What's new

My Knightfall Bane costume (and Poison Ivy/Deathstroke

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd share my costume from this year. I'm a little Bane obsessed, as I was DKR Bane last year....and decided to be Knightfall Bane this year after thinking of a cool idea for the Venom tubes. These pics also show my friend's Deathstroke and gf's Poison Ivy. I'm still going to tweak the costume a bit, as I finished it somewhat last minute, but I think it came out pretty well, especially the tubes....which glowed like motherfuckers.

A couple MK fans we ran in to. Kitana was pretty hot.

Low guns

Initial version of the tubes, which I ended up improving a bit before I went out.

Me with Ivy (she made the costume herself and it came out amazing, imo).

Anyway....I know my Bane isn't perfect. The belt I just couldn't get right. Had a great time, though. Anyone who actually recognized my costume thought it was pretty cool.

John Grizzly

Wow, those venom tubes are great!
Thanks, man.

I went to Home Depot and got some plastic tubing as well as some plastic tube connectors. I then bought a bunch of those glow necklaces that attach together and fed them into the tubes. They fit perfectly. The "gauntlet" is some sort of Nike running sleeve with an iPod holder (which was also lime green) and I put several more bigger glow sticks in there. I fed the tube into that, as well. I also attached a translucent green water bottle to the back of the belt (that you can't really see) and put a bunch of glowsticks in that to make that really bright.

John Grizzly

Thanks everyone! Ended up going out 3 times as Bane. Not many people knew who I was (including several pathetic Batmen), but the people who did really appreciated my costume.

The absolute dumbest guess I heard was indeed from a "Batman". I was asked by my friends to go mess with him, and I stated that there was NO WAY in hell he would know who I was. I could just tell. If he knew, he would have already spoken to me. Anyway....the guy walks by so I stand up and say "Do you know who I am?". He sat there....dumbfounded and finally said:

"You're Tron, right?"

I announced to the bar he was the shittiest Batman of all time and he made me sick.

Anyway....Halloween was awesome this year. :D

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
Batman will never understand what Bane has to go through...

*sigh*

We must break the Bat!