What's new

Match Footage - Sub-Zero My gameplay, review my sub par gameplay

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Well your grandmaster is better than mine. I'd try to hit confirm b33 into iceball more. A couple times b33 hit and you Kloned when if you used ice ball/ice blast you coulda put her in the corner.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Almost anywhere you'd b12 xx clone to freeze vs a male character, b3 xx clone will work for a female character.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Your corner game is pretty solid , but sometimes it seemed like you didn't know what to do midscreen in the neutral. You should try playing a little with no variation to work on your fundamentals. After playing so much with unbreakable and no variation I'm more comfortable midscreen than anything else with sub. Try going for more b12 frame traps when you land those midscreen d4's and learn to step back when your out of sweep distance for the AA. Cassie specifically doesn't have many good ways to get in close so Cassie players like to jump in a lot , take advantage of that. Ree301 posted a lot of s1 AA combos a while back , you should check them out

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Your corner game is pretty solid , but sometimes it seemed like you didn't know what to do midscreen in the neutral. You should try playing a little with no variation to work on your fundamentals. After playing so much with unbreakable and no variation I'm more comfortable midscreen than anything else with sub. Try going for more b12 frame traps when you land those midscreen d4's and learn to step back when your out of sweep distance for the AA. Cassie specifically doesn't have many good ways to get in close so Cassie players like to jump in a lot , take advantage of that. Ree301 posted a lot of s1 AA combos a while back , you should check them out
b12 frame traps?

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Don't settle for slide punishes, you start going for online or easier punishes and you'll either fuck up or your offline play will fuck up. Case and point me when I tried to 11 punish a spin and not F3 as Jax. In regards to the flipkick.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Don't settle for slide punishes, you start going for online or easier punishes and you'll either fuck up or your offline play will fuck up. Case and point me when I tried to 11 punish a spin and not F3 as Jax. In regards to the flipkick.
i know thats why i was trying b12 every time lol only thing i try to slide punish are projectiles

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
This depends on how well your opponent knows the match up. EX freeze covers your bases in a lot of situations.

But in general yes
I don't understand, what can they do even with match up knowledge to make this not be the case

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I don't understand, what can they do even with match up knowledge to make this not be the case
maybe I worded it wrong, my apologies.

Your (female in this case) opponent can read a b33 and take the second hit. if you clone, whatever. if you freeze she can block it and fcp you. Doing an ex freeze will cover your bases in this case because even if she takes the second hit, the ex freeze will hit her and she cannot block in time

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Iceball connects on hit after b33 on female , doesn't matter if they block the first b3 , it combos just like b12xxiceball

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
maybe I worded it wrong, my apologies.

Your (female in this case) opponent can read a b33 and take the second hit. if you clone, whatever. if you freeze she can block it and fcp you. Doing an ex freeze will cover your bases in this case because even if she takes the second hit, the ex freeze will hit her and she cannot block in time
Oh that's meta as hell. Is FCP freeze cancel punish? I've literally never seen that abbreviation before, it's interesting how your Mind just fills in the blanks lol

@boba_buster you sure? Can one of you guys check so we can get the hard word on this?

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Oh that's meta as hell. Is FCP freeze cancel punish? I've literally never seen that abbreviation before, it's interesting how your Mind just fills in the blanks lol

@boba_buster you sure? Can one of you guys check so we can get the hard word on this?
FCP = full combo punish.

I've tested this. It works midscreen. The only time taking the 2nd hit doesn't matter is when they are in the corner vs you.