What's new

My story to never take life for granted. What's yours?

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
What's up guys and gals. So this happened to me the other night and yes, I am 110% fine, except for the fact that I'm beating myself up a little bit over this since I could have done something. Anyways, on to the story.

I work in a gas station and before I begin, I had been robbed at knifepoint before, but that time it was from some group of kids who followed me. That was entirely my fault and I swore I'd never let it happen again. Basically this kid and his friends robbed me of my weed. Now that that's out of the way, here it is.

So I'm at my place of employment and I walk from behind the counter to go stock the cooler. As I do so, this guy comes in with a gun and demands all of my money. The store money, not my personal money. I begin to think that someone is playing some sick fucking joke on me and so I go to out my arm around his neck as if he were a friend of yours. He then put his left arm around my neck and I think he was trying to get me into a headlock, but I felt like he wasn't trying to be forceful. Not to mention that if you're robbing someone that you're going to be loud and intimidating. This guy clearly wasn't any of the above. Then I noticed that I was staring straight down the barrel of a gun. That's when the fear struck and I realized that he wasn't joking around.

I then proceed to the register to give him the money in my drawer. I managed to get the $20s, and $10s out easily, but I wasn't able to grab all of the $5s because there was a decent amount in the till. He then grabbed the rest of the $5s and $1s, and told Mr to open the safe.

Now we have two safes, but we only have the password to the one with change and petty cash like $5s and $1s. I told him that I didn't have the code. He then told me to get down on the floor. As I did, he stole a couple packs of cigarettes and said, "Don't move for five minutes". As soon as I heard him leave I hit the silent alarm and called the cops.

Now what bothers me the most is that when I went to out my arm around him, he didn't punch, kick, or do anything to harm me. Now mind you I have 10+ years of Tae Kwon Do training and I was born and raised around guns because my dad is a hunter. I could have easily taken this guy out and been the hero lol, but your whole attitude and reality changes when you're staring down the barrel of a gun. Although, I thought it could have been an airsoft gun once I got a really good look at the thing.

My point and case to this thread is to never take one second of your life for granted. Even tho I may beat myself up for a few days playing the incident out in my head and not taking action. I can say that I came out unscathed and with my life. Whereas people get injured and even killed over a few hundred dollars and some cigarettes. I don't have any PTS from the incident, but I can feel that something changed inside of me. I feel happier and I'm not taking anything that I do for granted in my life, ever. Not that I'm a sissy boy by any means, but time really does slow down and everything disappears when you're looking death right in the face.

This concludes my story of meeting death and moving forward. If anyone has any interesting stories like this and wish to share, please do so.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
past 24th i got ambushed by 7 kids with katanas, i managed to get out uncratched but i lost things in the value of 400$, and i'm sure TYM member know this by now, glad i'm alive and that i will be able to play MKX, glad you're alive too.

True Grave

past 24th i got ambushed by 7 kids with katanas, i managed to get out uncratched but i lost things in the value of 400$, and i'm sure TYM member know this by now, glad i'm alive and that i will be able to play MKX, glad you're alive too.
I forgot where I had read that, but I do remember you posting it. I couldn't imagine being jumped by several kids with Katanas. It's always better to give them what they want than risk your life over material possessions. It's just not worth it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I forgot where I had read that, but I do remember you posting it. I couldn't imagine being jumped by several kids with Katanas. It's always better to give them what they want than risk your life over material possessions. It's just not worth it.
True, all was replaced so i didn't mind much, i practiced MA in the past too, but i've been out of shape for years so i'm pretty sure my body can't handle a fight against 7 armed kids, the key of Wang You School to prepare for combat is having a developed physical body capable of taking and inflicting damage, my body is weak now, i'm sure it wound't be enough to arm those kids and take possession of the blades to gain control of the situation by making them having fear of me having a blade in my hands. I Though about it when i was against the wall while my things were being taken, and i realized i didn't had the power to fufill it, it would be a lost cause.

The only time i've fought when i got robbed it was when i felt my life was going to be taken, i had no choice, and i felt like if i didn't picked the right moment to fight back i would've died, i swallowed all the fear, got filled by determination and anger and my fear of death just disappeared, i'm sure if those 4 guys are still alive they will remember me forever, because i broke arms, injured spines and the first hit definitely blinded the right eye guy that tried to kill me, i punched him in straight in the eye with all my strengh.

The thing that pissed me off the most, is that everyone on that hood knew i was getting robbed, even the school guard who had a gun hid in the school shitting their pants in fear while i was getting robbed, when i gained control of the situation and was about to hit one of them with a bottle, 5 people from the hood showed up to stop me, but no one had courage to stop any of them, they were talking about how strong i was, blah blah blah, how i beat 4 guys unarmed, when i noticed that lots of people were actually watching i got more angered at them, than the thieves, it really pissed me off, Angolan people "Solidary people"...

But that is in the past too.

Now i look forward to the future, i need to stablish myself with a lot of things first in life before i go back to martial arts, i've been planning this for over a year, but i can't come back just yet.

True Grave

True, all was replaced so i didn't mind much, i practiced MA in the past too, but i've been out of shape for years so i'm pretty sure my body can't handle a fight against 7 armed kids, the key of Wang You School to prepare for combat is having a developed physical body capable of taking and inflicting damage, my body is weak now, i'm sure it wound't be enough to arm those kids and take possession of the blades to gain control of the situation by making them having fear of me having a blade in my hands. I Though about it when i was against the wall while my things were being taken, and i realized i didn't had the power to fufill it, it would be a lost cause.

The only time i've fought when i got robbed it was when i felt my life was going to be taken, i had no choice, and i felt like if i didn't picked the right moment to fight back i would've died, i swallowed all the fear, got filled by determination and anger and my fear of death just disappeared, i'm sure if those 4 guys are still alive they will remember me forever, because i broke arms, injured spines and the first hit definitely blinded the right eye guy that tried to kill me, i punched him in straight in the eye with all my strengh.

The thing that pissed me off the most, is that everyone on that hood knew i was getting robbed, even the school guard who had a gun hid in the school shitting their pants in fear while i was getting robbed, when i gained control of the situation and was about to hit one of them with a bottle, 5 people from the hood showed up to stop me, but no one had courage to stop any of them, they were talking about how strong i was, blah blah blah, how i beat 4 guys unarmed, when i noticed that lots of people were actually watching i got more angered at them, than the thieves, it really pissed me off, Angolan people "Solidary people"...

But that is in the past too.

Now i look forward to the future, i need to stablish myself with a lot of things first in life before i go back to martial arts, i've been planning this for over a year, but i can't come back just yet.
I agree man. I've always thought about what I'd do in that situation and after giving it much thought, my body did say fight. However, it was when I was staring the gun down that I was in fear of my life and decided to just give him what he wants. They don't pay me enough to play hero, but I had full control and lost it due to fear. That Shit fucking pisses me off.

I've never been one to be afraid of those things, but if I see a bee or wasp then I run like hell lol. Mostly because I'm allergic and don't want to die from being stung. I had always been a physically active person and my body shows it, but after being inactive for several years (Since I graduated High school in 2006) my body is weak. But my mind has grown very strong.

Now I'm at the point in my life where I need to get my body back to that higher frequency so that it can be on the same level as my brain.

Now you had mentioned that people were watching your incident go down yet noone did shit to help you out. That angers me because we've, or at least in America, grown to video tape and gossip about what is happening in front of our eyes than actually helping those in said situations.

I'm 26 and most of my generation refuses to act upon anything that requires effort. We need to start taking action and stop being such meek people by society. That's one thing that bothers me most about bullying. We're teaching our children to run and ask for help instead of standing their ground and becoming strong. Yes, sometimes it's better to run, but I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees any day.