What's new

Mr. Bruno vs. Poto MK11 Breakdown from PND Ketchup/Killer Xinok

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Killer Xinok, one of the best players in the South American NRS scene, has some high-level MK11 matches uploaded on his Youtube channel featuring some of the other players from the region. On his side of things, he has his own commentary and insights as to what's going on. BUT, for those of us who don't speak Portuguese, Xinok has let known English speaker PND Ketchup do a breakdown of these matches on the Condiment Bros' channel.

The match-up is Mr. Bruno's Geras against Poto's Sonya. To be clear, this is based on the old build that's public knowledge, so you aren't going to find out about some new stage or Geras' secret clock reversal brutality. What you will see is some tech and game-play from two players you probably aren't familiar with if you are aren't from the South American FGC. If you are, then you get to see these two play with Xinok or Ketchup explaining the nuance behind what's going on. If you've seen this, then I've got nothing for you, stop yelling at me :(. Anywhos, I'll drop both videos down below, so you are covered whatever your preference of language is.

Killer Xinok's Commentary:

PND Ketchup's Commentary:

Did they speed up forward dashes in this build of the game? I noticed one part around 4:42 where Sonya jumps, dashes forward, and does another jump. The dash inbetween was super short (almost like it's duration was canceled by the jump) and super fast.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Some of the video was sped up forsure. Also Sonya seems like a 50/50 safe fest... great
I obviously can't speak for the final build of the game, but for this build they are playing on, she is definitely not safe with the 50/50 string she is using.

Jabs in the demo build generally start up in 6 or 7 frames, meaning the overhead is jab-string punishable if she finishes the string for the launch or if she just stops at the overhead part.

The fact that Mr. Bruno isn't punishing it is because they literally just picked up the game.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Mr.Bruno Poto2222 you guys are officially Hollywood (or Rio?)
Dude, I'm Hollywood 24/7. :cool:

And yeah, like I mentioned on both videos, I basically only knew one single string for Sonya at the time of that recording (less than 2 hours of practice), so I'm very sorry for that awful gameplay. :(
At least Bruno was doing some neat stuff with Geras!

Alec

Noob
Dude, I'm Hollywood 24/7. :cool:

And yeah, like I mentioned on both videos, I basically only knew one single string for Sonya at the time of that recording (less than 2 hours of practice), so I'm very sorry for that awful gameplay. :(
At least Bruno was doing some neat stuff with Geras!
Lol, what awful gameplay? Your "hour 2" combos were pretty sick, and you were doing other interesting stuff, like trying to capitalize on the lack of defensive bars after the "breakaway" mechanic, mostly just throws, but it was 2 hours. Some good whiff punishing too, and Sonya is supposed to have less range, according to 16 bit.

@Mr.Bruno Geras with an interesting gameplan and that sick conversion too. All in all, very enjoyable matches dudes

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Wow, great games. Geras looks to be such an interesting character. The time reversal reset has so much potential. Can't wait to see what players will do with it when the game is actually out. Otherwise, Sonya's mix looks great, we're seeing combos and almost no zoning at all. Definetely made me more hype for the game.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm excited for Sonya. That 30% crush counter on her projectile is going to make people so salty. Do we know what triggers it?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm excited for Sonya. That 30% crush counter on her projectile is going to make people so salty. Do we know what triggers it?
Don't quote me on this, but I THINK you need to connect with 3 ring tosses (or whatever her projectile is called now) and if a ring toss connects as a counter hit, it triggers the Krush. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

D

Deleted member 59910

Don't quote me on this, but I THINK you need to connect with 3 ring tosses (or whatever her projectile is called now) and if a ring toss connects as a counter hit, it triggers the Krush. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
@Poto2222 can you confirm?

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
@Poto2222 can you confirm?
I honestly have no clue how to trigger it. lol

I remember once triggering it in the very beginning of the first round when the opponent was jumping on the other side of the screen. And it wasn't a counter hit or a punish, not to mention it was the second ring toss in that match, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I reeeeeaaaally hope NRS drop the "ehrmegherd itz a secretz guise" mentality behind Krushing Blow requirements and list them on the move list in the final game so we can lab this stuff. I can see how this kind of thing add value to Brutalities as they're just things that look cool and have no impact on the match itself, so finding secret ones make them even more exciting, but when it's a mechanic that leads to 30% damage for free? Hell no, I'd rather have them listed so we can learn characters and matchups efficiently.

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I've always just assumed that they'd be listing the Krushing Blows in the move list somewhere. For a mechanic that powerful and important at a competative level it'd be a really strange choice to keep them "secret" and force players to discover and suss out the Krushing Blows for themselves.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I've always just assumed that they'd be listing the Krushing Blows in the move list somewhere. For a mechanic that powerful and important at a competative level it'd be a really strange choice to keep them "secret" and force players to discover and suss out the Krushing Blows for themselves.
I really hope they add this. In the Kombat Kasts, they've described them as a more or less tactical component of the game, thinking about when or when not to use them. If the conditions are unkown, it's more of a random factor. Sure, someone will figure it out and put it online. But that's just unnecessary extra work for the same result.

Last edited: