What's new

My NW please some nice tips

Spletty

Grandmaster
Yeah your right I got a desent offline scene no need to play cheating nerds online, once my internet platform is fixed Ill test online again, wont be any time soon, I play ranked to warm up and get used again to online, then I go to the chat rooms and type: challengeme pros only, thats all Iv lost to several good people, m2dave, khaotic, mr.mileena, rambat, hokeymaskkilla (even tho he abuses Ermacs lag tactics), I do not quit on them, just I wont donate wins to cheaters, so that PearlMoneky nerd can go die alone whit his programable turbocontroller, too bad he will never dare to go to an offline tournament because he knows he cant use that controller nor abuse lag tactics.
you remind me of a less intelligent arez.

Spletty

Grandmaster
you remind me of a guy I used to beat up in high school, whats your point...
lol everyone's a badass on the Internet.
My point is stop making fucking excuses and adapt. I don't give a fuck what kind of turbo, hacking, modded, rapid fire, super controller he was using, grow the fuck up and stop making excuses. You're so ignorant its unbelievable. You have no respect in this community solely because of the way you conduct yourself. Man up, tough guy.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
My point is stop making fucking excuses and adapt. I don't give a fuck what kind of turbo, hacking, modded, rapid fire, super controller he was using, grow the fuck up and stop making excuses. You're so ignorant its unbelievable. You have no respect in this community solely because of the way you conduct yourself. Man up, tough guy.
watch out dog,he gone beat you up

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
fine. advice for you, and your friend, from the great peachyO:

QUIT RAGE-QUITTING!! NO EXCUSES, EVER!! JUST STOP IT!! STOP IT!! there, with that out of the way...

for nightwolf:
1. quit spamming the shoulder charge!! it's extremely punishable if blocked, both the regular and the EN version can even be countered with a simple duck, uppercut before the second blow...no blocking required! yes your friend keeps falling for it, but against a good player you will not get far. use your hatchet for wake-ups instead of over-relying on the charge; it's fast, effective, and can lead to strong juggle combos;

2. quit using that combo so much!! you know, the dash, 1, dash, 1, dash, 1, etc. i see sooo many NW players use it; it's pointless. yes, it may be 8 hits, but 18% damage is paltry for how much work goes into it. instead, start a juggle using a series of 2 hatchets, b2, EN hatchet, and then finish off the combo with either dash, 1, 2, choke OR 2, shoulder charge, OR 1, arrow, shoulder charge. these are all far more damaging and easier to perform. for regular combos, try these:

a. b1,1, hatchet, hatchet, b2, EN hatchet, dash, 1, 2, choke (13 hits, 44% damage).
b. b2, 2, hatchet, hatchet, b2, EN hatchet, dash, b2, shoulder charge (9 hits, 43% damage).
c. f3, 1, hatchet, hatchet, 1, arrow, shoulder charge (7 hits, 31%, no meter).

3. i notice you didn't use NW's reflect. learn to use it. its timing is pretty forgiving, especially against slower projectiles like baraka's. the reflected projectile causes a number of potential traps. for example, if the foe tries to duck or block the projectile, use your lightning (or EN lightning, dash, hatchet, shoulder charge). if they jump from far range, use your EN arrow or shoulder charge. if they jump from mid/close range, counter with choke or (even better) a juggle combo starting with your hatchet. remember the EN version restores a good chunk of health, so use that option if you are low on life.

4. make better use of sweeps and the strings b2,2,1 and 1,2,2,1. they contain medium/overhead strikes; NW is weak in the mix-up game, so these are extra important.
1. shoulder is NOT punishable if blocked, its 0 at max range and -3 up close even then with the knockback you don't even eat a string. it must be punished by neutral duck once the sholder isnt active stand and do fastest starter. uppercutting enh shoulder is risky imo too inconsistent sometimes it hits and sometimes you get hit. some characters can on read jump the enh shoulder and punsih with full combo (smokebomb etc.) and some with quick teleport. now you use the fact that the opponent will be inclined to neutral duck after a knockdown to stand up and enh lightning hatchet 1 1 1 1 122shoulder.

2 corner combos regardless of how started should consist of f312 11choke instead of 1 1 1 1 122shoulder in order to maximize damage+advantage. dont waste a bar on enh hatchet during combos its a waste of a bar imo that could be used for an enh lightning unblockable for 30% or a breaker or armor many more reasons to use a bar rather than enh hatchet in combos.
off what ever starter you used whether it be b22hatchet, b111hatchet, f31hatchet, your combo should continue with b2hatchet 1 1 122shoulder
in corner off whatever starter you use your combo should continue with b2hatchet (or f2hatchet if slightly away from corner) f312 11choke this will give you the most no bar damage with the best advantage to set up offense (or defense if expecting wake up)

3. Nightwolfs reflect is his saving grace it is instant and can reflect a projectile easily from only a couple steps away from opponent giving nw major advantage to start pressure or follow up juggle. though once again i'd never use a bar on an enh arrow its not enough reward for the use of a bar. enh choke will blow up a bunch of armored wakeups so if you make a read someone is gonna wake up its alright to try to blow up their wakeup with enh choke if you have the meter to spare and need the damage for the win. some moves cant be reflected but can be absorbed with enh reflect (scorpions spear, kabal saw)(noobs shadow can be reflected away but not back at noob but if you need the health in a situation its okay to enh absorb a shadow). also Nightwolf has one of the best throws in the game giving major adv. a lot of the time an opponent will lay for a second too long allowing himself to be hit by a lightning or enh lightning combo or you can just start pressure with f3

4.NEVER use nightwolfs sweep its full combo punishable on block. 1221, b221, 114, 11(on hit) f312 all these strings are pretty solid and safe and should be used in conjuction with his d3 which is extremely good on hit especially vs a crouching opponent. if opponent isn't crouching than you can shoulder em til they decide to. look for the opportunity to land f2 off a jip. f2 on hit gives a free enh lightning hatchet 1 1 1 1 122shoulder so altogether thats like jipf2 is 12% + 30%from enh lightning combo 42% on a move that is 0 on block is nice. 1221 is probably nightwolfs best string with 9 frame starter and easily hitconfirmable into either hatchet or arrow for advantage into enh lightning or another 1221/arrow/hatchet. also b111 is such an underrated string hits mid from hella range confirmable into hatchet, shoulder, choke which are all safe on block and builds hella meter on block when in need of meter look for chance to deepjkb111shoulder/choke/hatchet or jip or just backdash, hitbox on that move is huge.

5.d3 ftw uppercut 7frames of nastiness.

I actually dont give a damn about what you think or not if I go back to online and have to play that cheater I will eject the disc I dont play cheaters, this was a thread about NW not your stuppid comments. Atleast some people gave some good advice...