What's new

Muffin Muggers vs Ts Sabin (nice matches)

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
First of all, I think you need to get off my forum. Because This is CLEARLY not an ego post. TS Sabin is a great player, and imo, I think Ts Sabin and I were even. And fyi, I was starting to adapt to his play style, and with the new pressure I implied onto the game Im pretty sure He was a bit wow'd or got pissed at it. Sure, I could say I have more advanced techs, but Sabin is VERY good to sticking with the fundamentals and it canceled out. Your post was pretty Ignorant, considering no where in my post it says "I am so much better than sabin". I think you are the one with ego here, considering you can't get out of Sabins Pants.
I'm not trying to be a dick but you guys are playing online and it was even stated that it was laggy. You can't compare yourself to another player based on online matches, especially one that has already placed well in tournaments. The game plays totally different offline and a lot of those mix ups really aren't useful against good players. Have you used any of this stuff offline? From what I gather you pretty much only play online and theirs nothing wrong with that but don't put yourself on the level of another player based on laggy netplay.

32 invis/321 invis and ect have been explored months ago when the game first came out and were proven to be gimmicky and unreliable especially against good players. A friend of mine that I play at home is average at best and punishes all that stuff on reaction if I ever try it.

Again I'm not trying to start any bullshit or anything, I'm just saying whats up. Honestly I would put my money on sabin if you guys were to play offline. If you get involved with a scene I'm sure you'll see what I'm saying.

I think your reptile needs improvement muffin, just being honest. What I saw was horrible meter management on your behalf, too many unnecessary EX moves, breakers at the wrong time, just bad meter management in general. I also saw lots of senseless dashing and sliding. Alot of the stuff you did would get you killed offline instantly, but seeing as how that was online, I'm assuming the lag protected you. Very hard to judge those matches seeing as how online is a laggy POS.

I'm not trying to be a dick but you guys are playing online and it was even stated that it was laggy. You can't compare yourself to another player based on online matches, especially one that has already placed well in tournaments. The game plays totally different offline and a lot of those mix ups really aren't useful against good players. Have you used any of this stuff offline? From what I gather you pretty much only play online and theirs nothing wrong with that but don't put yourself on the level of another player based on laggy netplay.

32 invis/321 invis and ect have been explored months ago when the game first came out and were proven to be gimmicky and unreliable especially against good players. A friend of mine that I play at home is average at best and punishes all that stuff on reaction if I ever try it.

Again I'm not trying to start any bullshit or anything, I'm just saying whats up. Honestly I would put my money on sabin if you guys were to play offline. If you get involved with a scene I'm sure you'll see what I'm saying.
I'm aware that this is online, and as a matter of fact, I have used these Mix ups and such at a casual Tournament.
I placed 4th, and 32 invis 321 needs to be used randomly, because they need to predict: am I going to use it, or am I going for a full 321? If they react a bit late I could get a free combo, just remember, a lot of online players play a whole lot different offline as well! and Citizensnips just used these mixups at a tournament and placed 2nd! He says they work great if you always change up your mix ups. And don't worry, I dont think your starting bullshit.. its just an opinion.

[MENTION=4634]GodsLonelyman[/MENTION] On my opinion, I rewatched everything and I never saw an uneccesary Breakers at the wrong time. I saw a couple unecessary Ex moves, which is going to happen to everyone. I find that since I play a strong rush down reptile, I don't need to worry about my meter, its just a different play style, and you have your opinions and I have mine, but I think I will do Whats working for me, but thanks. And, There wasn't even much lag. If there was a lot of lag, i couldn't do half of the combos I was doing.

SaJa

FH_FenriR

+1, and imo muffin does too many elbow dash to win, that wouldn't work offline. Also, Sabin doesn't do "casual" tournament, but only pros'. Saying that your level is even from Sabin is pretty arrogant, you are ages behind.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Lol people need to chill out. He just wanted to post some matches against Sabin, he didn't say he was better or anything so there is no need to blow him up. If Sabin has a problem with it, he will say so. Otherwise, just take the matches for what they are and enjoy watching them.

+1, and imo muffin does too many elbow dash to win, that wouldn't work offline. Also, Sabin doesn't do "casual" tournament, but only pros'. Saying that your level is even from Sabin is pretty arrogant, you are ages behind.
Considering saying Im AGES behind Sabin is arrogant, because I obviously am aware of many more mix ups than him. but hey, blame the underdog, the guy you don't even know, thats what I would do as well. have you ever seen me play offline? No. I think that post was a bit exaggerated, no? I always knew that Tourny players where always hyped up. and yeah, I agree [MENTION=5473]Zoidberg747[/MENTION]. Take it for what it is. but, if you think im ages behind Sabin, your blind. I know this for a fact: My rush down is better, his Zoning is better than mine, but the question is, what wins most match ups? Because you gotta take it in Specifically: what times do I rush in, what times do I not? And, Elbow Dash is a tool. Im still doing 1-2 big Combos per round, that are 35%+s with the mix ups. So, chill out bro. And please don't critic my reptile, I've never even seen you, or heard about your Reptile. Thanks. I'd like the Really really good people to critic my reptile. Because they will know what they are talking about.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Considering saying Im AGES behind Sabin is arrogant, because I obviously am aware of many more mix ups than him. but hey, blame the underdog, the guy you don't even know, thats what I would do as well. have you ever seen me play offline? No. I think that post was a bit exaggerated, no? I always knew that Tourny players where always hyped up. and yeah, I agree [MENTION=5473]Zoidberg747[/MENTION]. Take it for what it is. but, if you think im ages behind Sabin, your blind. I know this for a fact: My rush down is better, his Zoning is better than mine, but the question is, what wins most match ups? Because you gotta take it in Specifically: what times do I rush in, what times do I not? And, Elbow Dash is a tool. Im still doing 1-2 big Combos per round, that are 35%+s with the mix ups. So, chill out bro.
Muffinmuggers. I don't have anything against you, but it's simply dishonest to go around claiming you're on or above the level of someone who has proven themself at many tournaments. Sabin has done consistently well at pretty much every tournament he's been to, which are not flukes considering the caliber of players in the NY scene and majors. If you think your rushdown is better, come to a major and prove it, because online talk is just online talk.

Reppymc

Banned
[MENTION=5442]rev0lver[/MENTION] well, I think the matches clearly proove that muffins Rush down definitly kicked Sabin in the but.. And then there were times where Sabin stuck to zoning for a win.. but the last match, Sabin definitly got Blown up. Hes claiming they are pretty much even, Which I couldn't disagree with, But after the last match i give muffin a 5.1 Advanage over sabin because I dont care who you are, the match is a match. @[vsm] Scott Magee Okay, lets get real, It clearly was not lagging. and look, I can tell Sabin wanted an excuse for lag, I was watching and he wasn't doing the DIsable foreground elements code, or no blood. I think im gonna side with muffin here, I watch the stream live as well. 32invis321 Is definitly not gimickky, I've see people wreck me at tournaments with it.. Anyways, muffin, good matches I wanna see more from you, don't listen to these kids [MENTION=7158]Muffinmuggers[/MENTION]

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I dont care who you are, online is online.
Fixed for you.

You are kidding yourself if you think an online match actually proves something. Even with the least laggy matches you can have, there's still more lag than playing offline. Even if online was 100% lag free, they're casual matches. We see the VSM guys blow each other up every week, but only CD jr and REO have been winning the tournaments recently.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Muffinmuggers. I don't have anything against you, but it's simply dishonest to go around claiming you're on or above the level of someone who has proven themself at many tournaments. Sabin has done consistently well at pretty much every tournament he's been to, which are not flukes considering the caliber of players in the NY scene and majors. If you think your rushdown is better, come to a major and prove it, because online talk is just online talk.
This. If you honestly think Sabin is playing his A game online, you're fooling yourself. Play him offline, please. I'm so tired of this endless moronic debate. Nothing can be proved online, nothing.

I would like to see you in a local tournament, Muffin. I'd especially like to see you in a major. By no means do I think you're a bad Reptile; but we wanna see you perform offline.

I find that since I play a strong rush down reptile, I don't need to worry about my meter.
I'm sorry, man. But this, this right here is ignorance. What happens if you face CD Jr's Jax in the corner? You'll be pleading for those 2 bars to magically pop up.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
[MENTION=5442]rev0lver[/MENTION] [vsm] Scott Magee Okay, lets get real, It clearly was not lagging. and look, I can tell Sabin wanted an excuse for lag, I was watching and he wasn't doing the DIsable foreground elements code, or no blood. I think im gonna side with muffin here, I watch the stream live as well. 32invis321 Is definitly not gimickky, I've see people wreck me at tournaments with it.. Anyways, muffin, good matches I wanna see more from you, don't listen to these kids [MENTION=7158]Muffinmuggers[/MENTION]
How can you tell how much input lag the game had from watching a video? It's not possible. Theres always a significant amount of input lag when playing online. Also nobody is telling him he cant post video's.

BookBurning

Voidwards
There's too many factors in play when it comes to online to accurately tell where a player stands in terms of skill level but it's still not impossible to gauge or atleast get an idea. I've personally played Muffin alot and although, like people are saying, that online can be pretty shitty and that it doesn't prove anything, I have played him enough to atleast have a feeling that if he did attend a tournament, he could place well if he put his A game on. That's just my two cents.

When I finally get the money to go to a reputable major, I hope to test my own skill with Rain as well in a true offline setting and I have a feeling that I can do well also; I guess we'll both eventually be seeing just how far online has truly gotten us or we'll get blown up in the process.

Regardless though besides the claims of who is better, this was an enjoyable match and video. Good work Muffin.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Muffin, instead of compare yourself with a pro gamer I suggest you show what you can do offline. Waiting that, don't show us video to say "hey I beat him" (I'm pretty sure that was the point even if you won't say it ;) ) especially when we all know that reptile elbow dash are kind of broken in online (and you do so many rdm elbow).

Also, you probably played your life against a player who was just trying to do some stuffs on his stream (watch Sabin offline tournament reptile vs reptile you will see he isn't the same player you played with).

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
[MENTION=5442]rev0lver[/MENTION] well, I think the matches clearly proove that muffins Rush down definitly kicked Sabin in the but.. And then there were times where Sabin stuck to zoning for a win.. but the last match, Sabin definitly got Blown up. Hes claiming they are pretty much even, Which I couldn't disagree with, But after the last match i give muffin a 5.1 Advanage over sabin because I dont care who you are, the match is a match. @[vsm] Scott Magee Okay, lets get real, It clearly was not lagging. and look, I can tell Sabin wanted an excuse for lag, I was watching and he wasn't doing the DIsable foreground elements code, or no blood. I think im gonna side with muffin here, I watch the stream live as well. 32invis321 Is definitly not gimickky, I've see people wreck me at tournaments with it.. Anyways, muffin, good matches I wanna see more from you, don't listen to these kids [MENTION=7158]Muffinmuggers[/MENTION]
Lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Muffin, instead of compare yourself with a pro gamer I suggest you show what you can do offline. Waiting that, don't show us video to say "hey I beat him" (I'm pretty sure that was the point even if you won't say it ;) ) especially when we all know that reptile elbow dash are kind of broken in online (and you do so many rdm elbow).

Also, you probably played your life against a player who was just trying to do some stuffs on his stream (watch Sabin offline tournament reptile vs reptile you will see he isn't the same player you played with).
Excuse me? First of all, don't put words in my mouth. I did not upload this to show "oh I beat him" I literally put this up so people could look at the mix ups That i've created to portray how they work, because this was done off an Capture card, I record with a camera. Might as well take advantage of it because he used it on Live stream, no difference right? Okay. I think you really need to get your facts straight. And get off this thread because your Assuming will only do two things: make an ass out of you, and me. So, Get off this thread. All i've seen from you on this thread is constant shit, and I'm not going to reply to it, or Bother putting up with it. Good day. And grow up a bit.

How can you tell how much input lag the game had from watching a video? It's not possible. Theres always a significant amount of input lag when playing online. Also nobody is telling him he cant post video's.
>.> idk why ReppyMC is trying to speak for me. anyways, there wasn't really much lag. I wouldn't have been able to do any of my combos if it were. but anyways, w/e.

Pretty good matches, thanks for uploading them.

In my opinion you did a great job overall, however I noticed that you dropped a few combos at the end in terms using slide too early at the end of the combos and dropped the 321 dash njb a few times (no problem though it's not the easiest thing in the world, especially online).

People saying his dashes were too many and the 32 invis mix-up is worthless are clowns. Not because those are great things to do, but he (TS Sabin) wasn't punishing anything, so why not continue to do it? You adapt to your opponent and use what works. Yeah, the 32 invis isn't a great mix-up but if it's working go for it, it could throw someone off if you don't overuse it.

Maybe the meter management wasn't the best in terms of unnecessary ex moves but I didn't see any point in the match where he lost due to poor meter management so, again, who cares.

Again, good job and continue to put in that work bro.

I'll never get this shit about not being able to compare yourself to someone by playing online...If I get bodied 15 times in a row by someone online or offline I'm obviously a worse player then they are...Yeah, maybe TS Sabin would win more offline, but I don't think he would dominate him all of a sudden...i mean jesus christ give the guy a little bit of credit. I mean, FFS it was a mirror match...they both played against the same bullshit online reptile.

I will agree offline is more legit but online isn't worthless in terms of comparing skill levels.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
There's too many factors in play when it comes to online to accurately tell where a player stands in terms of skill level but it's still not impossible to gauge or atleast get an idea. I've personally played Muffin alot and although, like people are saying, that online can be pretty shitty and that it doesn't prove anything, I have played him enough to atleast have a feeling that if he did attend a tournament, he could place well if he put his A game on. That's just my two cents.

When I finally get the money to go to a reputable major, I hope to test my own skill with Rain as well in a true offline setting and I have a feeling that I can do well also; I guess we'll both eventually be seeing just how far online has truly gotten us or we'll get blown up in the process.

Regardless though besides the claims of who is better, this was an enjoyable match and video. Good work Muffin.
Your rain would surprise many and u would do really well