What's new

My Tier List So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I’ve won all my games with her too. Doesn’t make her good. Did any of your ranked opponents flawless block the 2nd hit of b22? Did they actually get hit by her overheads? Think about the players you’re taking wins from, and weigh Frosts best tools objectively to see what I mean.
twice I have been flawless blocked and yes they have been hit by my overheads. and I have faced people level 70 high w/l ratio who know what they are doing and still beat them. maybe it's because I just read people's moves easily? You really can't go by the best khar and automatically win i guess. too many variables :p

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
This should have been posted to twitter. We specifically stated we don’t want tier list on this forums it’s way too early and it causes way too much bullshit. REO posted his on twitter/YouTube it’s not a product of tym. So if you want to bring that up as a counter argument don’t. Neither you or Reo or anyone else has the matchup experience to make a compete tier list there for it is trash. Everyone’s is. Sorry not sorry but this needs to be closed. @Eldriken about to drive shortly just stopped to put this here

You can post your list in your status, discuss it there.

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
If people play the Skarlet MU correctly they're mostly going to be forcing you to play footsies so they can either make jump kick reads or whiff punish. The parry mind games aren't even relevant a good chunk of the time.
You said she was bad because of flawless block. I only brought up parry as one way she could counter flawless blocks. Are you saying her footsies are bad? Her normals are godlike.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Not really, every option he has from his f4 series is unsafe and has a counter. His pressure is similar to Stunt Double Johnny from MKX. Lots of conditioning tools, but every one has counterplay.
Do this for me and come back with confidence saying this.

Get a piece of tin foil and cover up the slot interface.

Record these 4 things and randomize playback.

F43u3
F43~parry
F43~low fireball
F43~ex fireball

React to these options 100% of the time 10 times in a row in practice mode.

Chernyy Volk

This should have been posted to twitter. We specifically stated we don’t want tier list on this forums it’s way too early and it causes way too much bullshit. REO posted his on twitter/YouTube it’s not a product of tym. So if you want to bring that up as a counter argument don’t. Neither you or Reo or anyone else has the matchup experience to make a compete tier list there for it is trash. Everyone’s is. Sorry not sorry but this needs to be closed. @Eldriken about to drive shortly just stopped to put this here

You can post your list in your status, discuss it there.
This kind of thing invalidates the point of sites like TYM. Like, why bother?

Wrath0594

twice I have been flawless blocked and yes they have been hit by my overheads. and I have faced people level 70 high w/l ratio who know what they are doing and still beat them. maybe it's because I just read people's moves easily? You really can't go by the best khar and automatically win i guess. too many variables :p
Anyone who gets hit by a frost overhead isn’t good enough to be an indicator of character strength. They had no idea what they were doing. The overheads literally only come out as later hits in strings that don’t have mixups.

So like me, you were better than your opponents and got wins. That’s great. Frost is still bad.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Anyone who gets hit by a frost overhead isn’t good enough to be an indicator of character strength. They had no idea what they were doing. The overheads literally only come out as later hits in strings that don’t have mixups.

So like me, you were better than your opponents and got wins. That’s great. Frost is still bad.
well I wouldn't say winning by 1-30 percent health better but KoolKool

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Liu Kang is a walking block infinite that constantly forces you into a 25/25/25/25. Pretty easy to beat people with that on deck against anyone who isn't at the absolute top skill wise.
yep ... but Scorpion is not much better than this ... online, people are just using runaway tactics, being full screen and teleporting in the air by reaction, waiting for you to come and try any simple move .... or just spamming that annoying 2 50/50 strings Scorpions has, completing/linking with that rotating chain move ..... love Scorpion as character, but once again, he seems that just was made to please people that has difficult with the game .... being easy to pick and to be abused online, hehe :D

x TeeJay o

This kind of thing invalidates the point of sites like TYM. Like, why bother?
Because it makes no sense? NOBODY can make a tier list this early it’s stupid. They are based off MUs. None of us have played the required amount of time to even think about a tier list. That doesn’t invalidate shit it actually makes us look better by not having tier lists everywhere like twitter. It’s foolish and ignorant and come to think of it, didn’t most of the tym hate bandwagon come from ppl saying the site makes too many tier list and trash tier list come from here? I beg to differ. I never said you couldn’t post it on the site, I said post it on your status. Have the headache on your status and not in our threads. In the words of the great DJT

Chernyy Volk

yep ... but Scorpion is not much better than this ... online, people are just using runaway tactics, being full screen and teleporting in the air by reaction, waiting for you to come and try any simple move .... or just spamming that annoying 2 50/50 strings Scorpions has, completing/linking with that rotating chain move ..... love Scorpion as character, but once again, he seems that just was made to please people that has difficult with the game .... being easy to pick and to be abused online, hehe :D
Scorpion is full combo punishable on reaction on every mix option beyond the block guess. Liu Kang requires you to take risks that involve you eating shit if you were wrong.

Chernyy Volk

Because it makes no sense? NOBODY can make a tier list this early it’s stupid. They are based off MUs. None of us have played the required amount of time to even think about a tier list. That doesn’t invalidate shit it actually makes us look better by not having tier lists everywhere like twitter. It’s foolish and ignorant and come to think of it, didn’t most of the tym hate bandwagon come from ppl saying the site makes too many tier list and trash tier list come from here? I beg to differ. I never said you couldn’t post it on the site, I said post it on your status. Have the headache on your status and not in our threads. In the words of the great DJT

I mean, I did say SO FAR, implying my opinion was tentative.

I personally like this discussion. I'm not one of the guys who bitches about that.

Chernyy Volk

Also this is a silly take btw if you aren't wave dashing. Scorpion cannot play keep away against the S tier wave dash characters at all.

Wrath0594

Do this for me and come back with confidence saying this.

Get a piece of tin foil and cover up the slot interface.

Record these 4 things and randomize playback.

F43u3
F43~parry
F43~low fireball
F43~ex fireball

React to these options 100% of the time 10 times in a row in practice mode.
If you’re that afriad of it, just block and reversal backdash whatever ender he uses for a free neutral reset. F4 has short range.

And the funny thing is that those options are all unsafe as I said. Just block low and wait. You’ve got so many fucking choices here. Standing 1 full combo, beats u3, loses to everything else. D3 to beat u3 or parry, lose to fireball which resets neutral and you’re out with small dmg. Block and wait, loses to u3 (but you have options after blocking an u3) but wins vs the 3 other options you mention because they’re all launch punishable.

How many options do you have vs Sub Zero?
Oh, right. Just the 2.

Liu also has f4 staggers and shaolin stance, but I don’t know why I need to do the counterplay work for casuals who are too lazy to do it themselves. If Liu Kang is so easy, go win a major tournament with him. You’ll literally be the first to do so. Or even just play him in ranked for a day. Let us know how it goes.

Chernyy Volk

If you’re that afriad of it, just block and reversal backdash whatever ender he uses for a free neutral reset. F4 has short range.

And the funny thing is that those options are all unsafe as I said. Just block low and wait. You’ve got so many fucking choices here. Standing 1 full combo, beats u3, loses to everything else. D3 to beat u3 or parry, lose to fireball which resets neutral and you’re out with small dmg. Block and wait, loses to u3 (but you have options after blocking an u3) but wins vs the 3 other options you mention because they’re all launch punishable.

How many options do you have vs Sub Zero?
Oh, right. Just the 2.

Liu also has f4 staggers and shaolin stance, but I don’t know why I need to do the counterplay work for casuals who are too lazy to do it themselves. If Liu Kang is so easy, go win a major tournament with him. You’ll literally be the first to do so.
Wow you actually don't know anything here.

You CAN'T BACKDASH F4 after blocking f43. Most characters in this game can't shimmy Liu due to the range of f4. Liu Kang literally locks you in place until you bet your life and guess right.

Wrath0594

Oh yeah and keep in mind Kang can also just f43 into back throw which loops back into the f43 vortex lol
And what does his other throw do? Puts you full screen! So you only have to tech one option! What do Sub Zeros throws do? Or Geras’? They leave you point blank. You people are ridiculous.

Chernyy Volk

And what does his other throw do? Puts you full screen! So you only have to tech one option! What do Sub Zeros throws do? Or Geras’? They leave you point blank. You people are ridiculous.
< Only character in the game with a double KB on his throw for teching wrong.

Wrath0594

Wow you actually don't know anything here.

You CAN'T BACKDASH F4 after blocking f43. Most characters in this game can't shimmy Liu due to the range of f4. Liu Kang literally locks you in place until you bet your life and guess right.
It’s -7. Just use your eyes and take your turn. D1, start a string, backdash, jump in, jump out.
And how are you betting “your life?” He only gets 220 by using one bar off bike kick.

I rest my case, this thread is a magnet for casuals to vent excuses for their losses and I’m done here.

I can’t do any more of the work for you, I’m sorry. You’re guna need to lab counterplay on your own at some point. I can only do so much hand holding.

Last edited:

Icefyre

Shadows
This thread should be closed simply because of who’s posting it lol. Remember when Manta was bad and Noob was top 5?

Hard to take this shit seriously when it comes from Chernyy, somebody please close this thread and move it to a thread status :confused:

x TeeJay o

I mean, I did say SO FAR, implying my opinion was tentative.

I personally like this discussion. I'm not one of the guys who bitches about that.
Then that’s what it should be, a DISCUSSION about who’s too strong, who feels alright, and who seems to need help. We don’t need to place them all in tiers because that legit takes months and in some cases at least a year

Status
Not open for further replies.