What's new

Must-Have Skins for MK1?

Plop

Noob
I know skins are a bit of a sore subject at the moment. I feel like NRS have intentionally designed ugly and boring alt skins for the main game to get us to pay silly money for DLC skins that should've been in the game day 1.
Deadly Alliance Sub isn't even anywhere near one of my favourite Sub-Zero costumes of all time, but I had to pay £7.99 for it purely because I need my ninjas hooded. I'm a bit of a purist in that regard. Fuck the man-bun, I never wanna see it again.

Anyway, I digress. I've accepted that I'm gonna have to pay for any decent skins going forward, and I've been thinking about the ones I'd like to see. Was wondering what you lot would like to see.

So what's your top 3 most wanted skins for MK1? In fact, let's do 3 main roster and 3 kameo skins.

For me it's:

• Klassic Shang - So, ideally a skin where old Shang would be the klassic MK1 boss Shang and young Shang would be MK2 Shang (or MK3, either would be fine, really)
  • Robo-Smoke - I can't begin to tell you how frustrating it is that this skin is already in the game but I can't use it.
  • Shao fuckin Kahn - Gimme a proper fuckin Shao Kahn skin. I don't even care which version. I don't think the axe is too drastically different that they couldn't just make it a hammer for this skin only. I wanna play this character, but I'm not touching his til he gets a Kahn skin.
as for the kameos:

• MK1 klassic thong Goro - Yes daddy
  • MKX Tremor - I was quite surprised they went with the klassic ninja look for him to be honest. I like it, but I think I'd prefer to see his MKX look. I think MKX is under-represented in this game. It's like it didn't happen.
  • MK9 Kano - I liked Kano's MK9 design cos it was a nice little mishmash of 1 and 3. By that, I mean they took MK3 Kano and gave him MK1 Kano's hair and beard. The skin he has at the moment is actually the complete opposite of that, so it'd be nice to have the best of both worlds.
(If this thread already exists somewhere, I apologise btw)

Last edited:

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Seriously, the only one I care about is ....

I will buy it in a second.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back from this is Mileena's MKX OR MKD default.

I would love a something like this MK11 Sindel outfit or one of her S&M inspired ones from the past

Kameos I could not give a rat's arse about.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
- MK9 Scorpion (which was in MKX and Mk11 too)

- THE FUCKING CLASSIC SKINS FOR REPTILE/SCORPION/SUBZERO/RAIN WHICH ARE ALREADY IN THE GAME SINCE LAUNCH.

- Dunno, maybe Havik's alt from MKD, I always loved that dark priest vibe.

- Kitana's mkx primary.

- Honestly, I'd like the kameos to have skins other than classic ones too. Like triborg cyrax/sektor.

Plop

Noob
MKX and MK:A Rain even if it doesnt fit his mage-ish vibe
MK4 and SM Reptile
Ermac from MK11 krypt
Deception Sub Zero
Reptile and Rain are especially desperate for klassic skins.

I think Reptile actually has the best default in the game, but his alt is so horrifically bad that I think he needs to be paid in compensation.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
Well, I hope they fix the Scorpion and Sub-Zero DA skins. The regular head for Scorpion and a fix for the Sub-Zero head; it looks like a child cosplaying Sub.

Not worth the money, tbh. :laughing:

100% with you on the man bun bs,it looks awfull.
Thank god for modding or i wouldnt be able to play some of these characters.

MKSM shao kahn is something i would really like to see,his cg rendere from it is absolutly badass,and it would go perfectly with a MKSM voice swap mod i made for shao kahm

also MK armageddon reptile would be awesome

Last edited:
Well, I hope they fix the Scorpion and Sub-Zero DA skins. The regular head for Scorpion and a fix for the Sub-Zero head; it looks like a child cosplaying Sub.

Not worth the money, tbh. :laughing:
the thing about the DA sub skin is that the ears from the base face model of subzero are too wide(flappy),so they are super pronounced with the hood on as they designed the cowel model around it wich makea it look goofy.I originally attempted to flatten the cowel not knowing that the cowel was deaigned areound the face model,thinking it would solve the issue,but then the ears were fully visable ingame sticking through the cowle hahah.The thing thats also bad is the fact that the mask you get when you buy the skin is not modeled properly and on one side you can see every once and a while subs cheeks starting to clip through it.

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
MKX and MK:A Rain even if it doesnt fit his mage-ish vibe
MK4 and SM Reptile
Ermac from MK11 krypt
Deception Sub Zero
As bad as mk4 reptile was at the time I think it would look sick in this game.
-mk4 reiko
-Hooded havik alt from MKD like someone else said would be money too complete with skull face
-mk9 ermac and smoke (lmao)
-human cyrax and sektor
-all shaolin monks skins
-mk2 shang
-Jax mkda with the beret not the gangsta one lol
-big hat ashrah

Kintaro skin for goro kameo would be sick esp if they had the announcer say kintaro when he’s your chosen skin. Same with Jarek for Kano.

I know skins are a bit of a sore subject at the moment. I feel like NRS have intentionally designed ugly and boring alt skins for the main game to get us to pay silly money for DLC skins that should've been in the game day 1.
Deadly Alliance Sub isn't even anywhere near one of my favourite Sub-Zero costumes of all time, but I had to pay £7.99 for it purely because I need my ninjas hooded. I'm a bit of a purist in that regard. Fuck the man-bun, I never wanna see it again.

Anyway, I digress. I've accepted that I'm gonna have to pay for any decent skins going forward, and I've been thinking about the ones I'd like to see. Was wondering what you lot would like to see.

So what's your top 3 most wanted skins for MK1? In fact, let's do 3 main roster and 3 kameo skins.

For me it's:

• Klassic Shang - So, ideally a skin where old Shang would be the klassic MK1 boss Shang and young Shang would be MK2 Shang (or MK3, either would be fine, really)
  • Robo-Smoke - I can't begin to tell you how frustrating it is that this skin is already in the game but I can't use it.
  • Shao fuckin Kahn - Gimme a proper fuckin Shao Kahn skin. I don't even care which version. I don't think the axe is too drastically different that they couldn't just make it a hammer for this skin only. I wanna play this character, but I'm not touching his til he gets a Kahn skin.
as for the kameos:

• MK1 klassic thong Goro - Yes daddy
  • MKX Tremor - I was quite surprised they went with the klassic ninja look for him to be honest. I like it, but I think I'd prefer to see his MKX look. I think MKX is under-represented in this game. It's like it didn't happen.
  • MK9 Kano - I liked Kano's MK9 design cos it was a nice little mishmash of 1 and 3. By that, I mean they took MK3 Kano and gave him MK1 Kano's hair and beard. The skin he has at the moment is actually the complete opposite of that, so it'd be nice to have the best of both worlds.
(If this thread already exists somewhere, I apologise btw)
They already have Shao’s hammer built into the game. In story (I think second to last chapter) when you fight old timeline shao he has a hammer instead of an axe.

Havik - Deception. Want to see him more skeleton (the new skin released from him is ok for now but I like the classic Havik look better)

Nitara - I saw a pic on X not sure if it’s real or not but it’s her in the Invasions skin but with her hair in a bun that looked really cool

Sub - any! I will buy any SZ skin, sorry not sorry

Smoke - definitely robot smoke. Maybe classic ninja look too (I do like his hooded alt in this game though)

Scorpion - same as Sub, gotta show love to the OG’s

Reptile - I feel like you can’t really do any of his reptilian skins from previous games since he transforms mid-move into his reptile form so I think his skins have to be human. That being said, the classic is always a good look.

Raiden - wouldn’t mind having an old man/Dark Raiden skin

Shang - love your idea. Old MK1, young MK2 combo

Mileena - honestly I’m not feeling her design in this game. I like her MKDA look, MK11, any of those would be cool

Tanya - needs to have an MK4 skin. Pretty sure they’ll for sure release this one

Ermac - krypt skin would be sick

Rain - I love Rain. But i don’t like the direction they took with him. I prefer the ninjas and I’m not huge on his mage design :(

Sektor/Cyrax - need the MK9 robot skins but will probably get these when they come out in KP2

Goro - original MK1 look or give him Kintaro skin unless Kintaro is future DLC

Jax - MKX or 11 military look

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Sub: MK3/MKDA unmasked costume

Sub: MKX main costume with white eyes

Shao: MK2/3 inspired. Give him green energy and a hammer

Honorable mention: UMK3 Scorpion

As for the kameos, give them all of the classic costumes, especially MK1 (pantsless) Goro.

Art Lean

Noob
From previous games:

Main roster -

* MK (1992) ninjas for Scorpion, Sub Zero, Smoke, Reptile, Ermac and Rain. They've never recaptured that baggy 'Enter the Ninja' classic look from MK1 even when they attempted it in MK9 (the hoods were all wrong and far too tight), would love to see that finally done justice.
That said I'll be happy with MK2 style skins across the board, even UMK3 (unlike most fans I don't like these ones anywhere near as much though) as long as I can have them looking 'classic' when I feel the need.

* MK9 Sub Zero alt. skin with the Tang-suit styled fastenings up the center.

* MK9 Smoke's alt. skin with the same Tang-suit styled fastenings.

* MK3 Cyber Smoke, because obviously. As EA would say, "it's in the game."

* Ashrah's Deception skin, I want huge hat with huge veil

* If the female ninjas get MK2 or UMK3 skins again, I'd love for Tanya to get one too (complete with mask), like Skarlet got in MK11

Kameos -

* Stryker - Definitely either of his MK9's outfits or to a lesser extent even his alternate Armageddon outfit, just so he actually looks like a tactical SWAT officer, rather than some cosplaying pot-bellied clown in an stripy t-shirt.

* Kung Lao - The Great Kung Lao

* Cyrax and Sektor - MK9 human forms

* Sareena - MK Mythologies, indeed she could cycle her outfits between all three of the shadow sisters.

Fantasy wishlist from the MK extended media -

* MK95 movie skins for Sub Zero, Reptile and Scorpion, as well as Kano kameo

* MK21 movie skins (with accompany voice packs) for Sub Zero, Mileena and Nitara (that way she'd be mute). Would also happily enjoy MK21 kameo skins for Jax, Kano and Sonya.

* MK2 live-action TV advert skins for Sub Zero, Scorpion and Shao Kahn.

* MK Conquest Shao Kahn (and maybe Shang Tsung)

* MK Legacy skins for Kitana, Mileena, season 2 Scorpion and Kano (just for a completely refreshing visual take on the character)

* MKX comic athletic wear for Frost

* MK Legends: Cage Match skins for Johnny Cage and sexy power-80s Ashrah. Just ask yourself... WWJCD?

Last edited:
the amount of disrespect for kintaro in this thread is insane.

a kameo skin really?

kintaro should be a full character finally after all this time or at the very least his own kameo charactet not be regulated to a kameo skin for goro lol

Last edited:

NoCharge

Noob
the amount of disrespect for kintaro in this thread is insane.

a kameo skin really?

kintaro should be a full character finally after all this time or at the very least his own kameo charactet not be regulated to a kameo skin for goro lol
I would love that. But very unlikely, so at least as a skin.

Plop

Noob
Yeah I'd love to see Kintaro in any shape or form really. I had my fingers crossed that he was gonna be the pre-order DLC