What's new

MY MKX PATCH WISH LIST FOR KP2 (POST YOURS)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
No offense but for me is d1 is a pretty great tool his backdash make is midscreen defense pretty on point. Can you give me example and situation where those make him a character with a weak defense. IMO a character with bad defense is a character with limited options If not close to none and a safe 6 F poke, a 5f njp after jump and a godlike backdash are not part of that category.
His d1 isn't safe actually it's -9. Full comboable by the characters he needs it for lol. Plus it's only +2 on hit so he can still be armoured after for a good read. His njp is good. That and his backdash. But neither really help him under great pressure

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
This is what i think they should do for goro also give him only one of these buffs.
1. Allow you to ex the last hit of punchwalk on block like you can on hit and make it plus 5
option number 2
let his punch walk be 2 in 1 special cancelable
option 3
Let his f3 restand , Add scaling to it (obvi)
lol punch walk is fine as it is now, it's safe on both regular and ex and it launches

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I'm not sure making punchwalk a safe special that does good chip, has good corner carry, can be late EX'd on hit for a full combo, can be late EX'd on block to be +5 to give frame traps and easy tick throws or pokes, has two hits of armor on normal EX and leads to good damage in general is something Goro really needs.
5 hits of armour actually* lol

I also think he is fine the way he is and I see where you are coming from but is it so bad when most armourable gap also allow you to backdash still doesn t seems like a big chunk in his defensive armour to me.
Mostly relevant in the corner.

Please read previous post. He has options. Just not good ones.
I see absolutely no post explaining how his backdash and NJP aren't some of the best in the game, or how his D1 is so risky, or how his B2 and iAS aren't amazing space control and great defensive checks. Why dont you just answer the question I asked about your statements on the D1, or any of the questions the other guy asked, instead of always redirecting and avoiding the facts?

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

"Shredding"... LOL.

He cannot even "shred" his little brother with Quan Chi, not to mention DJT, MIT, Foxy, Sonic Fix, etc. King picks Quan Chi when it is convenient to do so in a match up. He uses Kung Lao otherwise.

Quan Chi is a top tier character who is massively overrated by TYM scrubs (i.e., you and many other abysmal players on this website).
Yeah because if you aren't destroying DJT and SonicFox consistently every single tournament then you must be pretty bad right. P.S. King wasn't the only one to lose to Jr that ONE day, and your acting like Jr wasn't playing like a beast and hungry for it, he earn that shit

Last edited:
"Shredding"... LOL.

He cannot even "shred" his little brother with Quan Chi, not to mention DJT, MIT, Foxy, Sonic Fix, etc. King picks Quan Chi when it is convenient to do so in a match up. He uses Kung Lao otherwise.

Quan Chi is a top tier character who is massively overrated by TYM scrubs (i.e., you and many other abysmal players on this website).
FT10? MM

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
First of all im calm and im not whining. So don't even go there.

In my opinion you're destroying Kobu Tanya with your nerfs proposal.

Secondly you want to nerf almost everything which is really good about Tanya atm: Rekkas, EX Toss, teleport cancel. I mean for the love of god there is really nothing else to nerf at all.

Thridly - blockstun on delayed tonfa is something you get used to it and after some time you know exactly when you can move, it's not really a rocket science just takes time and practice. Making b12+4 more unsafe is bad since you sometime wanna stagger it (without canceling) and not like its plus on block or anything, its -4 already so if i decide to stop here, it's my opponent turn to press buttons.

Forth - you overrate Tanya, i co-main her and while she is really good, she also has problems and people tend just to ignore them. Coz its easy to whine about "braindead" Rekkas.

Fifth - maybe its you who is not thinking carefully enough about her overall, so you see (almost) only positives and no negatives. And lets not even start with "braindead" argument, its really lame and has no merit at all.

Fifth - also take your head out of your ass and stop with the narrative "i know better" its annoying and you sound like a young, spoiled brat (no offense).

About buffing Cassie Spec Ops - mate, she is a really good character overall (no mater which variation anyway) and you want to buff her while on the other hand you want nerf Tanya hard and she isnt overall better then Cassie. Thats why im saying "stop" to you.

About Erron - lets agree to dissagree about him being in top 10. Imo he really doesn't need buffs.
Ok ok it's cool :)

Explain to me why I'm destroying her. You're just saying that without really telling me why, what consequences would come as a result that are so detrimental that she's be destroyed? I've explained she still has multiple ways to build meter and the rekkas just build half the meter they did before, not 0 entirely.

I'm suggesting nerfing them because of how powerful they are. And when I say that I'm not saying she's the best in the game but easy top 10. I'm not even suggesting nerfing them into being unusable, I'm just suggesting ways to nerf her meter building and make it easier to take advantage of the few openings you get since right now you have to guess when you can take advantage concerning for example the rekkas. She can still just cancel into a full teleport and she still has multiple air options from there including ones that build more meter. It'd just change the way you have to play her is all.

You get used to it? It shouldn't be there in the first place. What's the point in inconsistent blockstun? It just makes things harder to punish because you don't know when it's going to finish and it's unlikely you're going to be able to figure out exactly how long the blockstun is considering she can delay it for as short or as long as she wants. It's too easy to miss it even by a frame. It's just not normal really in my opinion.

I mean no offence but just because you co-main her doesn't mean you necessarily know better. Mains have a tendency to downplay their characters, sometimes it's because they know the holes in their character better and sometimes it's because they're just not as good as players (again no offence, just speaking in hypotheticals). If she has problems explain them to me clearly and thoroughly so that I can't ignore them because right now all people see is braindead offence with easy-peasy meter building, guaranteed pressure that leads to this easy-peasy meter building and holes that the majority of the time you're stuck guessing when it's your turn rather than being able to see on reaction.

Again, if she's not braindead then explain to me why. Show me why I'm wrong, don't just make empty statements.

When did I say "I know better"? Stop making things up man...

I'm asking for a small change on one aspect of her game that pretty much still leaves her in the same position in before. It's like if you were to ask for Tanya's B31 string to have a gap. A small buff that barely changes her game but just covers a little where she lacks.

Tbh I don't think so either, that was more because he has no fast advancing mids and I don't want him to be left out ;)

STB Shujinkydink

5 hits of armour actually* lol

Mostly relevant in the corner.

I see absolutely no post explaining how his backdash and NJP aren't some of the best in the game, or how his D1 is so risky, or how his B2 and iAS aren't amazing space control and great defensive checks. Why dont you just answer the question I asked about your statements on the D1, or any of the questions the other guy asked, instead of always redirecting and avoiding the facts?
Please see my previous posts

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I don't really like suggesting buffs or nerfs, typically. Most of the time, I don't really feel qualified to do so. I wouldn't consider myself a noob, just not an expert, and not overly opinionated. Even so, I guess I can throw out some suggestions for a couple of characters I play.

Sun God/All command grab characters really:
  • Throw immune strings are a problem. It's heartbreaking every time I make the right read to armor through a string only for it to miraculously go right through them. Can we do something about this?
Venomous D'vorah:
  • Venom ticks should kill.
  • EX DF1 gains 1 hit of armor
I've put a lot of work into Venomous and ultimately I came to conclude that the variation is simply not real. All pressure and offense is based on gimmicks and whether your opponent can deal with them effectively. The result of this is that you never really pick Venomous over the other variations for its strength against a particular character, but a particular player. I think the only things Venom legitimately beats SQ in is closing out a round with chip damage and punishing unsafe moves in the corner. Giving it a better armored move than the other variations would add a legitimate advantage to using Venomous. Giving it an armored launcher would be broken (Actual combos are blasphemy!), and even just letting db4 apply a venom tick for every hit would be broken (6 venom stacks in one special...mother of god). A 13 frame 16% restand that will break any armor, does up to 11.3% chip, and is tough to punish (there's that gimmick again) is at least something.

And why is D'vorah's d3 a mid? What's up with that?

Reactions: REO

I GOT HANDS

Please see my previous posts
His d1 isn't safe actually it's -9. Full comboable by the characters he needs it for lol.
There's like 3 characters in the entire game that can even possibly combo punish it (Mileena, Cassie, Lao), one of them has absolutely no pressure, the other two require hitting their button within a 2-3 frame window off a 9 frame reaction. SUPER RISKY FOR QUAN RIGHT. Oh and if they they mess it up they actually ARE full combo punishable at like lower than -20, against the highest damage character in the game. And only one of them is actually a pressure character.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
SCORPION
1. Back 3,2 able to cancel into any special (all variations).
2. The following strings 2,1,2 / Back 1,2,1 need faster recovery time.
3. Forward 4 faster on startup and linkable from a back 3.
4. Inferno's minion drop faster on startup to eliminate the gap it suffers from.
5. Hellfire's Down,Back 2 faster on startup and less telegraphing.
6. Hellfire's Fire ball faster on startup.

Reactions: REO

STB Shujinkydink

There's like 3 characters in the entire game that can even possibly combo punish it (Mileena, Cassie, Lao), one of them has absolutely no pressure, the other two require hitting their button within a 2-3 frame window off a 9 frame reaction. SUPER RISKY FOR QUAN RIGHT. Oh and if they they mess it up they actually ARE full combo punishable at like lower than -20, against the highest damage character in the game. And only one of them is actually a pressure character.
Actually the entire cast can with a well timed throw!

His d1 isn't safe actually it's -9. Full comboable by the characters he needs it for lol. Plus it's only +2 on hit so he can still be armoured after for a good read. His njp is good. That and his backdash. But neither really help him under great pressure
If slide can t punish it no human can punish it in my book and the grabbing thing comes from you nothing stop u from ducking or even better njping If you think they re gonna grab.

Last edited:
WTF? Talk about overkill.

This changes would totally destroy Kobu Tanya. No meter on Rekkas, on top of less safe b12+4, obvious gap in tonfa toss and reduced blockstun on delayed Tonfa push?! Plus you want to nerf teleport even more then it already has been nerfed?! No, just no. It's the only playable Tanya variation atm and she is fine as she is now. She is good but also has problems.

And on the other spectrum you want to buff Spec OP Cassie and Erron?!

Just stop.
Aye..may as well remove her from the game completely, if this ever happened lol.

Btw, how you getting on with her Immortal?

Immortal

Blind justice....
Ok ok it's cool :)

Explain to me why I'm destroying her. You're just saying that without really telling me why, what consequences would come as a result that are so detrimental that she's be destroyed? I've explained she still has multiple ways to build meter and the rekkas just build half the meter they did before, not 0 entirely.
One of the main reason (which you obviously know) that Tanya is really that good is the idea she can pressure you while building good amount of meter which allow her to continue that pressure. If you half that meter build there is no way that at high level of play you will be able to maintain that pressure for longer time. And as you know as well Tanya game plan is basically pressure, pressure, pressure. And its not like she's the best at it. She's really good but not the best. So the question here is why limit her at it? All of her pressure have gaps or some way out of it. All of b12+4 cancel options (beside tele cancel) are unsafe, even ex tonfa toss can be just neutral ducked on return and punished. Again it's good but not broken, so why fix something that isn't broken?

I'm suggesting nerfing them because of how powerful they are. And when I say that I'm not saying she's the best in the game but easy top 10. I'm not even suggesting nerfing them into being unusable, I'm just suggesting ways to nerf her meter building and make it easier to take advantage of the few openings you get since right now you have to guess when you can take advantage concerning for example the rekkas. She can still just cancel into a full teleport and she still has multiple air options from there including ones that build more meter. It'd just change the way you have to play her is all.
Let it be clear, so there is no downplaying arguments - i think Tanya is actually top 7 atm. Really good but not the best / top 3. And yest its true i can cancel into full teleport but thats about it, any of her air options are unsafe as hell, full combo punishable. So yes i can escape which is nice but thats it.

The part i dont understand - why do you want to change the way you have to play her? Kobu jutsu by design seems to be variation designed to be played as full pressure character. Why gimp / change that? Its like you would say lets nerf Cassie pressure options (better then Tanya) so players have to change playstyle with her. For me this makes no sense.

You get used to it? It shouldn't be there in the first place. What's the point in inconsistent blockstun? It just makes things harder to punish because you don't know when it's going to finish and it's unlikely you're going to be able to figure out exactly how long the blockstun is considering she can delay it for as short or as long as she wants. It's too easy to miss it even by a frame. It's just not normal really in my opinion.
That's exactly the point imo - to make it harder to punish, it's not impossible, just harder. It's just a guessing game like any real 50/50 which Tanya to be honest lacks (not that she needs it) and many characters have - you have to guess. There are many moves even armored in the game which you have to punish to the frame, its hard but it is what it is, why Tanya shouldn't have it?

I mean no offence but just because you co-main her doesn't mean you necessarily know better. Mains have a tendency to downplay their characters, sometimes it's because they know the holes in their character better and sometimes it's because they're just not as good as players (again no offence, just speaking in hypotheticals). If she has problems explain them to me clearly and thoroughly so that I can't ignore them because right now all people see is braindead offence with easy-peasy meter building, guaranteed pressure that leads to this easy-peasy meter building and holes that the majority of the time you're stuck guessing when it's your turn rather than being able to see on reaction.

Again, if she's not braindead then explain to me why. Show me why I'm wrong, don't just make empty statements.
Again to be clear by all means im not downplaying any character - Tanya is very good, in my book she is top 7.

Tanya problems like any characters are in certain match ups. For example playing vs a good Cassie Cage (who knows Tanya shortcomings) is really a struggle. Tanya has really no way out of Cassie pressure beside 2-hit armored Rekka. Her pokes sucks so badly its not even funny. D1 which is her fastest poke (7F) has 0 reach, so does d3, d4 has very little reach. And only the idea that Cassie can just say "fuck you" and armor reversal almost anything you do with ex flipkick is terrifying. Not to mention Cassie can actually destroy Tanya if you go for delayed Rekkas just with that one move which obviously lead to full combo and pressure after it. Almost the same can be said about Tempest Lao MU.

The main concern here is: sure Tanya does very well vs certain characters atm but she also has problems with some and by nerfing her (the way you proposed) you will make those match ups even harder which in my opinion is not the right way to approach balancing of FG.

When did I say "I know better"? Stop making things up man...
Thats why i putted this into " ". But we're good now, lets leave this behind.

I'm asking for a small change on one aspect of her game that pretty much still leaves her in the same position in before. It's like if you were to ask for Tanya's B31 string to have a gap. A small buff that barely changes her game but just covers a little where she lacks.

Tbh I don't think so either, that was more because he has no fast advancing mids and I don't want him to be left out ;)
To be completely honest i don't have a problem with that buff more with the idea that you want to buff (just a little bit i know) a really good character even more and on the other hand you want nerf a character which is weaker then her.

In other words - coz i guess that's something i also should said before i really don't like the idea of balancing game by nerfing characters that aren't broken (like for example Kabal or Cyrax level broken). I always thought and still think that its way better to buff the weaker characters to the level of the better ones then the other way around.

Last edited: