What's new

My last attempt at an accurate community tier list.

NKZero

Noob
Anyone caring enough about these games to check these forums will know before they even come here that kabal is not banned. Your post was unnecessary and distracted from the main idea. This is a tier list discussion, not a tier list notation discussion. What you brought up was a needless criticism that has no relation to he topic at hand. No one cares.
That was still uncalled for. Why can't he express his opinion man? Also we would like some clear notations...well I would anyways. Why have a B- randomly in there for example. It helps to differentiate even though we can tell what each group means. If you aren't interested then don't pay attention to it.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
That was still uncalled for. Why can't he express his opinion man? Also we would like some clear notations...well I would anyways. Why have a B- randomly in there for example. It helps to differentiate even though we can tell what each group means. If you aren't interested then don't pay attention to it.
He's welcome to express his opinion, leaving me welcome to voice my opinion regarding his. I find his complaint extremely minor and very irrelevant. To complain about such a thing serves no purpose. I'm entitled to my opinion

He's welcome to express his opinion, leaving me welcome to voice my opinion regarding his. I find his complaint extremely minor and very irrelevant. To complain about such a thing serves no purpose. I'm entitled to my opinion
I agree. I t really came off as him being an elitist. And saying he labeled it wrong, and if he labeled right he would then be wrong makes no sense. He didn't label it ss it was s+ so his argument is completely invalid.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

NKZero

Noob
Yeah but you don't have to pop off on him like that, regardless of the validity of his complaint. That's what I mean. Anyways let's just leave it at that. Don't wanna derail the thread.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I said that reptile MAY be a bad MU in time or not, just throwing out possibilities on why kenshi may end up having more then 1 or 2 bad MU's when its all said and done. didnt say that reptile for sure is a bad MU right now.
I'm far from proficient with Reptile, but I play GnG CrimsonPanther 's Kenshi on a weekly basis and it does strike me as a possible bad MU. Reptile's spit gives Kenshi trouble with his slashes, his fast EX FB will often catch him off guard, elbow dash gets Reptile in easily and EX elbow dash is +5 on block; there's also the invisibility which works to mask his mixups. Reptile has a LOT of good tools and I don't quite understand how this character isn't played more.

I'm far from proficient with Reptile, but I play GnG CrimsonPanther 's Kenshi on a weekly basis and it does strike me as a possible bad MU. Reptile's spit gives Kenshi trouble with his slashes, his fast EX FB will often catch him off guard, elbow dash gets Reptile in easily and EX elbow dash is +5 on block; there's also the invisibility which works to mask his mixups. Reptile has a LOT of good tools and I don't quite understand how this character isn't played more.
The problem I have with Reptile is it's hard to zone him and damn near impossible to pressure him. I'm started to understand the MU better but I do think it's a bad MU for Kenshi. At least 5.5-4.5 if not 6-4

Noob: His zoning is pretty good, but not impossible. His damage is not great, and up close he struggles. Her doesnt have nearly as good footsies or meter building. His pokes are worse(at least D4 is). Baraka has much better options up close(frame traps, strings into slices for meter). His sweep is a much better footsie tool than Noob's upknee because sweep can be canceled into blade charge to stop dashes. Once again he has a much better reset(100% instead of portal resets that may or may not work). Noob has more damaging corner combos but it puts the opponent on the ground. Baraka has 30-34% combos that reset the opponent into another 50/50 guess. He has a better overhead as well that can be canceled into slices for more meter gain. Noob beats him IMO in damage and zoning, but beats him in footsies, meter building, corner pressure and resets.
I'm glad you brought this up actually. I believe this is a 5-5. Both characters have the tools to beat the other. Baraka's midscreen damage is not too much more than Noob's (20-25ish%) midscreen without a reset. I don't see how his D4 is worse, but maybe you can explain why you think so. Some of Noob's best footsie tools are B1, D4, D3, F3, up knee, and shadow charge. His meter building is underrated: After a blocked 212 up knee, he gains nearly half a bar (definitely over a 1/3), and his D4 jails in 212 up knee. After a 212 up knee, Noob has a legitimate 50/50 mix up where you have to guess right or he either (1) gets a combo, (2) gets another block string. resets the situation, and gains more meter. Also, I need to see more Baraka corner pressure, but I think both their corner pressure is phenomenal.

For the record, I consider both these guys underrated, and I would really like to play you some time if you are on PSN because I really need the match up experience and we can work out the match up itself, if you'd like.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
is really Kano that Shitty? I don't play him, but i find his 212 annoying as hell, allong with his followups on block besides the string be neutral on block
As someone who has played the character since release, here are all of the things he lacks:

- A proper footsy tool
- Reliable armor outside of X-ray
- Reasonable ways to use meter outside of breakers and X-ray
- Reliable and damaging AA combos
- Decent wakeup game
- Decent overhead attack
- A standing normal that's 10 frames or less on startup
- A teleport
- A non-moronic input for straight ball that doesn't mess up inputs or make using only said armor that Kano has become overly tedious and difficult to time properly.
- Standing resets
- Damage resets

His only good matchup is maybe Sheeva and even that's iffy in my eyes.

NKZero

Noob
As someone who has played the character since release, here are all of the things he lacks:

- A proper footsy tool
- Reliable armor outside of X-ray
- Reasonable ways to use meter outside of breakers and X-ray
- Reliable and damaging AA combos
- Decent wakeup game
- Decent overhead attack
- A standing normal that's 10 frames or less on startup
- A teleport
- A non-moronic input for straight ball that doesn't mess up inputs or make using only said armor that Kano has become overly tedious and difficult to time properly.
- Standing resets
- Damage resets

His only good matchup is maybe Sheeva and even that's iffy in my eyes.
Agreed. Think his wake-ups are good though. Well at least respectable compared to some. Lol Kano teleport :p. Also what's the start-up for B1? I thought that was 10 frames no? I'll double check. I don't think he needs resets but he definitely needs a boost in damage.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Agreed. Think his wake-ups are good though. Well at least respectable compared to some. Lol Kano teleport :p. Also what's the start-up for B1? I thought that was 10 frames no? I'll double check. I don't think he needs resets but he definitely needs a boost in damage.
I think it's 12, but I could be mistaken.

Anyone caring enough about these games to check these forums will know before they even come here that kabal is not banned. Your post was unnecessary and distracted from the main idea. This is a tier list discussion, not a tier list notation discussion. What you brought up was a needless criticism that has no relation to he topic at hand. No one cares.
One of the main points of a tier list is to let people new to the game know what's going on. Anyone seeing Kabal specifically put as SS (or S+) tier would assume the character was too broken for anyone to seriously compete with - that's what the tier SS specifically means.

If you make a tier list with a bunch of random numbers or letters starting from A for example, then each tier can mean whatever you like. If you put S above A-C then it specifically means a broken character. If you put SS (Or S+) above that then you are specifically telling everyone the character is so broken no one else can really compete with it or go close and that simply isn't the case.

The point was valid unlike your ignorant, obnoxious and unnecessary responses. If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute aside from personal attacks, ignorance and reality denial then go and post somewhere else. It's people like you who think they can dictate what everyone else can say and think who ruin these threads for those who contribute seriously.

REO

Undead
One of the main points of a tier list is to let people new to the game know what's going on. Anyone seeing Kabal specifically put as SS (or S+) tier would assume the character was too broken for anyone to seriously compete with - that's what the tier SS specifically means.

If you make a tier list with a bunch of random numbers or letters starting from A for example, then each tier can mean whatever you like. If you put S above A-C then it specifically means a broken character. If you put SS (Or S+) above that then you are specifically telling everyone the character is so broken no one else can really compete with it or go close and that simply isn't the case.

The point was valid unlike your ignorant, obnoxious and unnecessary responses. If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute aside from personal attacks, ignorance and reality denial then go and post somewhere else. It's people like you who think they can dictate what everyone else can say and think who ruin these threads for those who contribute seriously.
Kabal is widely accepted as broken, and not many characters can compete with him. S+ suits a character like him.

Tom Brady man how can you say baraka is Fish? i can beat any character with my baraka especially Sub-zeros are a easy Prey for me ...
Baraka a Fish? think again ! Baraka is a Kraken a well Titan