What's new

General/Other - Kitana My Pre Game Breakdown: The Princess

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Kitana looks very elegant. But very dangerous. At first I thought she looked pretty weak but now that I watched @GGA 16 Bit play her I'm now satisfied.

She has 3 variants Royal, Assassin,and mournful.

Royal Storm
This variation Looks more zoning than the rest.

Assassin
They say its meant to be more rush down but IMO, it looks more offensive footsies oriented.(so I guess rush down ha)

Mournful
Though she has jades moves, I feel she'll play similar to her but since she has her own normals it looks more viable. Think variation look more set ups, pressure, and "zoning" based with boomerangs.

• Strings
-The "f21" esque move: good whiff punisher, it looks like an overhead but Derek blocked its low. With is unfortunate
-The flip after "f21": looks unsafe but has decent mix ups options. It can be canceled into her air moves(float, fans, ass) since "f21" looks like a whiff punisher and this looks like a decent meterless combo starter into 33%. Which will make her footsies game even stronger :)
- the "112" string: a simple easy and fast punisher for decent damage.
- her kick strings I didn't see 16 bit use them other than in combos but we'll see . though one of them launches.
- her JiP looks real good its has real good range. Looks like Ares j1 range.
- RIP D1. :'(

• Moves
- Fan Toss: looks faster than mk9 and hits mid( maybe it hit mileena out of low sai) of course its a combo extender. And can be done in the air, I haven't seen any iaFs but hope fully they are still strong.
- her DP: Looks fasts and a good anti air hopefully she can mb into fan toss for a combo.
- Float: looks decent for making air born moves safe and deceptive in the air game. But in the end I see it being exploited.
- Neck slice: looks decent in footsies hopefully its slightly unsafe or maybe like -6. But its mainly for combo a ender or EX for a wake ups. S/O to NRS for armor would've been useful for kenshi.
- Fan Lift: looks swag asF. But of course unsafe but at least it hits mid. Looks way better in Royal storm do to range. Her trade game will be insane.

- Ass(RS) : looks similar to MK9 with a little less range. But looks stronger in footsies it can be done super low to the ground and hopefully its like -5

- Refect(RS) : not sure how fast it is, but I hope its at least 6f. If recovery is good I'd use it for Meter building.

- Assassin Strike (ASN) : Looks Swag asf. But obviously unsafe, I'd use it for getting in And ending combos when sharpened.

- Sharpen (ASN) : increases damage and chip(I think) good after a Knockdown. That's all I know. Hopefully she has good plus frames

- Parry (ASN) : Looks pretty meh tbh. Unless its 1-3 frames, I'm not sold.

- Shadow kick (M) : Fast and has decent range, if like jades it will be good for getting in mid range and in the neutral. Ex should have armor.

- Staff Grab (M) : combo ender, range looks to gimp to be used in footsies.

- Boomerangs (M) : This will be the center of her Oki (I hope) and keeping pressure and mix ups going. Shell need to be very careful with meter for the ex versions. The air one looks pretty meh. I need to see the instant air one.

Gameplay speculation and other stuff:
- she looks pretty well rounded variation wise. Looks like she'll be footsies based again. Which is a good thing, unless she ends up like Catwoman, footsies character that gets fucked by footsies.
- her walk speed looks good too. But her jump looks floaty.
- her grabs look pretty generic. It looks more useful in RS since it puts you full screen.
- I wanna see more anti airs.
- sad to see cutter and d1 gone. But its a new game and more gimmicks will be found.
- I can't wait to start writing a guide for her.
- I don't think this game will be tech heavy like injustice, kind of sad but I get to work on my fundamentals.
- Can't wait to see her in tournament, hopefully I can travel and be good.

So I will be playing Mournful the most since it looks the weakest and the most challenging to use. It will probably also be the least used. I like challenges. But I will use all three but mournful will be my focus.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Nice write-up. Can't wait to lab it up with her. The only thing I'm left wondering is just how she'll go about pressuring. I need to see the frame data on those low pokes.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Nice write-up. Can't wait to lab it up with her. The only thing I'm left wondering is just how she'll go about pressuring. I need to see the frame data on those low pokes.
Well the good thing is she has armor this time around. I still wish she has a mk9 d1 esque move. The gave Cage his "f3" back. But I do with what we got.

MK Led

Umbasa
Well the good thing is she has armor this time around. I still wish she has a mk9 d1 esque move. The gave Cage his "f3" back. But I do with what we got.
RIPerino cutter and D1

But I am sooooo happy about the armour, my only question now is can you followup the up-fan move (or its EX) with an air fan toss... or even a kick then air fan.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
i wonder how kitana will deal with cassie's ex batarangs, s1 and trait cancel pressure

Last edited: