What's new

My take on the Hit Box

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Thanks Bro!!!

Well you could mix and match the graphics in there for all your games!!! The characters I have on the graphic are all characters that I play. I'll be probably doing another one with maybe a SFIV character, but I don't klnow yet because I have never played SFIV or Super... So I have yet to select a character ;). I didn't play it because I was retired ;). But obviously MK has brought me back out of it :D
Well that's a nice suggestion! It'll probably have Twisted Metal involved, although I'm a little minimalist for those things. I don't want it to look too filled! Yours looks freaking awesome. I love how you get to see the "Dark Kobra" name in the front. Looks so badass.

Anyway, back on topic. The layout for the actual Hitbox style does accomodate for SF or MK..... I believe Delriach posted a video on where to put the block button.

What type of arcade stick do you use at the moment??? The original Style with the Run button is for mainly MK3 and UMK3, although you could probably use the MK layout. Personally for me??? I'm going with the Hitbox style layout as it can be customizable to work on SF, MK, Blazblue (if thats your bag), Tekken, SCIV..... you can configure it for all..... IF you do an MK style, then although you could possibly use it, it would be difficult for the likes of SF, Tekken, SC if they are your type of games....

The only advice I can suggest is think about how your MK style will function in Street Fighter. Will all the buttons be easily accessable to you???
Well, to be honest, I don't play any other fighting game other than MK, and I plan to keep it this way. Reason is I've never been good at other fighters (specially tekken and street fighter) and I'm giving MK a big time. So I'm not really sure if it's a good idea to put the SF/HB layout. It looks much better for my fingers, but then again I only play MK.
This would be my first "stick" since I play on the ps3 kontroller and I'm needing it asap for instant air fans and such. I'm thinking PDP's MK layout that comes with the run button, since I'll be playing the klassic arkade kollection as well. I just don't know if the MK layout is THAT much better than SF's when playing MK as for making my hitbox so mk-exclusive.

In regards for artwork, let me know what backgrounds you like and I'll see if I can cook you up some kind of graphic!!!

Thanks for the complements bro!!! Almost ready to do the drilling for the buttons and to wire the thing up!!!!
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind, but first I need to see what the size of the image should be. And for that, I need to know what's a good size for the case, where to put the select, start and menu buttons. I' guessin my case will be made of wood, and I'll probably ask for 1 or 2 more. One with the SF layout in case I don't get used to it.
What PCB are you using btw?

aj1701

Noob
Looking good, Kobra!

Hey, would you people really suggest the MK layout over the SF one? I don't play any other fighting games, but I'm not sure if the mk layout convinces me, due to the fact that it's layout doesn't look as ergonomic as SF's or Hitbox's.

Also, any idea for artwork that looks cool with yellow buttons? Preferably MK related!
Mk layout is fine. You have your index over fp and fk, middle over block and ring over the rest. Works well.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Well that's a nice suggestion! It'll probably have Twisted Metal involved, although I'm a little minimalist for those things. I don't want it to look too filled! Yours looks freaking awesome. I love how you get to see the "Dark Kobra" name in the front. Looks so badass.

Well, to be honest, I don't play any other fighting game other than MK, and I plan to keep it this way. Reason is I've never been good at other fighters (specially tekken and street fighter) and I'm giving MK a big time. So I'm not really sure if it's a good idea to put the SF/HB layout. It looks much better for my fingers, but then again I only play MK.
This would be my first "stick" since I play on the ps3 kontroller and I'm needing it asap for instant air fans and such. I'm thinking PDP's MK layout that comes with the run button, since I'll be playing the klassic arkade kollection as well. I just don't know if the MK layout is THAT much better than SF's when playing MK as for making my hitbox so mk-exclusive.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind, but first I need to see what the size of the image should be. And for that, I need to know what's a good size for the case, where to put the select, start and menu buttons. I' guessin my case will be made of wood, and I'll probably ask for 1 or 2 more. One with the SF layout in case I don't get used to it.
What PCB are you using btw?
The PCB I'm using is the Cthulu PS3/PC Pcb.... Seems pretty straight forward really, by screwing in the wires.

If you want to, I can send you a mock template that someone has done. It is 12" x 6" which are the exact dimentions of the Hitbox™. If you have Photoshop or if you can get hold of a version or maybe know someone who has it, I can sent it you as the buttons are layed out, so to get the colours, all I did was filled the button graphics in with a colour to see if it would match the background.. I've played it safe with yellow for the directional buttons, red for the punches and white for the kicks.

The file is in PSD format, so when you open it in Photoshop, you can see all the layers. If you want to put your own graphics in there, you can just create a layer and do the graphics.

For a size, best just having a look t some of the sticks that are currently out there and deciding if they are too big, too small etc. My graphic is 14" x 7", But the standard for the Hitbox is 12 x 6. But if you want to make it more of a box size, can just re-size the image.

If I can be of any help man, just let me know and good luck with your project sir!!!

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
The PCB I'm using is the Cthulu PS3/PC Pcb.... Seems pretty straight forward really, by screwing in the wires.

If you want to, I can send you a mock template that someone has done. It is 12" x 6" which are the exact dimentions of the Hitbox™. If you have Photoshop or if you can get hold of a version or maybe know someone who has it, I can sent it you as the buttons are layed out, so to get the colours, all I did was filled the button graphics in with a colour to see if it would match the background.. I've played it safe with yellow for the directional buttons, red for the punches and white for the kicks.

The file is in PSD format, so when you open it in Photoshop, you can see all the layers. If you want to put your own graphics in there, you can just create a layer and do the graphics.

For a size, best just having a look t some of the sticks that are currently out there and deciding if they are too big, too small etc. My graphic is 14" x 7", But the standard for the Hitbox is 12 x 6. But if you want to make it more of a box size, can just re-size the image.

If I can be of any help man, just let me know and good luck with your project sir!!!
Sure! That would be really useful! I've got photoshop, so it's all good. Send it as private message or e-mail! ([email protected])

What about some pics of your progress? Thanks man! Very helpful :)

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Sure! That would be really useful! I've got photoshop, so it's all good. Send it as private message or e-mail! ([email protected])

What about some pics of your progress? Thanks man! Very helpful :)
I've just sent it to you mail sir ;) You should have it!!!

But dont use it as gospel for cutting out the buttons!! Although it is pretty accurate. If you want to get an idea on some other button layouts, you can download the diagrams from here....... http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/layout.html