at a famous shop in Atlanta.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
fair enough man.
So what's next?

I am thinking about Green Lantern or Sinestro on the other leg and doing one leg sleeve MK theme and one leg sleeve DC theme, but time will tell really. I definitely want another MK3 era character, maybe Nightwolf. I got a really cool Sub Zero idea too, its a render of Sub Zero that was featured on a GameFan magazine cover in 1997. Its always been a favorite render of mine ever since I bought the magazine in 1997. Here is the render:

So, I have a few options in mind, but like I said, only time will tell.

I love MK too but damn.
Yeah, but its more than just a "like" for me. Its always been a part of my life in some way or another. I grew up with it being my favorite game from the time I was 9 years old and on. The MK3 era was definitely my favorite, hence the tattoo. This is my 3rd MK tattoo, and is not even close to being my last. I also have DC Comic tattoos, such as the Green Lantern logo, the Sinestro logo, the Orange Lantern logo, Batman logos, Riddler logo, and plan on getting many more.

I look at it like this....If I ever think a tattoo is something I might regret, I will wait a few years, and if I still want the tattoo, I get it. I wanted this Reptile tattoo when I was 19. Ten years later, I still wanted it, so I got it. I know I don't have to justify what I get on my skin to anyone else, but I just thought I would give some insight on why I got this tattoo. To be honest, I am very excited to get more MK and DC related tattoos.