What's new

My PS4 Injustice: Gods Among Us Experience, pros & cons

This is just a simple overview of my experience so far with IGAU for PS4.

I bought the digital version of this game last Friday because I wanted a familiar game to play without having to constantly swap discs between this and some other games. The install didn't take very long and I was up and running in no time. What I notice right away was loading the game to a playable state was pretty fast, maybe a few seconds faster than loading up the Xbox version. Listed below are some of the pros and cons of this version.

Pros
  • Graphics- Textures and Graphics looks really nice on the PS4. The lines look smoother and the characters just look shinier. 1080p 60fps makes the game look buttery smooth. I put in the XBox and PS3 version and wanted to immediately turn it off after I got adjusted to playing on the PS4.
  • Online- The netcode seems pretty good so far. I've played about 40+ games online and 80 percent of the matches felt very fast. When you play on the PS3/Xbox version, you often have to adjust the timing on some of your combos because you expect that slight input lag and stuttering movements. I started playing on the PS4 with that in mind and immediately notice that the majority of my matches almost felt like I was playing offline. I think one of the reasons why it feels so good right now is the PS4 has only been released in US/Canada so my connections to people are all domestic. I can easily imagine the network feeling not so great once it hits other markets and you end up playing people overseas.
  • Controls- I really like the Dualshock 4. I played on stick and DS3/DS2 pads and found the transition to playing on a DS4 very easy. After a weekend with the DS4, the DS3/DS2 feels very small and uncomfortable once I picked it up again.
Cons
  • Price- Most people probably would not want to buy the game again after already buying the previous games and DLC. I really didn't want to either but notice I had 20 dollars of PSN credits which I know would sit there for a long time so I ended up buying this again for the third time. I think a fairer price for this game should have been 40 dollars.
  • Online- Even though the online feels pretty solid so far, the population is very low. Player Matches, KOTH, Ranked all requires quite a bit of time to find connections for obvious reasons. I'm sure this will increase in the next few weeks when the PS4 supply increases and the machine gets introduced to other regions.
  • Controls- I really liked the DS4 but I'm sure many people who enjoy playing on stick will not be interested until an Arcade Stick option is available for PS4.
  • Content- This is another con because there really anything worthwhile in terms of content. I haven't played the single player on this version since I already played it twice on previous consoles.
All in all, I hope this overview helps those who are on the fence about getting this version.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
As for the low player count online, if they make online Region locked like last gen, its complete suicide, R.I.P the servers

Another con is that sticks and custom sticks/hitboxes won't work on PS4 right?
I've only heard from other people that the sticks do not work. However, I haven't tested it for myself since I stopped playing IGAU with a stick. I will test it when I get home from work and try it with my PS3 Mad Catz TE and Hori WRAP sticks. I will let you know the outcome later.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
As for the low player count online, if they make online Region locked like last gen, its complete suicide, R.I.P the servers
if you want a bunch of laggy people filling up the game servers because they live on the other side of the earth, go play street fighter. or any capcom game

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yeah I got my PS4 yesterday and Injustice definitely looks better visually and runs extremely smooth. I didn't take my PS4 upstairs where my ASUS is yet, just had it on the lagmaster big screen, but it looked great. I bought Ultimate for PS3 so I was able to to the 10 dollar upgrade thing and I just ended up using the free 10 bucks that Sony gives with the system which was a total win. I really love the PS4 controller, but I am still getting used to it for Injustice. This definitely has more to do with me thinking about it being a different controller and really had nothing to do with the DS4 at all.

RiBBz22

If the attach rate is as low as it seems, it could be pretty doubtful it gets patched at all.
Yeah, hopefully they are able to hotfix it and work on it. I wouldn't think this would really be any different from fixing the Joker's red hood outfit when some of his costumes linked 32 and 21 to low canister and that one didn't. That was fixed like right away...

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I'm really liking how much more fluid the game feels. The controls seem way more responsive and online feels pretty smooth too. I also didn't feel like I really had to adjust to the DS4.

I hate that online is dead, and the randoms I've run into usually leave after 1 match, win or lose.

RiBBz22

I'm really liking how much more fluid the game feels. The controls seem way more responsive and online feels pretty smooth too. I also didn't feel like I really had to adjust to the DS4.

I hate that online is dead, and the randoms I've run into usually leave after 1 match, win or lose.
I will get in there soon and we can go HAM

It's a great release besides the low amount of players online and the sinestro d1+shackles not comboing issue. Ive also had some desynch issues which I never had on ps3. My psn is insertgirder if you ever want to play. I am pretty sure we've played already and I won a few close ones.
Yeah I remember us playing, it was fun. I'll send a friend invite later, I'm a very casual player but would like to play some longer sets. There is definitely some desync issues. But then again, those same issues occur on PSN and XBL as well. It's kind of ridiculous at times when you get that nice desync in a middle of a combo, we all have to thank NRS for that :mad:

Add me and maybe we can run some matches. I'm fairly average but at least it would be some decent practice.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Add me and maybe we can run some matches. I'm fairly average but at least it would be some decent practice.
I'm bad at the game, so it should be fine, and I'm also trying to learn NW and DD so I can have more characters to use cause all I used was DS. What's your PSN?

I'm bad at the game, so it should be fine, and I'm also trying to learn NW and DD so I can have more characters to use cause all I used was DS. What's your PSN?
My PSN is same as this handle. GTInfection. I play a few characters as well. My main is WW, but I've been trying to practice with Zatanna. I also play with CW, KF, DS. That's a variety of characters to mess around with.

I've only heard from other people that the sticks do not work. However, I haven't tested it for myself since I stopped playing IGAU with a stick. I will test it when I get home from work and try it with my PS3 Mad Catz TE and Hori WRAP sticks. I will let you know the outcome later.
it was also announced by sony that old sticks wont work

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
This game is useless to me until they either patch in arcade sticks or release an arcade stick on ps4. I'm not relearning this game on a pad.

AK Walker

Han shot first
If they fix the issues with the game then I'll pick it up on PS4. It would be nice to have everyone on one console.