What's new

Must-Know Flawless Block List

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I figured it would be really helpful if we could create a compendium for all canned/easy flawless block situations that are game changers to a matchup. I will update this post with any that I find, please help me out by listing any you've come across. This thread will be a WIP as we find out which FLB's are actually with knowing and labbing for each matchup.

Baraka
F212 - FLB last hit
112 - FLB last hit

Cassie Cage
F343 - FLB last hit

Cetrion
Spring Cleaning: AMP Wall - FLB last hit (gap between wall and AMP wall can be beaten by pokes/s1)

Erron Black
B2U4 - FLB last hit

Frost
B32 - FLB last hit

Kotal Kahn
B223 - FLB last hit
F34 - FLB last hit

Liu Kang
F43U3 - FLB last hit

Raiden
Thunder Wave: Storm Cell - FLB last hit (can also neural duck)

Scorpion
212 - FB last hit
F423 - FB second and last hit

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Kotals B22(Gap)3 is very easy to Flawless Blk.
Kotals F3(Gap)4

On that Raiden db2 storm cell you can stay out of it's range and full combo punish it with long range moves similar to Sub Zero Clone in X.

Evil J

Evil Magistrata
this may be obvious but it hasn't been listed yet. The last hit of Liu's F43U3 string. It can also be interrupted between 3 and u3

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Cetrion's AMP Wall Barrier.

The Gap is so large between her Wall and AMP Wall that you can full combo punish with S1, but if you're lazy it's long enough to just wait and FLB the AMP into full combo. This turns a "I'm only safe up close because of this move and it's pushback" move into a "full combo punish every match I use it so stopped altogether and now nothing is safe" move.

Literal example of a MU changer, as she's arguably the worst in the game up close once you poke/FLB AMP Wall, but if you don't it can be abusable as a false safety crutch.

wsj515

this may be obvious but it hasn't been listed yet. The last hit of Liu's F43U3 string. It can also be interrupted between 3 and u3
I might not list this because the gap is so huge I feel like it should always just be raw punished.

wsj515

If anyone is curious how to test if a string can be flawless blocked; set the AI in training mode to flawless block and attempt the string against them.
Ah I wasn't sure if it would FLB subsequent hits in a string so I've been pausing/changing block mode from normal to flawless after the first hit

Erron Black: F4 Amp (You may have to delay your U2 or settle for U3)
I don't think you can FLB the second hit unless F4 is whiffed

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ah I wasn't sure if it would FLB subsequent hits in a string so I've been pausing/changing block mode from normal to flawless after the first hit

I don't think you can FLB the second hit unless F4 is whiffed
If there is a gap that can be flawless blocked; it will flawless block it. Otherwise, it will just block the remainder of the string.

DeftMonk

Noob
If anyone is curious how to test if a string can be flawless blocked; set the AI in training mode to flawless block and attempt the string against them.
Not sure that this is a viable method as you would have flawless blocked the first hit of the string which would shave recovery frames.

Side note, I was using flawless block u2 for AA as it’s pretty simple to fb a jumping attack then I realized... this game is rediculously easy to AA punish and FB attacks spend twobars of meter. Maybe it would be worth segmenting this into two parts: what is a big enough gap to s1 punish and what is worth FB. Thanks a lot for the heads up on storm cell last hit being a high btw... that move has been annoying the hell out of me.

Last edited:

Evil J

Evil Magistrata
I might not list this because the gap is so huge I feel like it should always just be raw punished.
Fair enough, but I think it's safer to flawless block it because you risk getting parried or fireballed if you try to gap it.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best

iAmOME

Worst NRS player
If there is a gap that can be flawless blocked; it will flawless block it. Otherwise, it will just block the remainder of the string.
What do I set each AI option setting to? I'm not sure how to get the AI to block normally and then flawless block the gaps

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Jacqui: b3,4 (the second hit can be flawless blocked)
b3,2,4 (the last hit is an overhead and can be flawless blocked)