What's new

My review of the PDP MKX Fightpad (PS4)

I've had the pad for a couple days now and tried it with Guilty Gear Xrd, IGAU, and DOA 5 LR. I'm primarily a stick player, but I don't happen to have one for the PS4 so this seemed like a better option since the DS4 dpad hurts like hell to use for any extended play session. For Injustice, I thought the pad wasn't good, I was having problems hitting combos that I can hit in my sleep with my TE stick as well as my DS4.

For Guilty Gear Xrd I absolutely loved it though. It was the best feeling in the world being able to actually do moves from both sides of the screen and being able to do combos that I've practiced for 10 hrs with no problem at all. The pdp d-pad really shined in Xrd for me, I'd probably keep it just for that since the DS4 makes Xrd literally unplayable for me. The only problem is in training mode where you can't reset position, so it makes learning a combos kind of a pain in the butt. For DOA 5, I have no complaints with it, it was comfortable to use and responsive.

there is no "fixing" it. signed-in profiles that use save data need to be assigned to a PS4 controller and have home button functionality. as far as the back button in practice if you turn on delayed pause in the gameplay options you can then double tap start to reset in practice.