What's new

Tech MU Specific Anti Wake-Up

Green lantern's jump 3 blows up a good amount of wakeups or trades with
Sinestro arachnid sting
All of superman's wakeups
GL's lantern's might
All of DD's wakeups besides air grab
Just giving a few examples but jump should be added to the anti wake up tech also.
So you're saying after 223 TS do a ji3? What about MMH's wakeup? I didnt buy him so i cant test it myself.

Sinestro arachnid sting
GL's lantern's might
Just giving a few examples but jump should be added to the anti wake up tech also.
It's already listed as a follow up option in the BnB thread, but I can add it to this one.

Sinestro arachnid sting
GL's lantern's might
Ok. I've added a JI3/NJ3 section.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I have to test this myself. This going to be great. Also how are you getting f3 after 223TS, or is this only in the corner? Also you spoke about the correct window after turbine with the s2 stuffing wake ups. Is it immediately after turbine or is some sort of specific window, and if there is, is it as much of pain to learn as the standing 2 reset?

I have to test this myself. This going to be great. Also how are you getting f3 after 223TS, or is this only in the corner?
It hits (or makes them whiff) their wake-up attacks. So it's a read and not really something to just throw out. F3 on whiff for GL is 28 (I think) frames recovery.

Endeavor

It hits (or makes them whiff) their wake-up attacks. So it's a read and not really something to just throw out. F3 on whiff for GL is 28 (I think) frames recovery.
What about the window? refer to my previous post for the rest of my question lol. You responded before I could finish my edit.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
It's nice but I have something I am going to use some day at a tournament. This tech stays in the bag of tricks till that day though.

Endeavor

It's really just something you have to play around with on your own. It's definitely not immediately and some wake-ups require different timings.
Hmm, that sounds irritating. Though still worth looking into. I honestly don't like doing the turbine oki that much but I may start using it more. Idk learning the timing for a bunch of different wake ups that my opponent may or may not do is trouble some but ultimately worth it. How did this set up turn out with 123 turbine?

Hmm, that sounds irritating. Though still worth looking into. I honestly don't like doing the turbine oki that much but I may start using it more. Idk learning the timing for a bunch of different wake ups that my opponent may or may not do is trouble some but ultimately worth it. How did this set up turn out with 123 turbine?
I think it will come into play further down the road in the game. If you notice there are some consistancies on which one you should do to whom. It's definitely something that's going to take a lot of practice and good reads.

I posted about the 123 TS set-up yesterday. If they tech roll, sometimes it can change which side you expect to be on. In that case if you, let's say go for a follow up B1 you'll end up just doing a whiffed standing 1. If they don't tech roll it messes with the timing because they stay down longer than even the 223. You could try doing a follow up and it completely whiffs while they're still on the ground.

So I don't know for sure. I'm still open to nearly everything so I'm going to play with it more.

Urtog

Noob
You have to respect her teleport since nothing except a MB F3 will stuff it.
Oa's rocket meter burn will work against it. You just have to be quick and use it right when you land from turbine. It will also catch ares' teleport.

Also for a loss of 2% you can end the combo with 22 turbine, you will end up slightly farther away. OR will still catch smoke bomb but it will also catch her cartwheel. When testing it against her cartwheel I noticed sometimes instead of blasting her into the air she stops and stays standing and you might be able to do 123 or 223 to start a new combo before she recovers.

What do you think, is it better than just respecting her wakeups if you have the meter?

Oa's rocket meter burn will work against it. You just have to be quick and use it right when you land from turbine. It will also catch ares' teleport.

Also for a loss of 2% you can end the combo with 22 turbine, you will end up slightly farther away. OR will still catch smoke bomb but it will also catch her cartwheel. When testing it against her cartwheel I noticed sometimes instead of blasting her into the air she stops and stays standing and you might be able to do 123 or 223 to start a new combo before she recovers.

What do you think, is it better than just respecting her wakeups if you have the meter?
223 is an untechable knockdown. It's the best ender string for Lantern's set-ups. Sometimes in FGs you have to respect things. With 22 TS they can tech roll and end up closer to you before the wake-up and OR possibly not catching them. Best to conserve meter than use it on a maybe. But that's my philosophy in FGs. Other players may think differently and it may work for them.

Urtog

Noob
223 is an untechable knockdown. It's the best ender string for Lantern's set-ups. Sometimes in FGs you have to respect things. With 22 TS they can tech roll and end up closer to you before the wake-up and OR possibly not catching them. Best to conserve meter than use it on a maybe. But that's my philosophy in FGs. Other players may think differently and it may work for them.
Yea your right I totally forgot about it being techable without the 3. Well good thing no one online tech rolls so It still might be usefull to me lol.