What's new

My Top 5 Favorite Videos MK9/Non-MK9 From My YouTube Career

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
I figured I would do a thread up AK GamerBlake style. He recently posted his Top 5 videos from his YouTube in a thread, so I went through my videos and decided to do the same thing, with a Top 5 of my MK9 videos and a Top 5 of non-MK9 videos. Here are my Top 5 MK9 videos.

#1 - Tag & Reset Combo Compilation "Flawless Victory" - This is by far my favorite video that I made during my Mortal Kombat 9 videos. I put more time into making this video than any other MK9 video that I made.

#2 - Ultimate Kombat Exhibition, All Star Edition - To me, this is almost a tie with my #1 video, but they all can't be #1, so here is #2. I randomly had the idea to start making this type of video and its popularity was much more than I expected. So, I made more of them. This was my last one, which included over half the MK9 cast, and in my opinion is the best exhibition of MK9 ever made into a video. I play both characters, basically using both controllers at the same time, which is not easy.

#3 - Kitana & Freddy Tag Team Combo Compilation - After making MK9 videos for a while, I realized a very unlikely tag team sometimes makes the best combo videos. That is definitely the case here with Kitana and Freddy. Some of the combos I came up with using these 2 use amazing meter building in the middle of the combos as you can see.

#4 - Kabal & Kratos Tag Team Combo Compilation - Yet another unlikely tag team that makes a great combo video. And yet another really fun video to make since before this, I did not really use Kratos that much (as he was banned from tournaments). For some reason I always really liked doing tag combo videos.

#5 - Skarlet & Sub Zero Combo Compilation "Blood & Ice" - With this particular tag team video, I did random select in tag mode and I said to myself, whichever characters get chosen, that is the combo video I will be making. It just happened to randomly pick Sub Zero and Skarlet, and yet again, another weird tag team that makes for great combos.

When it comes to my favorite non-MK9 videos, my Top 5 favorite videos would have to be...

#1 - Killer Instinct Combo Compilation (SNES, Not MAME) - This is easily my favorite non-MK9 video. It might even be my favorite video period. A lot of time and work was put into this. I had to really dig deep in my brain to remember all of these combos from my SNES Killer Instinct days.

#2 - MK2 Throw Glitch Fatality / Babailty Video - This was something I discovered by accident one day when playing the SNES version of MK2. Me and my friend both went for the air throw with Scorpion for the win, and I thought I got it, so I instantly did the finisher, and boom, I found the glitch. It was pretty much the first version of a Hara-Kiri where your opponent could actually do a finisher if done correctly.

#3 - Sonic 4 Untouchable Trophy Guide - This was just a fun video to make over all. You had to pass the entire final level without getting hit ONCE, which was not an easy task. I finally did this though and posted the video to show how it could be done, because at the time, a lot of people were complaining saying it was an impossible trophy to get. If you think thats a hard trophy to get, you should try getting the "Mr. Perfect" trophy for Mega Man 10. To get it, you have to beat Mega Man 10, the entire game without getting hit ONCE. Thats a tough one.

#4 - Injustice: Gods Among Us "Will vs Fire" Fight Exhibition - The last 2 of my favorite non MK9 videos have to be my most recent Injustice videos, this one being my Green Lantern vs Scorpion fight exhibition video. This is yet another video that I made where I play as both characters, like the MK9 fight exhibition videos. I basically have to play both controllers at the same time, just as said above for the MK9 fight exhibition.

#5 - Injustice: Gods Among Us Catwoman Combo Compilation - This is my most recent Injustice video and probably my favorite so far besides that "Will vs Fire" video.

Other guys who run YouTube channels should post their Top 5, it would make a cool thread.

Last edited:

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
AK TylerLantern

Decided to take a page from my book, eh? ;)

Of the ten you listed, you picked two of my personal favorites that I watch repeatedly on your channel. Needless to say, your own YouTube talents served as a guide for me to build upon my own work, alongside other combo artists. It goes without saying that you've redefined what it truly means to explore and understand the game when it comes to the combo system.

Speaking of which, there's a certain project we never got around to collaborating on yet. :(

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
AK TylerLantern

Decided to take a page from my book, eh? ;)

Of the ten you listed, you picked two of my personal favorites that I watch repeatedly on your channel. Needless to say, your own YouTube talents served as a guide for me to build upon my own work, alongside other combo artists. It goes without saying that you've redefined what it truly means to explore and understand the game when it comes to the combo system.

Speaking of which, there's a certain project we never got around to collaborating on yet. :(
Thanks Blake, very much appreciated! We totally need to do a collab video. I am actually finishing up my MK9 Nightwolf video in a few days that me and L0rd of the FLY worked on together that was meant to be posted over a year ago lol.

Last edited: