What's new

my first world problem

which of these titles would you play first?

• Total voters

peachyO

Noob
hope all my lovelies had a safe/joyous/profitable christmas. i did...a bit too much. my family and good friends are well-trained on how to deal with me during the holidays as far as gifts are concerned: video games!!! this year i received a number of them, and here is my first world problem: i don't know which to start with. I am and will always be an MK lifer, but i'm closing in, as most of us are, on two years of playing it non-stop. i won't ever quit, but i think i'm ready to start playing another fighting game as well. these are the games i have received:

street fighter x tekken
king of the fighters XIII
dead or alive 5
ultimate marvel vs capcom 3

in addition, as a belated birthday present, i was given a copy of tekken tag tournament 2. it has remained on my shelf, unopened and collecting dust, since september. so i have 5 fighting games in line to be played and don't know which to start with. will you offer suggestions? i am a tekken fan and am therefore most familiar with ttt2. i have never played any of the marvel vs capcom titles nor king of the fighters (although i used to play fatal fury 2 as a little boy, i think KOF XIII has characters from that franchise), and have never played sf x t. i played DOA2 hardcore very casually years ago.

which of these titles do/would you guys play? which would have characters i could connect with (in MK i like sindel, sheeva, shang, quan, baraka, kitana, kano, jade, mileena, and reptile)? thanks to any and all who respond and help me out. xoxoxo

EDIT: i am picking up DOA5! i tried them all, and i did enjoy them (although KOF 13 is gonna take some work) but DOA5 felt best to me. and i have two mains already!! bass and gen. i REALLY am liking the gameplay, although the game itself has a rather weak story mode imo, no real tutorial, and a weak arcade mode (no endings, cinematics, etc). but the gameplay and graphics are great!! GLoRToR, i will be ready to spar soon!!

TTT2 will be next!!

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I'm hooked on DoA5 right now. The animations are the best in any fighting game available. But the thing that separates DOA from other fighting games is the counter/hold system, which isn't for everyone. And Jann Lee.

KOF13 is balance but the netcode is shit tier

DOA5 netcode is meh tier and the game is alright. It has the best models in any fighting game, not animation. Best animation goes to KOF13 and P4A easily.

Tekken is hard to get into but it has a lot of depth and room for growth. Will help your spacing game.

UMVC3 will help you learn basic airdasher fundamentals. It will improve your reaction greatly if you stick to it. But the netcode is meh tier.

KOF13 also has harder execution, forgot to mention that. You have to be able to link consistently to do combos, otherwise you do poo-poo damage.

I would love to play KOF13 if the online was garbo. But then again I don't really like how rushdown orient KOF13 did compared to KOF98, but its still good. (MAI ALL DAY, DEM TNA)

peachyO

Noob
KOF13 also has harder execution, forgot to mention that. You have to be able to link consistently to do combos, otherwise you do poo-poo damage.

I would love to play KOF13 if the online was garbo. But then again I don't really like how rushdown orient KOF13 did compared to KOF98, but its still good. (MAI ALL DAY, DEM TNA)
raiden is in?! and viable?! YESS!!!!!!!!

This was the tier list in KOF13 that TheAnswer, Bala and Romance gave awhile back. Leona is wayyyy out there because she is an oddball. She isn't bad its just that she plays drastically different. She can punish you anytime you jump if she has meter.

peachyO

Noob
This was the tier list in KOF13 that TheAnswer, Bala and Romance gave awhile back. Leona is wayyyy out there because she is an oddball. She isn't bad its just that she plays drastically different. She can punish you anytime you jump if she has meter.

hehehe they are in agreement with you; it seems that every character is a viable choice if you practice hard. this sounds very exciting...definitely leaning towards KOF and DOA5 right now...

Going to be honest. I only bought DOA5 for the TNA. I don't like the hold system, I don't like the spotty netcode, and I don't like the guess factor that game has innate.

But I do like kasumi, lei, kokoro, pai and sarah so I guess sacrifices had to be made. Also helps that the modeling is top notch.

If I were in your position I would choose UMVC3 + KOF13/TTT2/SFxT.

I love SFxT base gameplay its just the BS things they added that make the game un-fun. 2013 fixes a lot of those issues but who knows what other issues come up.

TTT2 just has a steep learning curve. Also you have to be able to recognize strings that most players use and while learning 3d fundamentals.

KOF13 is just hard to find people to play with. The netcode is ass, and the game is harder/stricter in the execution department so a lot of people don't play. You can't just gattling your way into a combo, most combos are links into normals that can be special cancelable.

peachyO

Noob
Going to be honest. I only bought DOA5 for the TNA. I don't like the hold system, I don't like the spotty netcode, and I don't like the guess factor that game has innate.

But I do like kasumi, lei, kokoro, pai and sarah so I guess sacrifices had to be made. Also helps that the modeling is top notch.

If I were in your position I would choose UMVC3 + KOF13/TTT2/SFxT.

I love SFxT base gameplay its just the BS things they added that make the game un-fun. 2013 fixes a lot of those issues but who knows what other issues come up.

TTT2 just has a steep learning curve. Also you have to be able to recognize strings that most players use and while learning 3d fundamentals.

KOF13 is just hard to find people to play with. The netcode is ass, and the game is harder/stricter in the execution department so a lot of people don't play. You can't just gattling your way into a combo, most combos are links into normals that can be special cancelable.
hehe so the jiggling titties, etc. sucked you in, so to speak. at least you're an honest perv ;)

hehe so the jiggling titties, etc. sucked you in, so to speak. at least you're an honest perv ;)
I thought DOA5 would be good with how much they talked about it... then I realized they didn't do much and left a lot of dumb design choices in. I have to justify my 45dollars somehow. I mean I guess I could say I'm helping the scene by buying the game but that would be BS since I didn't buy VF or SG.

Last time I played DOA5 was when it came out to beat story mode to unlock the characters (why do games make you do this).