What's new

Moves that force wakeup

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It turns out that there are moves in MKx that force a quicker wake up. I figured why not have a list of all moves that do this for reference. I don't know them all so please post any you know of and I'll update the OP.

Cassie:
B2121+2 (cancelled so only the first hit comes out.)

D'vorah:

Ermac:

Erron Black:

Ferra Torr:

Goro:

Jacqui:

Jason:

Jax:

Johnny Cage:

Kano:

Kenshi:

Kitana:

Kotal Kahn:

Kung Jin:

Kung Lao:

Mileena:
U3

Predator:

Quan Chi:

Raiden:

Reptile:

Scorpion:

Shinnok:

Sonya:
Command Grab

Sub Zero:

Takeda:

Tanya:

Tremor:

It turns out that there are moves in MKx that force a quicker wake up. I figured why not have a list of all moves that do this for reference. I don't know them all so please post any you know of and I'll update the OP.

Cassie:
B2121+2 (cancelled so only the first hit comes out.)

D'vorah:

Ermac:

Erron Black:

Ferra Torr:

Goro:

Jacqui:

Jason:

Jax:

Johnny Cage:

Kano:

Kenshi:

Kitana:

Kotal Kahn:

Kung Jin:

Kung Lao:

Mileena:
U3

Predator:

Quan Chi:

Raiden:

Reptile:

Scorpion:

Shinnok:

Sonya:
Command Grab

Sub Zero:

Takeda:

Tanya:

Tremor:
Could you explain what you mean by 'force a quicker wake up'? Do you mean that they prevent delayed wake ups, or make the standard knock down time shorter?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Could you explain what you mean by 'force a quicker wake up'? Do you mean that they prevent delayed wake ups, or make the standard knock down time shorter?
It's odd. I guess the best way is to say "you can't do a full delayed wakeup".

But I think some moves also do the latter too and make you get up quicker without rolling. Part of the reason I made the thread was to see if there was any other odd wakeup timings caused by moves.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
its a quickstand. basically it forces your opponent to get up faster off the ground making them have less frames to wakeup. for example in injustice if you did 2 down 2s in a combo it quickstands them.

It's odd. I guess the best way is to say "you can't do a full delayed wakeup".

But I think some moves also do the latter too and make you get up quicker without rolling. Part of the reason I made the thread was to see if there was any other odd wakeup timings caused by moves.
its a quickstand. basically it forces your opponent to get up faster off the ground making them have less frames to wakeup. for example in injustice if you did 2 down 2s in a combo it quickstands them.