What's new

my lab work.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I will go ahead and say this because someone will say it lol, this can be done on block! Also ot is of course escpapble so use it sparingly. The only reason i did this on hit because i dont have anyone to here to help me with posting this and if i try to put ai on auto block while recording training mode goes haywire and my recording turns into some random bullshit i didn't do lol. Anyways about the video, this was very hard for me to get down but I did. I have been saving this for weeks because I don't know how useful it is really but i figured i would at least share what i found lol. The throw combo was discovered by scoot magee so i dont want anyone to think im taling away credit, i just found a way to try and use ot in a match and use it without burning two bars of meter. Rapzilla also found a low launching setup after a fb oki so you have two combo setups to pick from, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
-insert BnB here- > 321 EN SFB ender > Elbow Dash~32 , dash , throw > EN SFB hits > recover , 32 FFB > 321 EN SFB ender rinse and repeat.

Good stuff.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I don't mean to be that guy but I posted this in my rep tech thread. Nice vid though! I can't do this to save my life :(

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
-insert BnB here- > 321 EN SFB ender > Elbow Dash~32 , throw > EN SFB hits > recover , 32 FFB > 321 EN SFB ender rinse and repeat.

Good stuff.
Yep thats the jist of it, one seriously key thing though is that you have to dash a little before the throw or the 32 won't hit.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I don't mean to be that guy but I posted this in my rep tech thread. Nice vid though! I can't do this to save my life :(
You showed the slide launching with the fb, which can be blocked and punished by full combo, while this can't be just blocked, I think it builds on top of what you were doing as well however and i will throw your name in the mention with scoot magee, like i said i am not trying to steal anyone's thunder lol, just help improve reptile players. And you can't do what? Be that guy lol?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I apologize i wasnt thinking about the fb making it safe you are right, but what i was trying to get at is this is a guarunteed combo while the other can just be blocked.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
When I throw whilst a slow ex ball hits, I seem to be thrown back the same height as my opponent, which isn't very high giving me no time to tech roll and continue the combo.... what am I doing wrong. My opponent is never launched to the height as shown in your video. I sometimes use 32invis throw behind a slow ex ball so the idea isn't completely new to me but I've almost never been given the opportunity to carry the combo on or reset it. Helppppp

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Alright so this is why I said it was so difficult, because of timing, when you throw rlthe fb out you have to wait for maybe a half a second thendash in and 32 then dash to get the right spacing by the time you recover the ball should be right behind you which is where you throw. The recovery on the roll is another tricky part. Because you have to recognize when it stops, those are actually the 2 hardest parts of the setup, if you those you have pretty much got. The idea is to just pace yerself after the oki but dont go slow.

Edit: in order to tech roll you have to just hit an attack button as soon as you hit the ground.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I like that we're getting so many setups for the SFB now. It's basically a moving version of Sub zero's clone that doesn't disappear when you get hit.

This one in particular seems like a setup that will mainly be good in the corner, and after you train the opponent to respect 32b4 & 32~acid hand.

The timing was real specific for Scoot's throw combo; is it just as difficult in this setup? Also since 32 is negative on block, could you do d3 321 throw or something similar at midscreen?

One more kinda random question. If you triple dash into a block string like 321, and the ex sfb hits from behind (on block), is Reptile at advantage? (EX forceballs are normally advantage on block).

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I like that we're getting so many setups for the SFB now. It's basically a moving version of Sub zero's clone that doesn't disappear when you get hit.

This one in particular seems like a setup that will mainly be good in the corner, and after you train the opponent to respect 32b4 & 32~acid hand.

The timing was real specific for Scoot's throw combo; is it just as difficult in this setup? Also since 32 is negative on block, could you do d3 321 throw or something similar at midscreen?

One more kinda random question. If you triple dash into a block string like 321, and the ex sfb hits from behind (on block), is Reptile at advantage? (EX forceballs are normally advantage on block).

Doesn't disappear when we get hit but disappears when someone teleports :|

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

1) The timing is rough but just takes time in the lab its possible to hit consistently.
2) 321 has too much pushback midscereen but works fine in the corner, and by the time you do the 32 the fb is so close most characters will just stay blocking.
3) if you triple dash then 321 if the fb hits in the middle of the string and you finish it, then it will jusst leave you at whatever advantage 321 is, which is neutral i think.