What's new

My New Character rankings

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Stop downplaying. You don't lose that bad to Kabal and Kenshi. That alone is a big deal. Also this Skarlet 3-7 business is suspect.
Stop downplaying the princess too.
Nothing changed in this MU after the patch, it used to be 8-2 Skarlet. Skarlet just outzones Reptile a little less, but that isn't saying much at all. Not only can she tele all projectiles but she can armor through it for full combo. Any type of momentum he does gain is short lived either by being punished out of unreliable pressure strings. It's a nightmare. Kabal is not as bad as most, but it's still bad. Reptile still has to take huge risks in order to get anything done, and I have always said that Reptile Kenshi is 5-5. Kitana is awful...that is all.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
agreed.reptile does not lose 7-3 to skarlet either,im not sure what the justification is for this,surely it cant be just because she can teleport and red dash the forceballs can it? thats ridiculous.another thing aswell,raiden is top ten.
Raiden as top ten? LBSH.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Per the tier list:

1. KUHBAWL
  2. Kenshi
  3. Kung Lao
  4. Sonya
  5. Freddy Krueger
  6. Skarlet
  7. Kitana
  8. Human Cyrax
  9. Smoke
  10. Cyrax
  11. Jax
  12. Raiden
  13. Johnny Cage
  14. Mileena
  15. Reptile
  16. Sektor
  17. Liu Kang
  18. Sub Zero
  19. Shang Tsung
  20. Ermac
  21. Noob Saibot
  22. Rain
  23. Sindel
  24. Scorpion
  25. Nightwolf
  26. Cyber Sub Zero
  27. Quan Chi
  28. Jade
  29. Stryker
  30. Baraka
  31. Kano
  32. Sheeva

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i Actually think Liu Kang is top 10, he has very decent macthups, and his mixups are safe just like Kung lao and Cage, he can Zone, he can rushdown and damn it, he punishes pokes.
Xblades needs to be more in tourneys though, i think he is just one of the characters that have less presence in tournaments

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
i Actually think Liu Kang is top 10, he has very decent macthups, and his mixups are safe just like Kung lao and Cage, he can Zone, he can rushdown and damn it, he punishes pokes.
Xblades needs to be more in tourneys though, i think he is just one of the characters that have less presence in tournaments
You don't have to be top 10 to be a good character. Liu Kang is good but he's not ridiculous like the top 10 are.

peachyO

Noob
This list is strictly MY OPINION, but I am open to discuss it and would like to hear your thoughts and inputs. The only reason I am really making this is because I think a lot of people are finally starting to see a lot of characters for what they really are and I just want to bring some of it to light. Everything after the first tier is in no particular order so everyone is aware.

1) Kuhbawl (Duh)
2) Kenshi
3) Freddy
4) Sonya
5) Skarlet
6) Kung Lao
7) Cyrax (just admit it already)
8) Smoke
9) Cage
10) Jax
11) Mileena
12) Sektor
13) Liu Kang
14) Raiden
14) Shang
14) Kitana
14) Reptile
14) Sindel
14) Rain
20) Ermac
21) Sub Zero
22) Quan Chi
23) Scorpion
24) Noob
25) Baraka
26) Jade
27) Nightwolf
28) Stryker
29) CSZ
30) Sheeva
31) Kano

Please let's discuss! :p

Edit: IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME ANY SOLID REASONING I'M NOT GOING TO CONSIDER CHANGING ANYTHING, I THINK THIS CAN BE PRODUCTIVE BUT WE NEED GOOD DISCUSSION TO MAKE IT SO, DON'T JUST TELL ME I'M WRONG.
please kindly raise sheeva to #24. she deserves to be above CSZ, stryker, jade, kano, and noob. aguably baraka as well. she has a combo string which builds half a bar of meter if blocked, she has two unblockable specials, heavy armor, and the game's most powerful throw, projectile, strings, and special move. her many grabs and throws are all untechable, and her best attack (untamed fury) is +12 on block. believe me, no one understands her limitations better than i do, but a character with her tool set just can't be bottom 2.

against CSZ, his ice bombs and ice ball are countered cleanly by jump stomp, en fireball, or an armored grab if close. his ice parry is a free f3, b,f,3 22% combo opportunity for sheeva. his teleport is slow enough for sheeva to punish severely, and his slide is full combo punishable when blocked. even his dive kicks can be countered by EN AA grab or 4, b,f,3.

against stryker: her armored stomp and fireball foil his gunshot (his saving grace) from long range, where he likes to be. up close, sheeva just has better tools imo.

against jade: jump stomp cleanly beats boomerang and shadow glow, so jade's tactic of hanging back, engaging shadow glow and firing boomerangs to create pressure just doesn't work well against sheeva. neither does staff overhead, which is countered on reaction by AA grab. sheeva's armor is also superior to jade's.

against noob: jump stomp/EN jump stomp is the simple answer to clones, portals, and shadow ball at long range; close up it's EN untamed fury or EN fireball. noob's own teleport is easily blocked and results in 30%-34% punishment.

against baraka: this the arguable one; they are well matched. her jump stomp is almost useless here except very situationally. however, imo her superior armor (her EN fireball and EN untamed fury beat all of baraka's damage EN moves, even on wake up) and damage output give her a slight edge.

anyway, that's what i think. i really like how you recognize sindel's underrated skills, and i enjoyed your list.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Nothing changed in this MU after the patch, it used to be 8-2 Skarlet. Skarlet just outzones Reptile a little less, but that isn't saying much at all. Not only can she tele all projectiles but she can armor through it for full combo. Any type of momentum he does gain is short lived either by being punished out of unreliable pressure strings. It's a nightmare. Kabal is not as bad as most, but it's still bad. Reptile still has to take huge risks in order to get anything done, and I have always said that Reptile Kenshi is 5-5. Kitana is awful...that is all.
This.

Idk how many times Skarlet's strengths against Reptile have been outlined. Angled projectiles have been revealed to be problematic for Reptile. In fact it's one of the biggest reasons Ermac gained an even matchup vs Reptile. Hopping normals to deal with dash isn't new...Reptiles have been doing it to each other for the longest time. It's application is finally being spread to other characters. And frame data revealed how slow forceballs are and how possible it is to react to them. Skarlet has these options, as well as combinations of them in the dumbest of ways.

Kabal, I don't think beats Reptile that bad, if at all. KL beats Reptile. Not by much but the advantage is there. Reptile has weak aerial control, is the problem, and KL renders EX slow ball stuff useless.

I know nobody agrees with me and everyone has a fit when I say this, but I personally think Cyrax is for sure top 5. Maybe top 3
I know. His damage output alone prevents him from dropping out of the top 10. Regardless of who he fights you make one mistake and boom adios. Reminds me of this match at the latest MLG where PL was trying to lame out Maxter's Cyrax and then lands in a net and lost.

This.

Idk how many times Skarlet's strengths against Reptile have been outlined. Angled projectiles have been revealed to be problematic for Reptile. In fact it's one of the biggest reasons Ermac gained an even matchup vs Reptile. Hopping normals to deal with dash isn't new...Reptiles have been doing it to each other for the longest time. It's application is finally being spread to other characters. And frame data revealed how slow forceballs are and how possible it is to react to them. Skarlet has these options, as well as combinations of them in the dumbest of ways.

Kabal, I don't think beats Reptile that bad, if at all. KL beats Reptile. Not by much but the advantage is there. Reptile has weak aerial control, is the problem, and KL renders EX slow ball stuff useless.
What does Reptile use to get out of the Kabal rush down and when does he use it?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
peachyO those were not very objective arguments. All of the characters you mentioned have superior normals and footsies to Sheeva, and with her enormous hitbox, she's prone to all of their shenanigans.

peachyO

Noob
peachyO those were not very objective arguments. All of the characters you mentioned have superior normals and footsies to Sheeva, and with her enormous hitbox, she's prone to all of their shenanigans.
normals and footsies are very important, but they are not all that matters. objective? maybe not, but they're true...

either way, it's your list.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
why not man? he can lame it out against anyone other than kabal,teleport between block strings,ex shocker for 30% out of pressure,good d3.its hilarious how many people sleep on raiden.
The problem with Raiden is he needs a life lead in order to play his game. If he loses it he struggles, a lot of his block strings are punishable, and ex shocker is good but is also punishable. He does have a godlike d3. I see him as one of the many characters in this game that is solid, but is just easy to download.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
normals and footsies are very important, but they are not all that matters. objective? maybe not, but they're true...

either way, it's your list.
Honestly man, I can't move sheeva from where she is, she is dreadfully bad. If you just stand block sheeva she doesn't pose any serious threat to many characters. Terrible footsies, and they try to give her buttloads of armor to back it up, and no serious damage output UNLESS you block low and she catches you in the grab.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
What does Reptile use to get out of the Kabal rush down and when does he use it?
You wait for Kabal to either whiff something or throw out a string that leaves him negative. Reptile doesn't have much to use against most of it other than low pokes and dash. He can do more to f4 ndc but idk if there is much else.

I don't know about skarlet. I never play top ones. But I do play mike metroid and he is a very very good cage. Me and him go even at this pint. Nobody will ever convince me cage wins that one. Kabal is even with reptile. GGA 16 Bit I finally agree that reptile is downplayed to much. I say he is top ten though.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I know nobody agrees with me and everyone has a fit when I say this, but I personally think Cyrax is for sure top 5. Maybe top 3
Man, that match against Smoke is probably even as the game stands now and if neither had their resets it would be like 7-3 Smoke. That stupid command grab is garbage too lol.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Honestly man, I can't move sheeva from where she is, she is dreadfully bad. If you just stand block sheeva she doesn't pose any serious threat to many characters. Terrible footsies, and they try to give her buttloads of armor to back it up, and no serious damage output UNLESS you block low and she catches you in the grab.

If you stand block vs Sheeva, you just fuel her meter game and take chip, and allow her to play pressure. You'll eat d4s, and that just lets her dash in and 212f1 xx grab punch you...which makes you wanna duck, which lets her low grab you. If you duck and happen to be blocking 212f1...gg. Also, Sheeva does A LOT of unbreakable damage. Her EX punch grab is 22% unbreakable, EX fireball is armored + 16% overhead projectile, regular throw is 14%, air throw snatches ANYTHING for unbreakable damage. f4 does a chunk. Telestomp is gimmicky, but that's more unbreakable damage. Her footsies are kinda bad, though they aren't close to being the worst. Her big issue is she's too easy to turtle in most cases.

She isn't good by any means, but she's not absolute worst, and tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if she has some advantage matchups (One of them being Cage...not trying to troll).

Seapeople

This one's for you
You wait for Kabal to either whiff something or throw out a string that leaves him negative. Reptile doesn't have much to use against most of it other than low pokes and dash. He can do more to f4 ndc but idk if there is much else.

Ex slide is also a good way out.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ex slide is also a good way out.
It is, but it's also risky, and puts kabal full screen if it hits, which isn't exactly fantastic haha. I guess it's better than him getting afyer rep's ass though haha.

Seapeople

This one's for you
It is, but it's also risky, and puts kabal full screen if it hits, which isn't exactly fantastic haha. I guess it's better than him getting afyer rep's ass though haha.

It's less risky than elbow dashing imo. Plus Kabal will start trying to bait it occassionally which limits his pressure a little more.
I think full screen is the best position in this mu because forceballs will lower Reptile's hitbox under IAGB.

damagedone13

Keep Music Evil
Ermac should be higher than this.I don't think Sector,Kang ,Sindel,Kitana or Rain are better.The only problems i have with Ermac are a good Lao and Raiden.I destroy average Kabals with him.Correct this.