What's new

My return to tournaments and Defend the North thoughts

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Curious to see what @Sabin has to say about the lag. Didn't he say on stream that he tested the stream setup for lag and didn't see any?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Also I showed up just to watch top 8. I came at noon and was going to stay for 3 hours. I told them that and they still made me pay 20 bucks to "spectate." That involved being hunched over a monitor, not being able to move because we were crammed in the corner for top 8 with NO room to do anything and no sound.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Also I showed up just to watch top 8. I came at noon and was going to stay for 3 hours. I told them that and they still made me pay 20 bucks to "spectate." That involved being hunched over a monitor, not being able to move because we were crammed in the corner for top 8 with NO room to do anything and no sound.
Didnt you pay a venue fee to enter the tournament. Why did they charge you an extra 20 to watch?

Indecisive

I just showed up on sunday to watch top 8, i wasn't in the tournament at all.
What im saying is you paid the Venue fee already. Why are they charging you again to watch the tournament. Shouldnt the money that you paid already. Im guessing the 40, cover the days you are there whether you are in the tournament or not?

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
What im saying is you paid the Venue fee already. Why are they charging you again to watch the tournament. Shouldnt the money that you paid already. Im guessing the 40, cover the days you are there whether you are in the tournament or not?
no the 40 is for those who are playing, spectators are a seperate entity, they got blue wrist bands, we got green

Indecisive

Now I see why Uncle Phil dropped 3 Scoop several times in a row. I'm glad no out of towners showed up. I couldn't imagine their frustration if someone who lives in the state had such a terrible experience.
Also Explains Why his WW looked Like he had never played her before.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Now I see why Uncle Phil dropped 3 Scoop several times in a row. I'm glad no out of towners showed up. I couldn't imagine their frustration if someone who lives in the state had such a terrible experience.
i traveled the furtherest from VA, and like i said, the NY scene made me feel at home and really made it worth it outside the actual tournament. REO, KDZ, Arma, Brady, Rico, 7L, Grr, g from the streets, nitti, Sabin, Min etc etc etc etc

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
i traveled the furtherest from VA, and like i said, the NY scene made me feel at home and really made it worth it outside the actual tournament. REO, KDZ, Arma, Brady, Rico, 7L, Grr, g from the streets, nitti, Sabin, Min etc etc etc etc
That's good, but I mean the actual tournament experience. Friends can make unfortunate circumstances much more bearable.

Reactions: REO

REO

Undead
mass and acceleration of an object determine the force it hits you with, not its density :)
Get trolled.

Free props to whoever can find the other four mistakes I made in my original post. Hint: They involve other subjects, so cross out Science.

Frothy is ahead of all of you by one point.

Wow it must have been bad for REO to be this unhappy about it. Ive been to lots of tournaments with him and usually he can always make the best of a less than perfect situation. I mean, he slept under a sink once and that didn't bother him.
LOL. I guess things change when you have a full-time job with a six hour commute and are in a relationship . You best believe free time to me is a very valuable thing. If I'm going to sacrifice a weekend for a tournament, it better be deliver.

So, are we at a point now where Tournaments have to change to keep players interested? In what ways should they be altered?
For starters:

- Having more set ups available that are not just for ten players.
- Stop placing stations at exit / entry points.
- Make sure systems have DLC and don't lag (we're paying $50 bucks a pop for christ's sake)
- Make sure there is sound or at least provide headsets (again, we're paying $50 bucks...)

The place stinking is whatever. I'll just bring a sars mask with me next time for just in case.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Hawkgirl won it, also lack of being provided internet for stream. Not being aloud to watch the kdz theo match due to them wanting everyone to back off. Dennys was packed.
The Fall Classic, not NEC. We had a good time at Fall Classic, and I have literally no complaints.