What's new

Most lopsided match-up in the game?

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
If you don't play goro- STFU

I guarantee more than half of you posting 'goro lolz" have never played a competent goro let alone labbed the mus

haketh

Noob
no goro doesnt have any moves remember you pick him and he just dies on the select screen and you lose remember? Everyone has already labbed every option in every mu and goro gets bodied 10 0 by the whole cast
This is a huge problem with the community lol

I mean yeah KL vs Goro is a bad MU but it doesn't feel like death and reasons like J2 aren't why he struggles lmao.

Wigy

There it is...
I think we have to face facts that, no matter how some of us might hate it, we need to learn two or more different types of characters/variations for certain match ups. that's just my opinion :coffee:
Very few characters even have more than one viable variation

Also, for me all my variations get zoned out pretty horribly. Stunt double is marginally better in a very select few.

Basically you gotta have a secondary if you play cage

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Also, for me all my variations get zoned out pretty horribly. Stunt double is marginally better in a very select few.

Kung Jin, Quan Chi, Cassie, Erron Black, Jax, Kenshi, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Sonya, Scorpion, Shinnok, Tanya, Predator...

That's more than 'very few'.

Kung Jin, Quan Chi, Cassie, Jax, Kenshi, Sonya, Predator and Tanya have 3 viable variations even...

Last edited:

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
Kung Jin, Quan Chi, Cassie, Erron Black, Jax, Kenshi, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Sonya, Scorpion, Shinnok, Tanya, Predator...

Kung Jin, Quan Chi, Cassie, Jax, Kenshi, Sonya, Predator and Tanya have 3 viable variations even...

Mileena, Reptile,
You can add Ferra/Torr to that list

And in all seriousness I feel Quan Summoner vs CO Sonya is one of the weirdest match ups in the game. If Quan gains momentum then he just steam rolls but the same can also be said for Sonya. This match up can appear to be anywhere from a 5-5 to a 9-1 in either's favour depending on if either one gains momentum early.
Well, he did get his nuts stomped down by her canon wise.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You can add Ferra/Torr to that list
Mileena, reptile and F/T were the last 3 I was considering, (because they have 2-3 variations which are equally as good as each other) but I avoided doing so because whether or not they are "viable" is still up for debate. They're decent enough anyways.

The only characters I would say who don't have 2-3 viable variations are

Goro, Jacqui, Ermac (although @GGA N1k0lasss made mystic look decent), Raiden (MoS does look viable but is completely out shadowed by TG), D'Vorah (Again, venomous and Brood Mother are viable but are completely out shadowed by SQ), Kotal, Takeda and Jason (although admittedly I know very little about Jason).

Wigy

There it is...

Yeah you're right.

But generally there is always one that stands out way above the others and annoying the variations don't cover holes in matchups

WATCHD0G

Noob

The struggle is real man :(

FT Vicious vs. GM Sub is pretty bad. Then again, my overall matchup experience in the game is limited mostly to characters that I play, so not sure how bad it is in the big picture.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I played Jacqui against my friend using Liu Kang FF today and he got liked 10 flawless victories lol. He beats the s*** out of her from anywhere on the screen....
Then I must switch to Kitana and we were pretty even. One thing I noticed is that the last hit of his windmill punch always whiffs when Kitana's crouching. Is that a high? Why does it whiff?

So MKX has been out for ~3 months now - there's still a heck of a lot to discover, of course, but it's usually enough time to get at least some sort of idea regarding where the game is headed.

Regardless, as things stand currently, which specific MU do folks think is the most unbalanced in the game, possibly to the extent of being almost completely unwinnable for the disadvantaged side?
It's been out for 4 months now.