What's new

My 1st Tournament Made Possible By TYM and AU_IM_DIGIMON

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Well finally made it out to a tournament, and i must say, it was worth every penny i spent on it.
I didnt play as some of you already know and or are about to see :)
I did this for my 9 year old, as can be seen on this thread :)

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?10322-What-to-do-with-my-sons-skills

When we first got there, AJ was very excited and amazed at the whole deal :D
He was in shock and very nervous, tho he would never admit to it lol
I believe he started casuals with soonk (hope i spelled it right) and he started doing everything backwards lol
finally took him away and started to practice like we do at home, he then started to calm down.
We played some casual matches untill i thought he was ready.
He then Played Soonk again later on, and he was more calmed, and he really liked him and his Scorpion, he also listened to him

and took the advice to heart :)

Enter 16-Bit, the dude is an amazing kitana player, but a great teacher of the game.
He played what i believe was like almost 20 matches with AJ.
Sadly tho, AJ is still in diapers in MK terms lol
according to 16-Bit, AJ by the 5th or so match, learned not to jump at kitana, as she rules the air.
To which he said, that he was impressed by how quick he learned not to jump at her.
AJ won his first biggest win ever against a top player in 16-Bit
Sadly it was 1 out of like 20 lol
But i think 16-Bit actually got to AJ more than I could ever hope to, AJ really listened to him, and took his advice better than he

took it from me, even tho i told him just about the same thing lol

All in all, it was a great event.
And I am glad that I signed up here on TYM, and i mean it, you guys are great.

*****If i forget some one, please forgive me, i met a whole lot of people there, and i may not remember all the names :( *****

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Section
Special Thanks to: 16-Bit
Brother, you are one of a kind.
A true gamer and a true gentleman, out of all the people i got to talk to and or meet on this tournament.
You where by far the most Humble and great person that ive met, I truly appreciate the time you spent with my son teaching him

things that i probably couldnt about the game.
I am in debt to you sir, as my son cannot stop talking about you, and as to how great of a player you are.
I hope to meet again at another tournament :)
Thank you so much brother.
AJ and 16-Bit

Special Thanks to: Hector From NRS
Thanks brother for taking the time to talk to us and show up at events for the master piece you and the gang at NRS have
created.
I truly appreciate the chance to meet you, and I cant wait for whats in store for us :)
Thank you so much for the picture, AJ Wants it framed along with the one with 16-Bit.
Again thanks, for making the wait of 18 years for a good MK game worth it brother :)
AJ and his Bro Nathan With Hector From NRS

Special Thanks to: Soonk
Brother, thank you so much for doing casuals with AJ, he truly loved it and was impressed with your scorpion.
he had nothing but good things to say about you brother :)
we shall meet again sir ;)
Also sorry about no photo, as the one i took was way to blurry to post :(
Special Thanks to: Chauncey
Brother you where by far the most fun out of all of them, you made my time there very entertaining, and the tru talks where
appreciated, trully you are a plus to the scene.
Glad i met you brother :)
Special Thanks to: TYM
If it wasnt for this great place? i would never have had the pleasure and enjoyment of actually being at a tournament.
And I mean that too.
I came here to better myself, and so far i can say that i have, all the info posted here is amazing, and the staff is by far the best
of any site.
Plus i got to meet Webster here, and theres not enough words for me to describe how much me and my kids love that guy.
Truly thank you for running the BEST MK SITE TO DATE, Hands down the BEST :)
Special Thanks to: Evan and Keith and to the staff running the tournament
You guys did a great job running the tournament, heard of some minor stream issues, but that aside....Great job.
Thanks for the encouragement and the well wishes.
You guys really make me want to continue going to events.
Oh and Evan, brother you are to nice and is good to know people like you are still around :)
Special Thanks to: Webster
And last but not least, is my boi Webbs, Where to begin?
From day 1, you have not only encourage me and alex to do well and continue to practice, you saw something in him, that i

didnt even dare to think about lol
You are a great friend and are very much appreciated on us, truly an awesome brother :)
Without your words of encouragement this would not have happened, and as you already well know ;)
I am very appreciative of good people like you.
Thanks again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VIDEO Section.

AJ and 16-Bit Casual matches.
Some may consider these painful to watch, but theres tons of lessons being thought here :)

AJ's First tournament Fights and Loss :( Against Gummo :(

A heres AJ Tasting BLOOD for the very 1st time xD
EDIT: Go here http://www.twitch.tv/focusfirefighters/b/294208799 for the stream in high quality, this specific fight starts at 15:40 on the stream, followed by the Flo fight :)

And here he fights what most of the people i talked to there, to be the best Ermac in the world.
And while he didnt continue after this, he beat Flo one match :D
Not my words just what people where saying, maybe they wanted to make AJ feel not as bad for losing to him lol
And that concludes his run on his very first tournament :)

Coming Soon: AU_IM_DIGIMON (Sheva) VS FLO (Ermac)
Great to see Sheva trash an higer tier character lol
Some Slips (Scorpion) VS DPST Metal (Johnny Cage)
A couple of other fights as well, plus AJ interview :)

As always, thanks for the support :)

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
sounds like you guys had a good time.. nice to hear :D
Oh it was fun, even after they went to bed, my kids that is :D
the people just kept coming up to me and wanting to get to know me and my kid, they showed interest, and thats very much welcomed :)
I and he knows he needs to get better at somethings, certain habits have to change, but i think personally for being his first outing? he did good,
he eliminated some one, and beat flo once...that right there shows me that with more tarining he can be good, and that makes me more proud of him than what i already was of him :)

P.S. Man i havent had that much fun partying afterwards an event since i was a young wipersnapper lol

EDIT: DIGI and Flo.
Heres the first meeting of them 2 when the stream went out, it was a great fight that needed to be shared :) ;)

Digi and Mo went at it casually xD

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
These are the rest of what i will upload, my apologies if the camera work needs improvement lol, i forgot my tripod and i was very tired.
thanks for watching.

Tournament play: Flo vs ???

Tournament Play: 16-Bit vs DPST Metal

Taornament Play: Slips (Scorpion) VS DPST Metal (Johnny Cage)

Hey, Catch!
So great to hear you made it to a tournament!
Glad you guys had an awesome time. I'll be watching those matches as soon as possible man.
PS: I sent you a friend request about a week ago, don't know if you got it.
Have a great day, man.
~Hound.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Hey, Catch!
So great to hear you made it to a tournament!
Glad you guys had an awesome time. I'll be watching those matches as soon as possible man.
PS: I sent you a friend request about a week ago, don't know if you got it.
Have a great day, man.
~Hound.
hey thanks brother, yeah, i dont know if its there, as i tell my kids not to accept anyone with out asking, and i hardly play :(
ill check brother ;)
thanks.

WOW!! its awesome that you and your son got to make a tournament! we have talked many times on pm here and on YT and i'm glad you and your son made an event and had a great time!

nothing but the best brotha.. peace

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
WOW!! its awesome that you and your son got to make a tournament! we have talked many times on pm here and on YT and i'm glad you and your son made an event and had a great time!

nothing but the best brotha.. peace
Thanks Brother, its been a long time coming.
and you and CHECK had a lot of influence on AJ, feels great to have my son compete, it really does.
now we have to keep doing so he can get better at it, and then travel to a major ;)
we where talking seasons beatings, but i have to check deeper into that due to school schedule for him.

Thanks for everything, not just youtube brother ;)

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Glad he had a good tiime. Hope to see you in Milwaukee on the 17th.
haha, thanks brother, it was a blast.
and meeting you,16-bit and hector from nrs? that was just icing on the cake :)
cant wait, and i hope i can make it on the 17 :)

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
This is Alex Jr, Thank you all high level players for liking my videos and wishing me well.
I will try my best to get better and make my Dad proud even more.
Thank you 16bit and all the players I met at the tournament.
Haha that was my kid, hes been reading all the attention hes getting, and like me, hes very appreciative of this community. thanks for all the support :)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Wow, this little kid is good. :) Officially convinced me that he's the best youngest MK player out there. If he's this good now, and only 9 I can only imagine how good he'll get as he and this game evolves in time. :)

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Good stuff catch22!! TLDR though lol, but you must had an amazing time there. Nice vids too!

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Only 9!!! Awesome. Great vids too, the Scorp vs Cage was brilliant. Trying to main Scorp & got some good tips from the vids.