What's new

My Little Pony, Fighting is Magic

Glass Sword

Nobody
Squeaker101 You have asked so you shall receive. Also you have good taste in ponies.

Well first off I have to say everything was awesome about the con except it gave me the flu. The line for the game was long at all times except really late at night, but they had to pack up soon after that time came along. I only got to play a few times.
First some general stuff. The game as it is now seems to be a much slower paced game than say Marvel, but it remains to be seen. The game is after all incomplete. Walk speeds seemed really slow to me which might factor into the games pace. I think they will be increased in the future. Ponies seems to stick together as well when they clash. Wakeups seem not to exist so getting a knockdown was really good too bad most everybody did not know what they were doing. Most characters bnbs seem really simple since they are magic series combos from marvel. However there seems to be a lot of room to expand on the these combos besides the brain dead bnbs. Spacing won out the majority of the matches except when...

Character specific stuff -

Rainbow Dash - Over the top. That is what Rainbow Dash was even as an incomplete character. She has an 8 way air dash (Her magic button is dash fittingly enough as well as a speedy flight mode. Weirdly enough her Yang like Dive Kick is not an overhead only the dive that does straight down is. Her dominance was probably due to lack of experience by everyone since much of her attacks are most likely not safe such as her launcher which sends her into the air (it is very dynamic). The slow walk speed (did I mention the dashes were meh as well no?) also had something to do with it I imagine since Dash could zip in and out for free. She was of course incomplete she did not even have a walk animation, so yeah most of what I am saying is moot. She will be rush down heavy character no matter what they change I imagine. Oh and Rainbow Dash's bnb is supposedly just like Magnetos from Marvel she also has fly unfly combos, but they were taken out for this build.

Applejack - There were a lot of people playing Applejack. I thought Twilight would be the day one character for newbies, but Applejack seems to take the cake. Her overhead is very safe and her lows are very safe as well. She does not get a combo off the overhead however. She does not have any moves that really move her forward at all (in fact nopony seems to have moves like this.) Her walk speed is slow and her dash is meh. She can hop though so she will have really great mix ups. Once she gets going she is kinda like Yu Narukami from Persona 4 arena just not as strong. There was some really hype moments in the finals when some Applejacks fought some Rainbow Dashs and the Applejack had a psychic rope attack.

Twilight Sparkle - Twilight is slow. Movement wise not her attacks they seem just as fast as any other ponies (I am not sure about this. The differences will become more pronounced when they have the ACTUAL ANIMATIONS int for the attacks.) Twilight's teleport has a decent recovery and would be great if she was not so slow on her feet. Her zoning is not that bad she has some decent normals for footsies including an overhead which has pretty good reach. Her low light sucks however it does not have any reach since it is just her book lighting up. All the Twilights got knocked out by the fourth round oddly enough only Applejacks and Rainbow Dashs remained.

Rarity - Not much to say here. She got a big nerf from the EVO build since Rarity lost her super duper full screen super for one bar now it is only a small stream of gems in a specific location. Nobody seemed to know how to play with her... Probably because her combos are not ABC launcher jump ABC land ender. I think she is going to be quite good.

Pinkie Pie - Every time a level 3 was activated it was landed. Also no one really played as her since as above she did not have super simple combos. I also think she will be a super strong character when the game comes out.

That is everything off the top of my head. If there is anything specific I will try to answer.