What's new

My ultimate Top Tier prediction

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Kabal, Kenshi, Shang Tsung, Skarlet, Cyrax, Smoke.
I predict these characters to dominate MK9 once there appear more than 4 dedicated players to these characters that attend every tournament. The characters will be omnipresent in all top 8.
Reasoning:
Kabal - the Flash of the MK9, has excellent and safe zoning, has excellent and safe rush-down.
Kenshi - has the best zoning in the game, has enough armor to deal with pressure, + 8 frame spirit charge.
Shang Tsung - when people start realizing the power of soulsteal, Shang will be enlightened on his godliness. Also his up-close game is better than Jax's.
Skarlet - dash set-ups make her pressure game A-game. And her en-dash - the best en-move in the game (once I said it was Kabal's en-dash, but this is my ultimate choise) if mastered will destroy any zoner and rush-down player.
Cyrax - if not for the massive damage, + unbreakable damage and anti-breaker set-ups, he wouldn't have been here.
Smoke - same as Cyrax, if not for his rest he'd be out.
These are your gods and goddess of MK9. Others are mere mortals. Be enlightened.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This communities obsession with tiers/tier lists really is troubling. I think we need a tier list rehab for all of you guys, your addiction has gotten out of control.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
This communities obsession with tiers/tier lists really is troubling. I think we need a tier list rehab for all of you guys, your addiction has gotten out of control.
This is not a tier list. The other characters don't matter. This is the Olympus of MK9. These are the gods. There are only 6 and the rest.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
He doesn't have an answer for heavy zoning. +11 and command grab are good though.
50/50 with command grab
Great pokes ( his d4 is +16 on hit), great normals
Insane damage with meter, acceptable without(not including ghost bomb 'resets')
Screen control
Not sure about corner game

He's pretty messed up.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I think its just Cowboy doing good with Shang, not Shang himself. But i also think Shang is underrated in MK community. ;)
Not only Cowboy, Detroit won a tournament when he played him. There's another Shang player that did well, can't remember his name now. But, Shang, like Skarlet and Kabal, is hard to play because you need to know your game when you're morphed. Maybe this is why we see less Shangs in tournament.

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
Not only Cowboy, Detroit won a tournament when he played him. There's another Shang player that did well, can't remember his name now. But, Shang, like Skarlet and Kabal, is hard to play because you need to know your game when you're morphed. Maybe this is why we see less Shangs in tournament.
Ye, i know but that was times ago, when community were too young. :) The other guy is Astronaut, as i remember.
Ye, Shang is definitely the hardest character in the game if u make ur game SS-based etc. But as he takes huge learning curve, it doesnt make him more effective. Not like Kabal or Cyrax, thats for sure, imao.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Ye, i know but that was times ago, when community were too young. :) The other guy is Astronaut, as i remember.
Ye, Shang is definitely the hardest character in the game if u make ur game SS-based etc. But as he takes huge learning curve, it doesnt make him more effective. Not like Kabal or Cyrax, thats for sure, imao.
Besides SS Shang has pressure, wake-up set-ups, counter-zoning. But SS having +30% and the psychological advantage of mirror match is his best tool.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
top tiers= oh hey, this dude did well, let me tell everyone that this dudes character is obviously top tier and underrated.

maybe subzero is top 10 too? brady always did more than well...

i wish people would just play the game and not talk about how good certain characters are just by mentally copy-pasting everything top players say about them.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
top tiers= oh hey, this dude did well, let me tell everyone that this dudes character is obviously top tier and underrated.

maybe subzero is top 10 too? brady always did more than well...

i wish people would just play the game and not talk about how good certain characters are just by mentally copy-pasting everything top players say about them.
I always said Sub-Zero is mid-tier at best, I always said Shang and Skarlet have the potential to be top tier and always said Cyrax and Smoke are good only because of their resets. This is just stating my ultimate prediction. It never changed and it will never change. This is how it is and how it's going to be.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I always said Sub-Zero is mid-tier at best, I always said Shang and Skarlet have the potential to be top tier and always said Cyrax and Smoke are good only because of their resets. This is just stating my ultimate prediction. It never changed and it will never change. This is how it is and how it's going to be.
this is not towards you specifically, everyone overrates characters and tries to make a top X while being prisoners of the moment. my point was that if youre only gonna voice your opinion on a char when its inspired by a victory won by an exceptional player and NOT character then it does scream out " ha i told you so"

again, this is toward 99% of people are prisoners of the moment.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
this is not towards you specifically, everyone overrates characters and tries to make a top X while being prisoners of the moment. my point was that if youre only gonna voice your opinion on a char when its inspired by a victory won by an exceptional player and NOT character then it does scream out " ha i told you so"

again, this is toward 99% of people are prisoners of the moment.
Again, no prisoner of the moment stuff. Just today I got convinced in what I had in mind for some time. Pick one of the gods and you will prevail!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Again, no prisoner of the moment stuff. Just today I got convinced in what I had in mind for some time. Pick one of the gods and you will prevail!
not according to the thread you just posted.

woundcowboy is top tier, not shang bang

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
not according to the thread you just posted.

woundcowboy is top tier, not shang bang
What do you mean? Did I post this thread when Detroit won a tournament 1,5 years ago? Or when Cowboy got 2nd his first time? Or when Astronaut was bodying averybody in freeplay? No. Today I felt was the day. And there are no player references in my original post.